My second chance.
[html]

Fading out here for the hunt and a newer thread. ^^ 300+ words.

#####If only she knew what he knew of the world and of himself, then she would not make jokes such as that. His gaze averted, Vigilante tried to remind himself that what she had said was merely a joke, and that she didn't really know what he had seen or the things he had done. . . The things he still felt were necessary to do, but he was not comfortable fulfilling those duties here and now. Ayita didn't know those things, and if he were to have it his way, she would never have to know. He didn't want to ruin her view of him under any circumstances. The fact that they had seemed to form a bond between them, one of a strange friendship, was cherished by him greatly. At the moment, he was not willing to risk the friendship between them just to entertain her with his life's less-than-average tale. It wasn't worth it yet, in his eyes.

#####"If only you knew," he mused aloud this time, giving her a glimpse of his thoughts. "When I feel you are ready to hear it, then I will share." It was cryptic, just as was everything else he usually said about where he came from and the life he led before coming to this pack of newly formed misfits. Nodding in the direction of what smelled like something they could easily catch (it was probably a hare or something, but from a distance, he couldn't quite tell), he led his friend silently in hopes of finding her a meal soon. A lady really should be taking care of herself, and evidently, Ayita had not been doing that. To actually feel hunger meant that you were not eating nearly enough, and he intended to fix that for her. Though it wasn't really his job, Vigilante had made it his duty to make sure she was taken care of, no matter what her relationship with Leroy was, or anything that formed between him and other pack mates.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread