psy©hoÞ$iloÇybin.
[html]

Had their subject been anything less severe, Anselm may have taken issue with her scathing prejudice, but for now he was forced to react to nothing but the implication of her message. His muzzle twitched slightly as his hands formed into fists at his side; there was a kind of wild fury to his gaze as he held her own briefly: "Who did it?" The words were terse and pointed--it was quite obvious he was learning of the matter for the first time, and furthermore, that he was not pleased by the news. Already he had a couple of likely suspects: Hybrid or Samael. It was always those two. Then again, Hybrid preferred those of the male variety last he knew, and so he'd more or lessed reached his conclusions already by the time she spoke next.

"Unfortunately I don't think I can do much now... but you officially have my permission to kick his ass if you ever see him again," he vented, frustration evident in his tone. He wasn't sure his permission counted for much these days, but he genuinely believed Gabriel recognised the sickness in his younger brother. Kaena might hate him for his words, but it wasn't as if he'd given the fiery woman permission to kill the sick bastard (not that he would have particularly cared if she did; he just didn't want to be held accountable for that one). If he had known the grizzled coyote's history better, he may have even theorised she would sympathise as a fellow victim. Firefly had every right to go after Samael and he knew it.

The tale she wove seemed one born in tragedy, and even he was forced to empathise. Perhaps it was guilt over her unfortunate treatment in Inferni that spurred on this emotion; perhaps he just wasn't as bad as she might have liked to think him. His somewhat domineering, defensive posture lowered then and his features softened; one hand rose to scratch at an itch behind the back of his head as he took a moment to collect his thoughts. "Small world, eh? My daughter had a thing for your brother." It was a little off-topic, but he wasn't sure hyper-focusing on her problems would really help either of them very much.

"She took off a couple months ago, though. I have several other kids scattered about, but I never really knew any of them until recently." With all of his progeny gone, he found he was gradually beginning to equilibrate into his old ways--once more he was the rowdy partier who enjoyed the company of the ladies; the bumbling, uneasy father was gone. Of course he would never be the same again completely; sometimes it was just easier to forget than to spend the night worrying where Ryan was and if she'd found Valkyrie or whatever it was she was looking for in the first place. Maybe he was just having his mid-life crisis early.

As usual, though, he found it fit to contribute just enough to carry the conversation along before shifting the focus away from himself. "Do they know where you are, though? That you wish to see them but can't?" His ears flicked softly and his tail twitched behind him as he glanced to the side; when his ruby eyes found her face again they were filled with simple resolve. "Do you want me to try to pass along a message?" It was no trivial offer--surely she knew that he was just as unwelcome in the lands of Dahlia as she was. Still, he had his connections and he figured it was the least he could do. He couldn't promise enough time and resources to guarantee results, but he didn't want to have another guilt, another burden riding upon his shoulders either. This was his own mental "get out of jail for free" card.

slight powerplay, let me know if it should be changed!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread