A house, a home
[html]
HAI Wink slight ramble from me, sorry
Word Count: 401

It could be the season. Or the weather. Or maybe the fact that winter was not so far away anymore, and with that realization came the need to be part of a collective effort to stay alive. He wasn't certain, but around these days and for a few months more, the tribe had always had a little wave of newcomers to their ranks. He liked to think of it as fresh blood, although every member in his AniWayan tribe could be described as just that, since his daughter and himself were the only true Aniwayans left now. Quickly, he fastened his belt around his waist and stepped out of the small hut that was his den, and headed in the direction of the howl. It would be interesting to see who this joiner was. If it wasn't a joiner he would be surprised, but he never ruled out the possibility that it could be a representative from another pack that wished to see him. Other cases was nearly always handled by the scouts.

Heading north, the route took him through his village and onto the working fields. Passing a few horses he hurried along, not wanting to let the stranger wait. It was some distance to cover, but his lanky legs helped him along, and after not too long he could spot an unevenness in the horizon, one that wasn't always there. Coming closer, it confirmed his assumption: Sitting on something in the distance was a dark-pelted female. Greeting her with a friendly wave of his arm, he covered the distance between them. The view was undisturbed, but the distance seemed shorter. It was the flatness of the working fields that made it so. Soon, he was finally close enough to speak to her, standing a few feet away, and he gave her his usual greeting. Something between a nod and a bow, eyes closed and face downwards. Lifting his face and gaze up again, he sought eye contact and introduced himself. It was how he always did it, without exception. "Hello. My name is Dawali Amara, I'm the chief of the tribe whose borders you are standing on, AniWaya." Pausing, he glanced at the scars on her muzzle, they weren't that old. He would know, he knew what there was to know about scarring. His own were not yet fully healed. Smiling politely, he continued. "How can I help you?"

By James!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread