The Outside Corner
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... leaf_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Sorry for the delay!
500+

Amata, as usual, was outside. She stuck close by the mansion that day, still a little discouraged by her journey to An’-Waya, which had taken much, much longer than she had expected and had ended in nearly getting lost in the dark forest with a hungry tummy. And the Sadira pup didn’t like to be hungry or lost because being hungry and lost was not fun and did not make her feel good and safe. And even though the puppy had indeed found An’-Waya and Aunt Ember (although it had actually been Oh-say-ann and No-war for whom she had been searching), she still remembered how scary the forest had been, and how scary the dark was, and how scary the shadow monster had been—before she had found out that it was Aunt Ember and her horsey.

There was a puddle left in one of the corners, left there by the angry clouds that were very quiet now. The blue and green orbs looked down at the reflection, seeing only the blue sky and the clouds that were still grey from crying. But the wind was nice and the sun was warm, and the clouds were not crying anymore. That made Amata happy, and when she was happy, she smiled. So the creamy pup smiled up at the clouds. "I’s glad that yous iss not sads anymore," the little voice yelled up at the sky. She wagged her tail happily, and her rump wiggled happily along with it. "I’s play with yous," she continued, taking a deep breath so that she would have enough air to yell, "but I’s can’ts flies up theres, so I’s plays with yous when I’s sleeping!" Ever since her conversation with Uncle Ehno, she had asked the Dream Maker to make her nice dreams like that. Occasionally, the Dream Maker was nice and gave her dreams where she lived in the sky and played with the clouds and their baby clouds too. It was very nice, and Amata was glad that she could make the clouds not sad.

Content that the clouds had heard and understood her, Amata gave a sigh of satisfaction, nodding several times to herself so that her ears flapped happily along. Slowly, she looked down into the puddle, taking several steps forward so that she could see herself without getting her paws wet. It was strange to see oneself in a reflection, and Amata thought the same thing. She smiled faintly to herself, a strangely solemn look crossing her face. And then, abruptly, she had pounced into the puddle, splashing the muddy water everywhere. Suddenly, her expression was bright as she smiled and splashed, stomping her paws into the shallow pool. Her white coat grew dark with the mud, but such a thing didn’t bother the small puppy. She laughed and giggled and screamed with delight. And when splashing wasn’t enough, Amata threw herself to the ground and began to roll and wriggle in the water that felt nice in her warm coat. Her splashing and giggling were so loud in her little ears that she could hear nothing else save for her fun.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Eee, so cute Big Grin

500+

Gotham was venturing deep into Anu's garden, his nose gently pushing the stalks of flowers that were larger than himself out of the way as he wiggled his little body around them. He was crouched down low, chest barely off the soil, because it made him feel even more daring. Compared to the bright outside light, it was wonderfully dim in the depths of the garden, and the moisture in the soil seemed to be trapped beneath the scratchy leaves. The boy was sure that he would probably get into trouble if someone caught him in there again, but he was being really careful and couldn't see the harm in his little adventure. He wouldn't be able to give an adult a satisfying answer as to why he had taken even a single step into the garden, but he found the strange mystery of tangled stalks and leaves very enchanting. Insects buzzed around him and scurried around his paws as he stepped by, and he tried his hardest to keep his excitement from manifesting itself externally, feeling that would ruin the moment.

His nose was pressed close to the earth, but when he heard someone yelling he popped his head right up, straightening his front legs. His eyes were just high enough to see over the top of the flowers, and he winced for a moment before darting his head around. The pup recognized the voice, of course, and made a hasty decision. Now that the intrigue of the little jungle he had been sneaking through had been shattered by the call of someone familiar, playing with Amata would be much more fun than continuing the game. Keeping his head above the tops of the flowers, now, he carefully manoeuvred himself out of the garden and bounded toward the direction the call had come from.

As he drew nearer, the voice turned into giggles and squeals. The boy found that a smile was already pulled across his maw, and when he rounded the corner of the house and saw that his sister was actually rolling on the ground the smile split into a giant grin. He yipped in glee and sped his pace to an all-out run. As he drew close to the puddle, Gotham slowed just enough to feel stable and safe, and plunged his feet into the puddle in one great leap, as close as he could get to his sister without worrying about landing on her and hurting her. The water lifted up around him and tickled the fur on his chest, and he shrieked and stomped his paws a few times. His raven pelt did not show the mud like Amata's did, and he giggled at the way she was changing color.

Jumping in a puddle and playing like this was certainly not something that he would do by himself, but seeing his sister have so much fun made it extremely fun to the boy, as well. Gotham didn't utter any hellos, the squeals of laughter greeting enough.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... leaf_t.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

^=^
500+

The water and the mud filled her fur, tickling her skin as they came. Giggling and screaming with her delight, she had watched as the image of the sky and the clouds reflected in the puddle disappear by the ripples she made upon it. And rolling about, she could watch the sky and the clouds, although the mud and the water jumped up and landed on her face. They wanted to play too! So the creamy puppy turned over, biting the water so that she could wrestle with it, although the water simply slipped away. It was a very strenuous thing, to try and catch the water.

Suddenly, someone else was in the puddle with her. Amata paused, a look of surprise upon her face. Her wide eyes darted about, attempting to find who it was that had suddenly joined her. The sudden shriek caused her to scream in return, a high pitched sound that was drawn out. And the pup was able to realize that she couldn’t see because the water and the mud had fallen over her eyes. With that having been discovered, Amata shook her fur, spraying the water and the mud in every direction. Amata giggled loudly as she sneezed, looking up now to find who it was that was sharing the puddle with her. And then— "Got’am!" She called her brother’s name, yelling it in his face with all her happiness and glee. What a pleasant surprise that he was here to play with her. Now she wouldn’t be alone, and she could play and have fun with her brother who had pretty blue eyes. I’s has a blue eyes too, she thought delightedly. And that was a good thing, because that mean that they were related, and she liked being related to Got’am.

Immediately she pounced on him, growling as she bit at the ruff of his neck. Her growling was made to sound vicious, but it was more comical that vicious, her girly wiles unable to produce such a frightening visage. And she growled lovingly, putting her paws—which she now saw were dark brown—upon her brother’s shoulder. The colour of her own fur surprised her. I’s not has that colours fur! The ceamy pup leapt back, splashing water and mud all about as she turned her eyes downward. As the water settled, she could see her reflection (and the sky’s reflection too) and she found that she was indeed a different colour. Her blue and green eyes were wide as she turned to Got’am. "Got’am, looks!" she exclaimed in her disbelief. "Sometings are wrongs! My furs iss not white anymores!" As if to emphasize such a fact, the little girl lifted a paw from the puddle, water and mud dripping from her little claws and from her darkened fur. "Why’s my furs likes this nows?" It was a curious thing indeed. "I’s guesses I’s looks likes yous and Cambi now," she supposed, her head tilted as she tried to explain such a thing further but could not.

[/html]
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... table_.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Your new set is beautiful!

500+

When the scruff of his neck was seized, the ebony boy let out an enthusiastic grumble, twisting his head upwards and away from his sister as she put her wet paws on his shoulders. His snout found the side of her neck, and he nibbled on her with his tiny front teeth before licking the wet fur tenderly. He was interrupted when she pulled away, and a squeal escaped his mouth as she splashed in the water. He joined in for just a couple of stomps before she stopped, and turned his gaze down to the water as she did. He had seen out of the corner of his deep cerulean eyes that her fur was turning a ruddy colour, but was so caught up in their play that he hadn't taken a single moment to get a good look at her. Now that she had exclaimed her own surprise, and was holding up her paw to make the point more clearly, the boy's eyes widened and he looked at her in shock.

Amata was turning into a Gotham! She already had one eye that was as blue as the boy's, and now her fur was changing colour, too. Maybe soon the other eye would turn blue as well and it would be impossible to tell them apart! Or maybe her eyes would turn the deep loamy green of her sister's, and they would be identical! Oh, it was a very funny idea, but Gotham knew that puppies couldn't just suddenly look like their siblings, they had to be born like that. There was a very reasonable explanation for this strange change in colours, though: monsters! Looking at Amata's paw with his brows furrowed thoughtfully, the boy huffed a little. He knew for sure that some kind of monster was responsible, but wasn't sure how exactly. The source of the monsters was clear, at least; they came down in the rain, just like had told Cambria, and they must have stayed in that puddle as the angry clouds drifted away.

Lifting his eyes up to Amata's, the boy explained confidently, as he knew that confidence was one thing you needed so that others would believe you were right. "It's the monsters!" he cried out, "Dey are hangin' onto yer furs and making it a different colour, cos they are black and dey are hangin' on!" That seemed to make complete sense, and Gotham shivered a little to think that there were monsters on him that he couldn't see! Maybe they weren't bad monsters, though, because it wasn't really bad to look like Cambria and Gotham! But Amata was pretty, so the boy didn't want her to stay like that forever. He liked having a pretty alabaster sister and a pretty chestnut sister, and also it would be hard to tell them apart if they always looked the same! It was kind of funny for now, though, so he didn't try to think of a way to get the monsters off. Hopefully his sister would not be too concerned about monsters, like Cambria had been, because they weren't really all that mean! In fact, Gotham found himself developing a fondness for them, and he cracked a smile at Amata as he stared at her funny brown fur.

[/html]
[html]

Hahah, thanks, ^=^~
Sorry for the wait and the crap quality >n<
500+

She growled good-naturedly, delighted that her brother was playing with her. As Got’am struggled against her hold, she only fought harder to keep it, and yet, at the same time, she did not wish to lose her balance. The struggle between the two pups seemed at a stalemate, but it was something that did not bother Amata. She played simply for its fun. Her brother’s soft nibbles tickled her skin, causing her to smile. Her hold upon his scruff became more tenuous, but it seemed as if she didn’t need to be too aggressive, especially since he was giving her nice licks upon her wet fur. A soft, loving whine escaped the creamy pup, and as her muzzle took a better hold upon the loose skin of her darker brother’s neck, the little girl nuzzled the back of his head. But the show of fraternal affection was short-lived by the girl’s excitement.

Her brother’s explanation to her darkening fur did not help to comfort the girl. His confidence in his words only unnerved her. Why were there monsters in her fur? "The monsters ares black?" Amata asked with disbelief. Her mouth hung open for a second before snapping securely shut. "Why’s they’s on my furs?" Amata spoke through her clenched jaws, her eyes imploring as the blue and green met the eyes of her brother.

Gotham smiled at her, but Amata did not smile back. "Got’am!" Her voice held an almost frantic tone as she called his name in admonishment. "Whys yous tells me that?" Her ears flattened against her head nervously, and her paws bunched together as if she had backed into a corner. She stared down at the water and looked at her reflection. And that nervousness began to slowly grow into a fear. "Whys the monsterses changin’ my furs colours?" Her voice had grown into a quiet murmur as if speaking any louder might attract the monsters’ attentions, wherever they may be. A soft, high-pitched whine escaped her as her widened eyes looked back up at her brother. It wasn’t as if she actually believed that there were monsters on her fur, but she was suddenly afraid. It was irrational, as all fears were. "Maybes... I’s not plays in the waters anymores...." A nervouse giggle sounded as she slowly turned her body.

A shrill scream, like the fourth octave of a piccolo, slid through the silence, the sound waves reverberating off the walls of the corner. Amata had run, ripping through the water and onto the safety of the grass. Flinging herself onto the soft, green ground, she began to roll about, attempting to clean her fur of the dirty mud and the monsters. And she worked vigorously at this task, first upon her back and then upon her stomach. She turned upon her sides and dragged herself about in random paths. And the creamy girl did this until she was convinced that the monsters were all gone. Jumping up, she ran to a clean patch of grass and, sitting, began licking her fur if only to make herself pretty again. "Dos yous thinks theys gone?" she asked, looking up at her brother. He would know because he could see her. "Got’am, are they’s gone?" she asked again, her voice more insistent this time.

[/html]
[html]
Lies! Tongue Sorry I am slow ;o;

500+

Gotham realized now that his explanation had done nothing to help. His sister clenched her jaw, probably so that the monsters couldn't get in, and the look in her eyes made the boy's heart jump into his throat. He hadn't meant to scare her! Apparently monsters weren't as cool to girls as they were to boys, just like the color pink wasn't very cool for boys (Gotham kind of liked it anyway, but he wouldn't admit it). His ears folded back as well, sorry that he had unsettled Amata. Immediately, he regretted the things he had said. Sometimes the truth was just too much for someone to handle! He should have waited until she was older to tell her about the monsters in the rain, but the words had already escaped and there was nothing that he could do to reel them back. Hadn't he learned his lesson with Cambria? Hastily, he stuttered out, "Dun worry! It's just that dey are playin' tricks un you, dey er playin' a game with you! Dey are not mean monsters." His eyes were wide as he peered at his sister, hoping that he had done at least a little to calm her and that she would not leave their bit of watery fun.

He braced himself as she started to wail, surprised by the sudden high-pitched noise. The ashen girl was out of the water even faster than she had gotten into it, and was almost immediately in the grass. Once she was rolling around, Gotham's ears perked back up, slowly, and with his brows furrowed a little he took a few tentative steps towards her. The way that she was moving was kind of funny, especially because the girl was so frantic, but the charcoal colored pup was too concerned with the damage he had done to find it the least bit amusing. He needed to find a way to stop his words from coming out if they might be scary to his sisters, because they were girls and they didn't like the same things that he did. Gotham was a little disappointed with himself, and even more, wanted to console his sister.

As she started to lick herself he moved closer to her, extending a pink tongue and timidly pressing it against one of her shoulders as if to remove some of the lingering monsters. There were still more there, he knew it, but he didn't want to tell her. Instead, he stared at her shoulder, ears back, and replied softly, "Ye-yes, dey are gone." His voice trailed into a whisper at the end, as if the lie would be less obvious and less bad if it was quiet. The boy knew that saying something that you knew was false was bad, but in this case he thought it was okay. If he told the truth, his sister might get even more scared, and anyway it wasn't like the monsters were going to do anything more than scare her. A helpful lie must be acceptable.

[/html]
[html]

Don’t worry about it! And I’m being slow too! >n<
500+

"I don’s wants thems to plays tricks on mes!" It wasn’t very nice of the monsters to play tricks, especially when they were scaring her. But then Got’am said something that, to Amata, was quite contradicting. "They’s not means?" The girl’s voice held a panicked edge. "But...but I’s still afraids of them!" It was just something that she couldn’t help. It was like the yelling of the clouds. After her talk with Uncle Ehno, she knew that the clouds were just lonely and that they were mad because everyone ran away. The clouds were not scary, and Amata was friends with them. But their yelling never ceased to scare her, and it was their yelling that made her apprehensive of the rain. It was the same with these strange monsters that made her fur dark. She knew that Got’am wouldn’t lie to her, and so she believed her brother when he said that the monsters weren’t mean. But she couldn’t help but still feel that irrational fear, and so she had run from the water to clean her fur of those scary but not-mean monsters.

Frantically, her licking continued. The blue and green eyes concentrated upon the fur that her tongue cleaned, making sure that she could not see any more monsters. Yet, despite her fear and her certainty (as well as her brother’s certainty) that the monsters were there in her fur, Amata could see nothing but the individual hairs. Assuming that her inability to find the abominations was due to the extreme angles at which her eyes sought to look, the creamy girl continued and ignored her growing thirst. It wasn’t until her brother slowly made his way near that the bi-coloured oculars lifted to watch him with a quiet whine. Got’am’s tongue cleared away a spot on her shoulder, and the frantic movements slowly slowed and the fear slowly washed away. At his words, with the knowledge of the monsters being gone from her fur, the girl sighed, lifting her head and sheathing her tongue. With relief, the girl lifted her paw and pushed it up against her brother’s darker leg.

A timid smile, a smile that one wears after the relief from fear, came to her little muzzle. "Thanks yous, Got’am," the girl said. And, with a last roll in the grass, she was satisfied. "I’s very scareded afores, but I’s betters nows." Her tail wagged to affirm her improved state. "But yous should tells me abouts monsters afores I’s gets in them," Amata suggested. "Okays? Promises!" She wanted Got’am to promise so that she wouldn’t have to go through such a terrifying ordeal once more. Being scared hurt her feelings. She knew, however, that Got’am wasn’t the one that had made her scared—it was the scary but not-mean monsters. She just wanted Got’am to keep her safe from them.

"I’s thirsty nows," she admitted with a small laugh. "Do yous knows where wes can gets a yummy drink?" Her head cocked to one side. Maybe the black furred boy would know where to get a nice cool drink. "That water isn’t good for drinking," she continued, indicating to the puddle with her maw. "That water iss only goods for playin’." Amata giggled then, feeling more comfortable now that the scary but not-mean monsters were gone.

[/html]
[html]
<3

300+

Amata would just have to learn that the monsters were not anything to be worried about. Yes, they did change her fur to an odd color, but that was just a funny game that they liked to play! It had not been permanent, and it wasn't like they had eaten all the fur right off of the poor pup! Gotham could understand her worry, though; after all, she was a girl. Girls didn't like monsters, and they were always fretting about their pretty fur. Gotham liked to have his fur all pretty, too (he wouldn't admit it), but he enjoyed the games that the monsters played. One had to learn to embrace the monsters. The girl would learn with time. He only hoped that the monsters would not grow tired of playing with her and never come back! With a concerned look in his eyes, he said firmly, "Don't worry, Mata, dey're not gonna hurt ya er be mean."

He helped the girl clean her fur, wanting her to be happy, and relished in the gratitude that his sister gave him. It was too much, though, because really the monsters were not bad, and it was not a big deal that Gotham had helped to get rid of just a few. Even more than he felt for the monsters, he wanted his sister to be happy and not scared. So, regretfully, he replied to her request, "I promises." He would just have to play extra with the monsters so that they didn't get lonely and sad. It seemed that girls just did not like monsters the way that boys did. Gotham wished that he could have someone with which he could get dirty and play with monsters, but it didn't seem like it would be either of his sisters.

Now that the alabaster girl mentioned it, Gotham was a little thirsty too. Forgetting about the plight of the monsters, he adopted a thoughtful expression. Amata's less frantic words drifted past him as he tried to figure out where to get some nice fresh water. Indeed, the puddle was filled with monsters, and they would not like to take the adventurous and probably kind of disgusting trip down into his stomach. After a few moments of thinking, eyes drawn to the sky, he replied, "I dunno, Amanna, maybe if we walks we cahn find some." With that, and a small smile flung towards his sister, he began to walk forwards, taking a wide radius around the puddle filled with monsters. He felt a little troubled, once again feeling bad for the monsters now that he had stopped thinking hard about something else, but the feeling would soon pass.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the quality~ OnO
300+

Got’am’s words of comfort were lost upon the girl. She wanted to not be afraid of the monsters if what he said were true. But, at the same time, she couldn’t shake that fear from her mind. "I knoes," the creamy pup replied, "but I’s can’ts helps it." Her ears drooped down as she stared at the ground in her despair. Her brother’s tongue helped to alleviate her sadness, but she couldn’t feel any better. But then Got’am’s promise rang loudly for the girl. Visibly, she relaxed, smiling with her tongue lolling out as her posture straightened. "Thanks, Got’am," she said, licking her brother’s muzzle. "I feel’s muches betters nows." And it was true. It was as if the promise had created some sort of barrier that was protecting her against those scary monsters.

She smiled brightly at her brother in return, showing her little, white teeth. "Okays—yeahs," Amata agreed, nodding softly. "Less go for a walkings." Rising, she followed quickly behind her brother, and, as they passed by the puddle, she moved so that she placed Got’am between the scary, monster-infested puddle and herself. The blue and green eyes watched the now-frightening place apprehensively until they had safely passed. She released a relieved sigh before she resumed her normally cheerful mood. Prancing beside her brother, the little girl said, "Whats yous been doing today befores you camed to plays with mes?" Amata was always curious about what her siblings were doing, and, as long as they were going on a waterhole search, she could make that cheerful small talk. Her tail wagged cheerfully. "Is was juss waked up and played theres." Now that she said it, her day sounded very uneventful and boring. "I’s glad yous came to plays with mes," she admitted aloud.

"What abouts that place?" her voice suddenly piped up. The stubby muzzle pointed towards another puddle. "Or..." she began again, "maybes wes shouldn’ looks for a puddle...." Her very recent experience with the fur-changing monsters of the puddle made her reluctant to go to another place, even though she knew that she had played in puddles countless times before. The creamy pup turned her head to look at her darke-hued brother. "Maybes we should goes somewheres elses."

[/html]
[html]
D: so sorry for the wait
500+

The boy was very relieved to hear that his sister was a little step closer to not worrying about the monsters. He smiled at her and gave her a quick lick in return for the one she gave him. It would simply not do to have Amata worry about something that didn't warrant worrying about, and that her fear had taken so long to dissipate was a little weight on the boy's shoulders. Now that that pressure was gone (at least for the most part) he felt much better, and he wagged his tail. The word 'monster' had such a stigma to it, and Gotham thought that the unfortunate term was the only reason that Amata and Cambria were scared of the little beasties. Of course, it was strange to have one's fur change to a strange color, but it was temporary and painless. Eventually, the girls would come to realize that the monsters weren't anything to be afraid of, but apparently the time was not now. Perhaps Gotham would come up with some other word to call them by, as to not frighten any of his other friends (as if he had any that would also be concerned with the monsters!).

They walked, and the ebony pup couldn't help but notice that his sister seemed to put him in between her and the puddle as they passed it by. He didn't say anything, but thought for a moment on the evident fact that Amata still wasn't over being frightened of the monsters. Gotham reminded himself to be patient. The difference between girls and boys was made very clear to him, once more. Maybe his hope that his sisters would get over their apprehension was a little far flung.

She was quickly her typical self again, and Gotham smiled at her question. With all the excitement and backtracking he had to do to convince his sister that everything would be okay, he had forgotten all about being in the garden. The boy recounted his story carefully, so it wouldn't sound like he had damaged the little patch of wonders at all. "I was in tha garden en I was a-sneakin' 'cos dere's lotsa bugs en I was a-lookin' at them. En I was bein' lots careful 'cos Mati says we gotsta be careful." His smile widened as he thought about all the insects that one could find in such a place.

Gotham smiled just a little about what his creamy sister said next. It was nice to hear that she was pleased that he had joined her, but if he hadn't she wouldn't have fretted so much about the monsters! So maybe it was a good thing and a bad thing that he had heard her. The boy did not want her to worry, and though it was a good thing that she knew about the monsters now it was a little counterproductive simply because she got so upset. That didn't do anything for good for either the pretty pup or the monsters. Keeping his response neutral as to the goodness of his joining her, he replied cheerfully and genuinely, "I likes playin' with ya, Amana."

She didn't want to go to the puddle, and Gotham understood. He was about to open his mouth to repeat for the hundredth time that the monsters were not really bad and wouldn't even come out if one didn't disturb them by jumping in their puddle. The boy was stopped by the realization that it would do absolutely no good to force Amata to repair her relationship with the monsters. Instead he kept quiet on that subject and nodded in agreement. As the two continued to walk, he said quietly, "'Kay."

[/html]
[html]

No problem! ^=^
500+

Amata gasped noisly when she found out what her brother was doing. "Did yous asked Anu if you coulds plays there?" Amata knew how fun it could be to play in a place like Anu’s garden, and she certainly understood the fun of playing with bugs (except she didn’t like to play with biting spiders and stinging bees). But what if he hadn’t asked Anu? That would not be good… "I’s glad that yous bes careful, thoughs." Got’am was right and Mat-tea too—they had to be very, very careful!

"I’s likes playin’ with yous toos, Got’am!" Amata wagged her tail happily behind her as she playfully nudged his shoulder with her own. "I’s loves yous, brother Got’am!" Amata loved both of her siblings greatly, and she held them dear to her heart. A loving whine escaped her as she nibbled at his shoulder. And then suddenly she was pouncing on him, ready to play once more. And once more her harmless growls bounced pathetically off of her brother, although she never meant to hurt or be mean to the darker boy. Her little mouth tried as hard as it could do open as wide as possible, and she attempted to jump up and grab the back of his neck. In the end, however, she just ended up falling on the ground and rolling about, laughing and giggling until she had laughed her fill and rose once more. How fun it was to play with him! As she continued, the sun was already falling out of favor, and the world was growing dark with the promise of rain. But no clouds were yelling, and so Amata hardly noticed.

Amata continued to walk in silence. She didn’t like the silence because it was uncomfortable. So, to make it un-uncomfortable, the creamy puppy broke the silence. "Does you knows a place we cans drink at?" the girl asked, her voice sounding very loud in the silence. But the loudness of her voice was preferable to the awkward silence of moments before. A cheerful smile came to her little muzzle now. "I’s not wants to drinks from the puddles, but I’s are very thirsties!" She hoped that Got’am did know where a drinking place was—if not, they could always return to the mansion. "Ors wes can asks the grown-ups to gives us some water," she suggested aloud. Her tail cheerfully wagged several times behind her, signifying that it was okay if her brother Got’am didn’t know something. After all, the mansion was right there. All that they would have to do was to go inside and find someone to help them (but soon they would be old enough to help themselves). "I’s not cares where we gets a drinking, brother Got’am. And then maybes we can plays a game after!" That would be very fun! The creamy girl would have played at that very moment, but the thirst was simply too great! The fear of the monsters and the nervousness that rose within her must have dried up her mouth.

[/html]
[html]
300+

Gotham froze in his spot for just a moment before continuing to walk beside Amata. He had not asked Anu if he could play in her garden! But Mati had seen him there, and all she had said was that they would have to be really really careful. They were going to go back there every day to see if Mister Green was turned into a butterfly! Even on days that the older female couldn't go with him, the boy had gone just to check. So far it seemed as if the little caterpillar was still in its home. Gotham kind of doubted that caterpillars could actually sprout wings. Untill he saw for himself a butterfly crawling out of a cocoon he would remain just that little bit skeptical. Ignoring his sister's question, he looked at her and nodded. "Yes, it's very importants," he said, raising his eyebrows to emphasize the point.

He squealed a little when Amata told him she loved her. Yay! Love was good! With a wide grin, as she nibbled on his shoulder, he cried out, "I loves ya too, sisturr!" She jumped up on him playfully, and he mumbled a low play-growl. As she rolled off, he stood over her and pushed his nose into her chest. Amata was so silly! She was always doing funny happy things, and that was a reason why Gotham loved her so much. Giggling, he grabbed the side of her neck as she wiggled on the earth, tugging on it gently before giving it a couple of tender licks. The last thing that the boy wanted to do was hurt her.

It was good that Amata said something, because Gotham didn't like the quiet either but he didn't have anything to say! "Hmm!" he replied, just to let her know that he was thinking very hard. There was the lake, but that could be dangerous to puppies, and apparently puddles were out of the question. Amata's suggestion of asking the adults (very nicely, of course!) to get them some water seemed like a failproof one. Wagging his tail in unison with hers, whether coincidentally or on purpose, he beamed at her and replied, "I'm a-likin' yer idea, Manna, both of 'em ack-tually." He continued to walk beside her, shifting his direction a little more towards the mansion. "There is no monsters in tha water from tha house!" he added as an afterthought.

[/html]
[html]

500+

Amata nodded, each nod a very large and individual movement. The bi-coloured eyes were wide. "Very importants," she repeated, not even catching on to the fact that Got’am had not answered her question. It seemed as if he knew that it was very important to be careful and so Amata had connected that idea with the answer of ‘yes, he had asked Anu first’. "What was yous playin’ in there with the bugs?" She wondered if he played with the butterflies, or if he played with the beatles and stick bugs and moths and spiders. And she wondered what sort of games he played in a place with so many bugs. Maybe Cambi had taught him the game that had been played with No-war; maybe Got’am knew how to be a butterfly and drink flower juice too!

The blue and green eyes closed as she smiled happily and affectionately at her brother. His gentle and loving responses made Amata love him even more. Got’am may have been a boy, but he was her brother! And the dark hued boy was not mean like that Air-es Chance. He did not get mad at her for wanting to play, and he did not push and bite her on the shoulder. Nope. Got’am was the best brother a sister could ever ask for, and Amata was more than happy to be able to call him by that title. She giggled softly as his nose pressed into her chest—she forgot how much that tickled her. She had truly discovered the extent of her ticklish underside when she had played with No-war from An’Waya. But Got’am didn’t tickle her for too long. She licked his neck as he tugged and licked hers, and then, as he pulled away, she caught his ear as a surprise, holding onto it as she stood up with him. She pulled him along playfully and gently—nicely and not meanly.

Amata smiled brightly, encouraged by the thought. "Yeahs!" she agreed, remembering that the house water was safe. "The waters in the house iss safest!" Amata thought that she liked that idea the best, especially after the very frightening experience with the monsters in her fur. For a moment, the girl shuddered, grossed out and scared by that thought and memory. She nodded resolutely to herself. Iss best to goned to the house, she thought to herself. The blue and green eyes turned to look at her brother’s bright blue gaze. "Please takeds I’s home, cool Prince!" Just as she had once done with Cambi, Amata did her awkward curtsy that, in her mind, looked exactly like the curtsies that the princesses did in the pictures of those wonderful, magical story books. Then, stopping, she waited very patiently and expectantly, the thought that Got’am might refuse never crossing her mind. She was a princess after all, and Got’am was a prince. And as a prince, he had to take the princess back to her home where they could become prince and princess together! Staring almost with a blank bliss, she began to hum one of her quiet, tuneless songs.

[/html]
[html]
300+

Phewf. Amata had not noticed that he hadn't answered her question. He didn't want to admit that he hadn't asked Anu, first. Maybe he should do that soon? The boy wanted to go there every single day to see if his caterpillar friend was a butterfly yet, and though that didn't necessarily mean going right into the garden, he often got distracted. That was what had happened earlier today; just as he had found a little caterpillar house a giant spider with it's gargantuan legs ambled by. The little pup had followed it through the undergrowth until it disappeared off to the left, beneath a tangle of leaves and stalks that he would not fit through without doing some damage (Very importants, rang Amata's voice in his head as he recalled his decision not to continue following it). After that, he had continued to follow a little path that was not as dense as the rest of the garden until he had heard Amata's playful laughter.

"We was a-playin' follow da leader," he said cheerfully, trying to fit what he had actually done into a real game. He was being sneaky, but that wasn't really playing, was it? "Me en the spiders. They had the enoooormous legs! En their bodies 'er little dots!" Gotham giggled, remembering what they looked like. They definitely were odd creatures. The boy was quickly learning that if he wanted to see something very strange looking he could simply take a trip to the garden (or any other place with lots of plants) and look at the bugs.

Gotham didn't really think that 'safest' was the most exciting word, but he couldn't help but agree with his sister. He nodded briskly and smiled. The water from the house didn't have that weird kind of mucky flavour that water from puddles often did. As he pondered this strange discrepancy between water that was, after all, all water (the monsters must taste funny), Amata issued a request. Gotham giggled - he liked the idea of being a prince! The curtsy thing was kind of funny, and the boy wouldn't have known what it was even if it looked exactly how it was supposed to. He laughed a little more. "Oh-kay, cool Princess!" he exclaimed before extending his forepaws and lowering his head in a bow. How did princes take princesses home? Perhaps in the manner that Urma had taken Gotham back to the manor the other day - on their backs! Crouching close to the ground, he said, "Princess, get on!"

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the quality—I just wanted to get a post up so that I wasn’t dragging everyone behind!
300+

"Folloe-da-leader?" She exclaimed it almost incredulously. "I’s loves to plays that games!" She did—it was very fun. But wait—"And you’s plays it with the spiders?" Spiders were fun, but they could bite you and be mean, so Amata did not like it. She was glad that Got’am was nice with them and did not get bitten. "Ohs!" she said. "I’s knows those spiders! They’s called ‘dadda-legs’," she explained incorrectly.

Amata’s chest was puffed out in pride as the little black wolf made his bow. She swayed back and forth modestly—was she really cool? She would like to think that she was cool! "I’s am a cool princess, aren’ts I’s?" There was a soft giggle, one that signified that she wanted an answer. She needed to know if she was really a cool princess or not! And she was not just a cool wolf princess, she was a yellow butterfly princess and a fish princess too! That did make her pretty cool, right? But she didn’t tell Got’am that. What if Got’am was only a wolf prince? She did not want to make him feel sad. She giggled at his strange ways. "I’s hasta get on you’s backs, Prince Got’am?" What a strange thing! But maybe Got’am was right. He was a prince, after all, and she did not know what princes were supposed to do.

So, when he lowered himself to be close to the ground, Amata instinctively jumped up onto him so that she hung perpendicularly on his back. She did not realize that her weight would be similar to Got’am’s weight, and so she did not know that she might hurt him or that she might be too heavy for him. Instead, she thought only of how fun it would be to ride on a prince’s back like a princess should! "Thankk yous, Prince Got’am," the girl replied, her head turning and her muzzle brushing up against his ear as she spoke with tones she believed to be of royalty. "I wills has muches funs!" She nodded quite solemly before completely breaking out in a bout of giggles.

[/html]
[html]
Psh! Your posts are always wonderful :3
500+

Gotham's eyes lit up when his sister told him what those spiders were called. "Dadda-legs!" he parroted, a big grin on his face. The name kind of made sense and kind of didn't, at the same time. They were mostly legs, so the second bit made sense, but were they all daddas? Were there mamma-legs too? Maybe they were, and they just didn't play follow the leader. Maybe that's why Amata didn't mention them; she knew that Gotham was only playing with the daddas! Anyway, the next time that someone asked him what he did that day, he could tell them exactly, because he now knew what the spiders were called.

He would have replied to her question even without the little hint, and he nodded deeply and enthusiastically, crying out, "Yus you's a cool princess!" The boy didn't know that she was all sorts of cool princesses, though, and he was just a simple wolf prince! Perhaps he wouldn't have minded, because wolves were the smartest creature and also the coolest, so being a cool wolf prince made him really quite cool! If the opportunity presented itself, however, it would be splendid to be a dragonfly prince, as well. Dragonflies were the most majestic of all the creatures!

Perhaps it wasn't necessary that Amata got on his back, but he had said the words and didn't want to take them back. "Mmmm-hm!" he cried, and as the little girl crawled across his back he realized just how heavy she was. For some reason the pup had had in his mind that girls, and especially princesses, were supposed to be light as feathers. That way it was easier to carry them out of the castle! But maybe being a cool princess was different than being a normal princess. Anyway, he didn't have much time to think about it, because Amata was on his back and ready to go!

With a grunt, the boy tried to lift himself up, so his sister's paws were dangling off the earth. Boy, she really was quite heavy! After a few moments of strenuous work and many strained noises, Gotham was standing up straight. He took a deep breath, which was kind of hard to do, and steeled himself for the journey that was now looking to be a very difficult one. Exhaling, he stared forcefully at an invisible point in the distance and lifted a forepaw. With a little grunt, he pushed himself forward and managed to take a few steps before his path started to meander a little. As he started to fall over one side he tried to compensate and ended up leaning towards the other, and in this way he wove a very curvy trail forward.

The extent of his leaning grew more and more dramatic, and soon he felt like he was losing control. With a little cry and an exclamation of "Manna!" the inevitable happened; he stumbled over sideways. It wasn't quite clear what happened next, but the pups were on the ground, Amata's little white body slung over Gotham's. After a moment of shock, the boy giggled a little and said tentatively, "Manna? Cool princess is okay? Prince Gawthum is not a cool prince." With that sentiment, he furrowed his brow and looked to the ground. He'd be lucky if he was considered a prince at all!

[/html]
[html]

<3
300+

The struggling sounds were met with only marginal concern from the Cool Princess Amata. The ride had hardly begun and already the little girl was having fun! It was not hard for her to stay on, draped over her brother’s back as she was, but as he struggled to rise, his movements tickled her tummy. She giggled and wiggled a bit, which was most definitely not helping Got’am! "Oops," she said as she tried to stifle a giggle. "Sorries! Yous ticklin’ my tummy!" Now that he knew why she was moving, Amata thought that it would be okay. Finally, her brother had risen to his full height. "Wows! I’s up so talls!" The ground did look a little higher than it normally did, but for the pup, it was very high—not as high as when Mamma or Dadda held her, but almost! "Yous are very very talls, Got’am! Tallers than me!" Maybe that wasn’t exactly true, but it seemed very true to the pup in that moment.

As Got’am started walking, Amata giggled in delight, falling limply against him and relaxing and enjoying the princess ride that she was given by Prince Got’am. The funny, curvy bee line that Got’am was making made the ride very fun, and occasionally the creamy hued girl would emit an excited, delighted, "Woahs!" followed by several giggles. How nice it was of Prince Got’am to give her such an exciting ride! She was about to tell him so, and she opened her mouth and made a sound as if to speak, when suddenly things were veering all out of control! The girl screamed and suddenly she was thrown upon the soft earth. She lay there motionless for a few seconds, catching her breath, her blue and green orbs looking up at the bright but grey sky. It wasn’t until Got’am began to speak that a soft giggle was made, and she rolled over and struggled to get up as she found herself tangled in her brother’s body. "Yeahs?" she answered when her brother called her. "Yeses, I’s okay!" Her tail wagged happily. But then her brother made a comment that made Amata sad. "Nos!" she cried. "Got’am is a Cool Prince!" She poked him with her little nose. "Cool Prince Got’am is strongs and pickeds up Cool Princess Amata and carried her in fun ways like a bee or bird! Prince Got’am is Cool Prince Got’am!"

[/html]
[html]
<3
300+

It had been fun for the few seconds before he had started to lose control, but the instant that he became aware he was failing in his goal the pup become rather frightened. Girls were fragile, after all, and Amata was one of his two favourite girls! Well, there was mamma too, but she was big and strong, maybe even more than Gotham. His sister did seem to be having fun despite the mortal danger Gotham thought they were in, but her excited calls fell on deaf ears. Gotham did not want to crush her, and did not want her to fall on the ground. And what if she got covered in monsters again?! These and perhaps a few other worries seemed to block out any kind of sensory input, and it was likely that they were making it harder for him to find steady footing. In the split second before they fell to the ground, he wondered, briefly, how Urma had been so good at carrying him that day at the lake.

Gotham was quite relieved by her reply, and released the breath that he didn't even know he was holding. He struggled to stand up, as well, extricating his floppy limbs from Amata's. There was a flicker of a smile on his maw when his sister countered his little defeated statement, and the prod and the other words she gave him made the smile even wider. Looking to her with his eyebrows raised slightly, he said, "Weally, Manna? Like a bee or bird?" Well, maybe it had been fun. He had been so scared that he wasn't even able to see that it was. Of course he trusted everything that Cool Princess Amata said, so he didn't doubt this. The little smile turned into a full-out grin, and he beamed at the girl. Bending into a little bow, he contined, "Thankss, Cool Princess Manna! I take you to the castle now, but not on my back." With a little nod he came out of his bow, and began to walk towards the mansion at a leisurely pace. In his mind, this was how royalty travelled when they were short of a carriage.

Requiem made this ♥
[/html]