A house, a home
[html]
My reply stinks but that's the best I can do >_>
Word Count: 351

The bird on the femme's shoulder reacted with either fear or anger at Gvihita's appearance, and he knew she liked it. She couldn't smile because of her beak, but it was almost as if smugness radiated from her. It did not decrease when the mortal bird took off and circled above instead. The male glanced upwards before he looked at the female again, waiting until she was finished talking. He was glad to see that she was not afraid of him, and her skills spoke of learning to be on one's own. It was all good and well to have the members of the tribe respect you and thus be somewhat uncertain about how to behave around him, but it was refreshing to meet someone with a decent amount of confidence, too. Nodding as she finished her summary, as it seemed to be, he smiled again, but paused a moment before responding. So, she was good at handling fire, eh? They had no fire tenders as per yet in the tribe, and they did need one. Right now, Dawali was burdened with performing all the tasks of the Masters, because none here had yet risen to become a Master in anything. It would be a relief to know that at least there was one active person in all the needed skills around the tribe, and this femme could fit into several of them. "From what you're telling me I'm sure you'd be fit in well among our ranks. We have a need for someone to tend the many smaller fires around here, and also particularly that big ceremonial fire you can probably see at a distance as we head on into town. If you want, I can teach you what such a position would mean - culturally and spiritually - for us. That is if you'd be interested in it - we have several other spots open as well, which you seem to be able to fill." Smiling openly at his new-found tribe member, he waited for her response, his tail moving behind him in an ever so slow wagging motion.

By James!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread