A house, a home
[html]
Hehe, thanks, you too Wink
Word Count: 380

She gave him a greeting in return, and he stood still as he listened to her proposal. As he had thought - and he liked being right. Not in the arrogant, smug way, just slightly satisfied with himself. He didn't believe in not encouraging oneself, anyway. As the femme spoke, he studied her further, and found knives in her belt, and an odd pair of irises. They were not the same. He had seen those with eyes such as hers before, but he had never lived with one or interacted with one. Most of those he had seen had been highly ranked, and in the past, when he was a lowly member of the old AniWayan tribe. He had not been allowed to approach them. Secretly he believed they had been revered to those ranks simply because of their eyes, as if they held a spiritual meaning, because more often than not they had had no particular skills, as the rest of the Masters did. This person, however, was the same as everyone else, it seemed, and as a bird flew down and sat itself on her outstretched arm he became certain: she'd fit nicely in the tribe, if she could just pass the test.

Maintaining his smile, Dawali nodded before he replied, his voice warm. There was no doubt that he held an amount of authority, however. His feathered mane moved as a current of air moved past his head, and the sudden sensation of claws in his shoulder reached his brain. What, Gvihita was jealous now? She'd gotten much attention since she started showing herself to everyone, a powerful eagle as she were, but to behave like this? Well, she was female. Perhaps she wanted to establish some form of authority over the bird, but she should know better than anyone that the bird did not recognize her as a bird. Because she was not. With a puzzled look he glanced at the brown eagle, before looking to Hanna and continuing, his smile again in place. "I see. I can see you have knives, there, so I assume you know how to wield them. Do you have other skills that might contribute to our tribe? These are just standard questions, I ask every joiner about these same issues."

By James!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread