it's only teenage wasteland
[html]
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... orse_t.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

Princess sat down next to him, though not too close to him. That was fine, he could understand that she wouldn't want to be all that close. Surely her mind was just as turbulent as his was. Plus things were different than they had been that night. They were both sober and really seeing one another clearly for the first time. It made the awkwardness that had been driven away by the alcohol come back in full force and his stomach jumped around inside him uneasily. "Well uh, first I guess I'll say that I...don't regret what happened. I kind of regret some things, like us being drunk and just...I dunno. I've never done anything like that before. I don't want you to think that I don't respect you, because I do." Man this was awkward. Was he getting his point across? Haven wasn't really sure, his tongue felt clumsy. "I only wish I had done right by you. You deserve to be treated better than that." He sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "But, if it came down to choosing between what happened and never meeting you...I'd choose what happened." The Knight could feel his cheeks burn beneath his burnt orange fur.

"Well, I guess I should tell you about me. Where to start..." Haven swallowed, his body twitching nervously and the aching in his torso and head incredibly prevalent. "I was born here actually. My mom used to be the Commander and my adopted mom still lives here. Anu if you know her. I lived here until I was about seven months, then I ran away and lived in the city for a while. I was...kind of a mess back then. I found out something about my dad that's...really bad." He couldn't muster the courage to tell her, not so soon. Surely she would throw him out this instant if he came out and said his father was a rapist and a murderer. "But then Jac came along and I helped form Cour des Miracles. That's when I became a knight."

Now came the other thing that could potentially have her hating him. Haven chewed on his lip nervously. "Ummm, about that Si that my sister mentioned. She and I were childhood friends, we were really close. When we got older I found out I liked her and she felt the same way. She lived in the clan, but not long after Cour des Miracles formed she decided to leave and come live with me. She said she wanted to spend her life with me and I wanted that too. But, about a week before that night, she left me. That's...why I went to the city to drink. I just needed to escape from the pain..." Finally he managed to look over at her. "I didn't mean to use you, you just showed up and you...made me feel good again. I hadn't felt good since she left. If...you can't handle that though, I understand..." Jade gaze turned away from her again. It was up to her now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread