The Outside Corner
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... leaf_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry for the delay!
500+

Amata, as usual, was outside. She stuck close by the mansion that day, still a little discouraged by her journey to An’-Waya, which had taken much, much longer than she had expected and had ended in nearly getting lost in the dark forest with a hungry tummy. And the Sadira pup didn’t like to be hungry or lost because being hungry and lost was not fun and did not make her feel good and safe. And even though the puppy had indeed found An’-Waya and Aunt Ember (although it had actually been Oh-say-ann and No-war for whom she had been searching), she still remembered how scary the forest had been, and how scary the dark was, and how scary the shadow monster had been—before she had found out that it was Aunt Ember and her horsey.

There was a puddle left in one of the corners, left there by the angry clouds that were very quiet now. The blue and green orbs looked down at the reflection, seeing only the blue sky and the clouds that were still grey from crying. But the wind was nice and the sun was warm, and the clouds were not crying anymore. That made Amata happy, and when she was happy, she smiled. So the creamy pup smiled up at the clouds. "I’s glad that yous iss not sads anymore," the little voice yelled up at the sky. She wagged her tail happily, and her rump wiggled happily along with it. "I’s play with yous," she continued, taking a deep breath so that she would have enough air to yell, "but I’s can’ts flies up theres, so I’s plays with yous when I’s sleeping!" Ever since her conversation with Uncle Ehno, she had asked the Dream Maker to make her nice dreams like that. Occasionally, the Dream Maker was nice and gave her dreams where she lived in the sky and played with the clouds and their baby clouds too. It was very nice, and Amata was glad that she could make the clouds not sad.

Content that the clouds had heard and understood her, Amata gave a sigh of satisfaction, nodding several times to herself so that her ears flapped happily along. Slowly, she looked down into the puddle, taking several steps forward so that she could see herself without getting her paws wet. It was strange to see oneself in a reflection, and Amata thought the same thing. She smiled faintly to herself, a strangely solemn look crossing her face. And then, abruptly, she had pounced into the puddle, splashing the muddy water everywhere. Suddenly, her expression was bright as she smiled and splashed, stomping her paws into the shallow pool. Her white coat grew dark with the mud, but such a thing didn’t bother the small puppy. She laughed and giggled and screamed with delight. And when splashing wasn’t enough, Amata threw herself to the ground and began to roll and wriggle in the water that felt nice in her warm coat. Her splashing and giggling were so loud in her little ears that she could hear nothing else save for her fun.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread