My second chance.
[html]

Ayita perched herself on a rock a smile laced her maw as she sat there her fur blowing in the wind. She reached her hind leg up itching a rather bothersome fly that had been bugging her. She smiled her eyes gleaming in the morning light. The sun was just rising to greet the day and she was sitting there waiting to greet it and say farewell to the moon.

She looked out on her new home thinking about her day with Leroy and the time she spent with him now. Right now she couldn't help but let her mind fade back to her memories of home. She frowned slightly as she thought about how happy she was though she was so foolish shielded from the truth of the real world. She was glad she ended up taking a crash course in reality or she'd be rude and uppity still.

She wondered what she was going to become here.

[/html]
[html]

394 words.

His recent meeting with the woman Colibri had left him shaken, though not visibly so. It was good to know that she would live and would be able to heal, both mentally and physically he hoped, but it still had him thiking of what might have happened if he had not found her so quickly. She most certainly would have had less of a chance of living. As far as he knew, however, Colibri did not hate him for saving her, and for that, he was very grateful. What he had done in the past was considered rescuing the victims from the one he was set to kill, but very frequently, he chose not to stay and see if those he saved would appreciate such a gesture. It was nice to know she did not hate him, and would continue living. He wished her the greatest deal of happiness in the imminent future.

Trotting in the direction of the familiar smell of one of the few females in the pack, Vigilante was relishing the use of his lupus form. It seemed that everyone here chose to use their shifted form, and while he did like to use that one, it was always nice to revert back to your roots and run around on all fours. The optime form was more than useful, and it tended to come in handy. In his lupus form, he would not have been able to do most of what he did, before coming to Cour des Miracles and afterwards. There was just so much that the shifted form of the body could do that the normal form could not perform or handle. Vigilante very much appreciated having the option to choose between either form.

"Hello, Miss Ayita. How is the pack life treating you?" he questioned, sauntering closer to her. It had been some time since their last meeting, but he did recall her being very open to the flirty side of life, so he would use that knowledge to his advantage. She was friendly enough, and he could consider her someone to talk to, flirt with, or just spend time with, provided she still found him interesting and as handsome as she claimed he was during their last encounter by the river, as brief as it had been.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita sat there and the wind rustled past her it wasn't a heavy wind but enough to cool her down. It was so nice being here in the morning light alone. She smiled smelling a scent that she knew. She turned just as a voice hit her. "Hellooo handsome." She said with a smile and a wink as she went back to looking out at the area.

"Isn't it just lovely a fresh start to a bright new day." She said. She ran her fingers through her damp hair she had been in the river after all that she could still smell Leroys faint scent on her. It was comforting in a way. Day by day she was growing more fond of him. She loved falling asleep protected by him.

"How are you today Vigi?" She asked it was much easier to call him that then his whole name which she had sorta forgotten. That made her feel slightly bad what a jerk she must be.

[/html]
[html]

Is she shifted or not? I didn't think so at first, since she scratched, but now I'm confused. XD 312 words.

"Flattery, my dear," he reprimanded, tut-tutting in pure jest. He sat close to her, looking in the same direction she was, considering the view. It was a rather nice start to the day, but he could not help but feel slightly dampened, his mood a little less elated than it had been from a distance. Sitting this close to her, Vigilante was able to smell the lingering remains of Leroy's scent, saturated into her fur deeply. Evidently, she had settled into the pack very nicely, and he could not help the flared bit of jealousy that he felt. There were no stronger feelings towards Ayita than to any of the other females he had met in the area, but he was rather fond of her, and to know something was going on between her and Leroy, whom he had met on only one occassion, was rather frustrating and a little saddening. All he wanted was someone.

Keeping his attention on the view at hand, Vigilante shrugged, a significantly less obvious action when in his lupus form. "I am well, I suppose. I have not found much to do yet. And how are you, lovely lady? Judging from the scent on your fur, I might have to say that it seems you have settled in quite well since the last time I saw you," he added, keeping any hint of jealousy out of the tone of his voice, instead using his normal tone, very precise. Generally speaking, he was happy that she had found herself someone interesting, but he was still jealous. Perhaps he was not jealous of her and Leroy, per se, but he was jealous that she had found someone, and evidently, so had the black and white male, while he had not found someone yet, when it was really the only thing he was looking for at the time being.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita smiled as Vigilante started to talk with her. She enjoyed his friendship and felt that they had a rather nice connection. She much enjoy her wolven for yes she could do less but in this form she felt more at one with the past. She smiled looking at him as he mentioned the scent was it really that noticeable. She leaned down and sniffed her fur. Damn his scent was on her pretty good. She thought it was a mental thing.

"Oh Leroy, Umm settled sort of. I mean he's a really nice guy and I enjoy his company as he enjoys mine." She looked at him. She was glad to have his company though Vigi was such a smart man and had a good head on his shoulders. She kinda leaned over and bumped him. "So I hope you and I can be good friend Handsome. I really do enjoy hanging around with you."

[/html]
[html]

308 words.

Chuckling slightly at her actions, Vigilante sat with a more relaxed state of mind. Yes, the scent was very heavy on her, and he had noticed it very easily. He supposed that was a fair enough answer, and though he was not fond of the "sort of" she had added, Vigilante hoped that, for her sake, the settlement would work out well. From a bystander's point of view, he did not have anything to say that would be helpful to the situation, other than to wish her luck in what she and Leroy would find in their future. As long as Ayita was happy, Vigilante knew he could not say anything negative. Leroy had not struck him as someone incredibly benevolent and amazing, but he hoped that he had been wrong in his initial judgement of the strange black and white male. Though he was usually a good judge of character, eh hoped that Leroy was much more than he had originally guessed him to be.

As long as Leroy would treat her like the proper lady she deserved to be treated as, then, as her friend, he would have to be happy for her. "As long as he treats you right. Of course we can be friends; I would like that very much," he added quickly. He was trying very hard to make friends, and since he had met her a few times now, the mutt thought of her as a close acquaintance. Perhaps not a friend - he was still not trusting enough to make proper friends - but she was as close as could be, he suspected. Other than his only sister, he had never really had any friends; he had never been given such a chance, having grown up so isolated from everyone else. Eventually, he would have real friends and relationships, he presumed.

[/html]
[html]

Ayita sat there her tail swaying back and forth as she lifted a paw and itched at her ear. She had gotten bit by something and it was driving her nuts. Looking back at vigi she gave another warm smile. as she playfully nudged him. She was almost at a loss for words and shouldn't she by now be nothing but a wide awake talking monster. no why would that happen normally you couldn't get her to shut up but today she could hardly get herself to talk let alone have energy to do much.

"Good cause everyone could use a friend." She said smiling as she stood. She brushed her tail against him and then jumped from her spot. "Hey come on let go there is so much to do and man I'm hungry how about you? Maybe we could goof off and just play games or something." she said with a smile. she wanted to run, meet the wind and chase anything just for the sheer pleasure of chasing it. Her blue eyes glistened as she looked at him with a wide smile and a ready to go attitude.

"..."

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####The silence stretched between him, though Vigilante was not able to say it was not comfortable. It was not a silence he was enjoying, but he was not feeling the itch to roam away from his friend. If anything, he was beginning to feel as though he needed to stay closer to Ayita. He had always felt the need to protect those he cared for, and though he could not say he was particularly close to the woman sitting next to him, his instincts told him that he needed to be there for her. There were few that he had ever felt the need to protect wholeheartedly, disregarding his profession of protecting those that needed him from the ones that were hurting them. His sister had been one, and likewise, his youngest niece, Lolita. Other than that, he had no one, but was slowly building up a repertoire or those he needed to protect in this area. Such as Hanna, Ayita, and Colibri, to name a few. He hoped that Hanna and Colibri were doing well.

#####Her sudden enthusiasm startled him, but it was not unwelcomed. The distraction was appreciated, and he grinned in response. If she was hungry and wished for food, he would certainly deliver. "Being hungry is not befitting of a lady," he scolded lightly, laughing quietly along with the words. "One might think you are not taking care of yourself." Standing as she did, the hybrid shook out his thick fur, too thick for any weather other than the coming winter. The cold would be refreshing, indeed. There was a difference in the fur of a dog rather than the fur of a wolf, and unfortunately, his fur did not thin in the summer as much as a wolf's did. "What do you say to the idea of a hunt?" he questioned, stretching to his full ability. There; that was better. "Your choice, and my treat," he suggested, not sure what she might be interested in.

[/html]
[html]

Blah I suck here ya go meggles.

She wasn't sure what had gotten into her but she wanted to go out and just be. She needed to roam hunt play and excitement was mounting as she was finally feeling at home. "Alright lets go then." she said as she took a pace of a brisk walk. she was happy to be out hunting with someone and not on her own. Two made it that much easier to catch prey.

"So honestly where did you come from and why here?" Ayita asked trying to stir up conversation and get to know who's behind the fur. she hoped she was not being rude by asking him but she honestly truly wanted to know. She had gotten to know a few people and only briefly met others and gotten names. Leroy had mentioned a few and she had of course met those who she shared a home with.

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

#####Taking his place beside her, Vigilante matched her pace easily, his body used to moving at a speed faster than most he had met here. It was normal for him to move more quickly than average, and it was nice to have the chance to do it every so often when he wasn't alone. Ayita still had not given him any specifics on what she wanted to eat, but he was sure that they would find something soon enough that would spark her interest and, apparently, hunger. He couldn't say he was too hungry himself, but then, he was going to hunt for her, and not for himself. Silly girl wasn't eating enough, he could only assume. Didn't her parents teach her anything?

#####The question took him aback and he averted his gaze from the female, his muddied eyes searching out his own briskly moving paws. It was not a question he wanted to answer, and he expected that he already had, in a way. She had probably asked the first time they met, and he had very likely given her his standard answer of wanting a new life. No one seemed to want to pry further into his past than that, and if anyone did, he would not give them any more details than that. But for whatever reason, he felt that Ayita wouldn't hate him for everything that he had done in his past. Maybe she could even try not to hold it against him. She would never understand, but accepting that he could do that would have been a start, at least.

#####For a moment, he was considering telling her everything, thinking it might be good to get something like that out in the open. Ayita was , he believed, the closest person he could call a friend here, and it was still a stretch. The secret hanging between him and everyone else prevented any real relationships from forming. The idea of telling her everything was short lived, however. "That is a story for another day," he said, grinning at the possible suggestion before letting his eyes fall to her moving form once more. Maybe he really could tell her someday, but he did not think that day would come anytime soon, unfortunately. The weight of his secrets would remain on his shoulders for at least another day.

[/html]
[html]

So I'm a loser.

Ayita smiled as she stayed quite thinking about Vigi and what they were going to do. She smiled as she put her nose to the ground or close to it she was more so looking for a rabbit hole or something. Looking up at him she smiled. "Oh I get it. you have a boring past, the normal I was tired of my home my life was good and fun and full of wonder." She teased she wasn't one to really pry in thats why she was joking about the whole oh boring thing. She walked forward more as she sighed felling not so hungry she was more into roaming randomly or something. "I didn't mean to pry but when later comes I'll be ready for story time." She said with a grin.

[/html]
[html]

Fading out here for the hunt and a newer thread. ^^ 300+ words.

#####If only she knew what he knew of the world and of himself, then she would not make jokes such as that. His gaze averted, Vigilante tried to remind himself that what she had said was merely a joke, and that she didn't really know what he had seen or the things he had done. . . The things he still felt were necessary to do, but he was not comfortable fulfilling those duties here and now. Ayita didn't know those things, and if he were to have it his way, she would never have to know. He didn't want to ruin her view of him under any circumstances. The fact that they had seemed to form a bond between them, one of a strange friendship, was cherished by him greatly. At the moment, he was not willing to risk the friendship between them just to entertain her with his life's less-than-average tale. It wasn't worth it yet, in his eyes.

#####"If only you knew," he mused aloud this time, giving her a glimpse of his thoughts. "When I feel you are ready to hear it, then I will share." It was cryptic, just as was everything else he usually said about where he came from and the life he led before coming to this pack of newly formed misfits. Nodding in the direction of what smelled like something they could easily catch (it was probably a hare or something, but from a distance, he couldn't quite tell), he led his friend silently in hopes of finding her a meal soon. A lady really should be taking care of herself, and evidently, Ayita had not been doing that. To actually feel hunger meant that you were not eating nearly enough, and he intended to fix that for her. Though it wasn't really his job, Vigilante had made it his duty to make sure she was taken care of, no matter what her relationship with Leroy was, or anything that formed between him and other pack mates.

[/html]