psy©hoÞ$iloÇybin.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... shroom.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:255px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:arial; font-size:12px; color:#F1DC96; line-height:16px">
Firefly! set in Halifax

@&#&$Well then. His little adventure in Aniwaya had not gone over particularly well... actually, it hadn't gone over well at all. Still, he was convinced he hadn't done anything particularly offensive, so he doubted they'd hear wind of it so long as there were no issues with the clan in the coming weeks. Even so, he couldn't help but feel somewhat dejected; consequentially, he wasn't entirely ready to go home just yet. He'd only been gone about three or four days, anyway--it was highly unlikely that Inferni would crumble in his absence. They hadn't when he'd vanished for nearly a year, after all, and now Kaena had stepped up as their second in command.

@&#&$In his heart, he'd always known it should be that way. She'd been respectful of her son's position--his doggish cousin had stepped up to the plate in her absence and basically hit a home run. He'd kept the unlikely bunch of coyotes and hybrids working as a unit, even after the fires that ravaged the lands to the north spelled the end for all other groups. Gabriel was undoubtedly their leader, but in a very real way, Kaena was too. She had founded the clan, after all, and she had loads of experience to boot. Even before her promotion, anyone would have been a fool to question her--himself included. It wasn't as though he felt any less of a sense of duty to the clan, of course, he just felt less guilty about taking a few personal vacations here and there that lasted longer than twenty-four hours.

@&#&$Then again, extended leave meant he had too much time to think about things and become distracted by his own mind. There was no reason he couldn't continue some of his routines away from home, though, and he decided it might be a good time to exercise. Anselm found himself effortlessly hopping a low fence to an old park, which had since become rather overgrown with tall grasses and invasive vines. There were still a few nice maple trees, however, and one had a branch that looked perfect for doing pull-ups. After a quick stretch, the tattooed wolf began to count off, absently raising his chin over the branch a dozen, two dozen, three dozen times before deciding to change it up. He hooked his legs over the limb and began to do sit-ups instead--fighting gravity this way was even more effective than doing it on the ground.
[/html]
[html]

Firefly had grown bored with fighting with the wild mare, butting heads with the horse was like running in a circle, never really getting anywhere. Today she'd left the animal behind to roll in the pasture and graze while she went looking for another form of entertainment. It didn't take her that long before she'd wandered into a store that seemed to sell all sorts of strange things, bats, clubs, balls in all shapes and sizes and even guns. She'd taken the time to look over the guns but really having no need for more she passed them by. Too long it seemed she stared at the decoy ducks and deer, wondering just what in the hell they were needed for and why in the world the humans wanted fake animals. She finally gave up on pondering on the foolish creatures and discovered something far more entertaining. Golf clubs.

The wolf had dragged the set of clubs out into the parking lot and had practiced swinging at everything from rocks, sticks, small mammals and eventually she found how grand they were at sending small objects into the sky. She had even returned to the store to find some sort of bag to carry them in as well as steal a whole collection of little white dimpled balls that were labeled golf balls, whatever golf was. She dumped a few of the clubs into the duffel bag and tested the weight, deciding that if she really wanted the rest she could always come back for them Firefly set off with a bag full of golf supplies, swinging a loose club at every little object that she strayed upon.

Too soon she found herself moving from the thick of the human world and into one of their little parks. She ambled down the little curving paths that the humans had once placed there, though now the weeds and small saplings were taking over. Her ears twitched and flicked at the smallest sounds and she caught the sounds of something that didn't sound wholly natural in the small grove of maples. She gazed through the undergrowth, the first signs of fall hinting at the leaves of the trees overhead as she caught the sounds again. Dropping the bag of supplies she slipped between the trees as she finally caught sight of what had been teasing her senses.

She stood there staring at the hybrid creature for a while before it finally sank in who it was she was staring at. The scent of the clan was still on the beast though not as fresh as one who stays within the boundaries at all times. She couldn't help it as her fangs bared at the beast before her, all too well remembering the bastard that had thought it fine to leave a child in charge of her well-being while she was kept as a captive in the war. Her mind was caught in the past, not even focusing on the creature before her as the low growl rumbled in her throat, her fingers tightening on the club in her hands as her temper once more got the best of her.

A snarl broke from her lips as she quickly charged at the male, not even really caring what the hell he had been doing, just wanting some sort of revenge on the careless male who had seemed to care about the prisoner and yet not enough. Her emerald eyes flashed as she took a swing at the male with the club, "You bastard!" her voice bitter as she screamed.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... camera.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:125px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#582402; text-align:justify; font-family:times; font-size:14px; color:#D4A27A; line-height:16px">
Powerplay, let me know if you want it changed o:

#$%&*For a time the only sounds to be heard were the rustle of leaves as the bough shifted under his weight, the sound of his own breath, quick yet light, and the occasional tweet of a songbird nearby. But then there came a low rumble and the hybrid stopped mid-crunch immediately. His black velvet nose wriggled intensely and one ear twitched--there was something remarkably familiar about her scent, but as it was no longer affiliated with Dahlia he had trouble matching it with a face. He reached up with his hands and grasped the branch firmly, swinging his legs off and whirling about quickly, just in time to see her coming at him full speed.

#$%&*He caught the metallic glint immediately and nearly panicked before registering the bluntness of the object--he wasn't being chased with a sword again. His ruby gaze locked with her emeralds and recognition sank in. He held her gaze even as her arm lifted, and he whirled quickly around the trunk of the tree just as the club came crashing down to pummel the earth where he'd stood. Before she could lift it fully to take another swing, he reached out with his left hand to secure the shaft before gripping the bulbous end in his right. It served as a handle of sorts and he gave it a good firm yank, figuring the cylindrical end would slip out of her hands easily--either that or she'd go toppling towards him, but at least she wouldn't be able to swing at him any more. If that were the case he could just back up further.

#$%&*"Chill out," he commanded in a hiss, rising to his full height and glowering down at her. He couldn't exactly blame her for being angry, of course, and he made no move to attack in retaliation... yet. Thus far there was no harm, no foul--but he sincerely hoped that she understood that if she moved to attack with teeth or claws, he'd be forced to defend himself.
[/html]
[html]

Firefly really didn't know what in the hell she was thinking, she'd just seen the bastard and had reacted. It wasn't long before the male realized what was going on and just as she'd risen the club to take a swing he'd moved out of reach and with a frustrating growl she was stuck trying to pull the club out of the ground as her eyes flashed. Just as she'd managed to wretch the weapon from the earth the bastard had appeared again and quick as lightning he'd grabbed the bulb and shaft of the club. She snarled as he tried to pull the club from her hands, she tightened her grip on the instrument at the same moment, her arms being yanked forward and the rest of her body following.

Thrown off balance the female grabbed onto the only thing to keep herself from falling to her knees. Her fists curled tightly around the male's chest fur as she snarled, her eyes raised to meet his as he tried to command her. Her ears pinned back as she spat. "Chill out? You wouldn't even dare.." she snarled as she let go of a fistful of fur and struck out at the male, her open palm aimed at slapping him across the face for even insisting that she calm down. She had ever right to be pissed at him and she would be.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... mebomb.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:260px; background-position:top center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px; color:#CA2334; line-height:16px">
        His eyes widened as she toppled into him, and he tensed on instinct as she collided with his body, pronounced muscles rippling beneath smooth fur. One foot moved back behind him for balance, though he quickly returned it to its original position as she grasped wildly at the fur on his chest. His hands moved to her sides at once as he steadied her and tried to get her on her own two feet--it was hardly a chivalrous gesture, done more so for relieving the pressure on his own fur. Before anything else could happen she'd released her grip with one hand, and he caught her eye as she lifted it to strike him. One hand fell off her side and he lifted his arm as if to block her blow, but strangely, after a split second, reconsidered and let it drop back to his side. She was not poised to gouge his eyes out or slash open his cheek and he understood this--soon a sharp stinging sensation was felt over the breadth of his face, and he scowled down at her as he took a step back, subtly placing his foot on the fallen club so she couldn't just pick it up again.

"Feel better yet?" he grumbled, though his voice was lower and neither arrogant nor threatening. One clawed hand rose as he rubbed his cheek gently, which seemed to somehow dissipate the tingling sensation left by her smack. He eyed her warily, not entirely sure when this pointless display would end or if it should at all. In his mind, he'd provided her with warmth, shelter, food, drink, and even entertainment--he knew nothing of the rape that by all means shouldn't have been physically possible, given that she was kept in a boarded up shed with the only real windows above chest height. As far as he was concerned, the entire reason for her abduction fell on Haku, anyway--if he hadn't detained Talitha, they would have had no need for a hostage. Only now did he register her pack scent--that she no longer affiliated herself with Dahlia de Mai was intriguing. "At least you've dumped that old shit-brown leader of yours that brought you into that war," he emphasised, hoping she'd eventually come to realise he hadn't done anything outright objectionable, all things considered.
[/html]
[html]

Firefly almost wanted to snap at the male as he seemed to try and assist her as she was trying to remove herself from his form. Some small warped part of her mind had noticed his sleek trim form as she glared at him in that split second before she let loose to slap him. She knew how pathetic it was to resort to smacking the bastard but she didn't think she'd be able to get away with much more without receiving injury. The Sadira woman was quite surprised that he didn't trully try and fight back when he obviously knew what had been coming. She growled softly as her hard forest orbs narrowed.

She clinched her fists as he seemed to think it appropriate to ask if she was feeling better yet, the remark just made her blood boil more as she remarked. "I haven't even begun to feel better yet." She stared at him with fury in her eyes as he seemed to be trying to recover from the small abuse she'd already lain upon him. She knew that he hadn't exactly been the reason for the abuse she'd received but she still found him to blame. If he hadn't appointed some stupid little chit to watch the shed who'd found it boring and had abandoned her post Firefly never would have found herself in the arms of the twisted individual that had found the idea of a prisoner of war just another toy for his enjoyment. "You don't even have any idea.." She asked. The male had never been unkind to her, even had tried to engage her in conversation when he could. She was beginning to get a feeling that he had no clue of what had befallen her in the last days of the war, or perhaps he just never really cared.

Her fangs were bare when he spoke of her old pack and mate. She growled as she snapped, "It came with a price too high to pay. They took my children from me.." She snarled as she eyed him. "Not that you'd give a damn anyways.." While seconds ago she'd wanted to tear his throat out the sudden reminder of her old pack had begun to temper her anger, adverting it from him onto the ones she'd once believed to be family. Now she remembered once more why she'd never really cared for family ties.

[/html]
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... /crash.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:225px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#8E9B94; line-height:16px">
-drowns in a sea of fail.-
@&#&$His brows furrowed as he regarded the raging woman passively--this whole situation was kind of unreal, and he found himself readily detaching from it. Now it almost seemed as if he were watching both of them from overhead, and her first statement reached his ears faded and distant, as though he were holding his head under water. Only when she spoke again did he anchor himself on the ground long enough to respond: "I guess not," he admitted, voice soft and slightly troubled. What was she talking about? While being cooped up in a shed for a few weeks wasn't anybody's idea of a fun time, he couldn't imagine anything that might've happened to cause permanent damage. She'd been fed, watered, and sheltered--he'd even gone out of his way to help her stave off boredom. What problem could she possibly have had?
@&#&$Her next statement was equally unexpected, and he frowned, head cocked to one side. "What the hell? Why? Did you get them back?" Contrary to popular belief, Anselm did have a few morals he held strong to--the right of a woman to see her children, while he'd never considered it before, was apparently one of them. From the way she spoke he couldn't quite tell if this was a thing of the past or a recent development--either way, he was all too eager to gobble down any gossip that would help him to demonise Haku all the more. That man alone was a far greater stain on society than all of Inferni as far as he was concerned. Those in Inferni ultimately focused on survival, while the blue-eyed monster was fixated on death and destruction.
@&#&$Apparently he held no qualms extending his psychotic abuse to (former) packmates, either. Anselm snorted softly and subconsciously rolled his eyes--why anybody would pledge loyalty to a violent, loose-cannon Beta was entirely beyond him. Haku should have been a vile loner sentenced to death by an angry mob, not a cherished, protected leader immune to retribution. Having him as a leader made about as much sense as Hybrid or Samael leading, and the heavens knew he'd fly away from Inferni and never look back the day that happened.
[/html]
Firefly in her own way had grown apart from the abuse she'd suffered in Inferni but the restless nights still lingered and the twisted darkness that pulled at her mind was far worse than the beast that she herself was. She had killed with no reason or purpose but to satisfy a monster and yet having her world ripped apart, the protection and sanction she knew taken from her had done far worse than the nature of the beast could ever. Her emerald eyes narrowed as she hissed, "Does Inferni still keep rapists within the clan.. or do coyotes believe it to just be justice when a wolf is defiled by the likes of your kind." Her words were bitter and hatefilled as she turned her gaze away, too sore was it to think on the past and already she wished she'd left it there.

Yet on she had went, telling him about the loss of her rank and puppies to the pack she'd once devoted her love and loyalty too. She hadn't expected any humane reaction from the male but when he spoke she couldn't help but turn back to him, the anger a smoldering fire behind her eyes as she pushed on. "Because my mate slept around and I punished him and the pack for allowing it, for allowing his bastard child and bedwarmer into the pack and allowing me to be made a fool." She lowered her gaze as she continued. "It was immature in it's own ways but no one seemed to care about my own pain and suffering so I let them feel it. I took the puppies to another pack and asked a member to watch them. He was suppose to take them to my brother DaVinci who was one of the pack leaders but he never did and I assumed when I'd visited that my sibling knew.. but I was wrong." She sighed and was quiet a moment before she answered the last bit of his question. "No, I never got them back.. not after one of my packmates found them and revealed everything to Haku and Cercelee. Now she raises my children and holds my rank in the pack. They keep my boys within the packlands and if I step foot in their lands my penalty is death if caught." Her voice was bitter as she gazed off into the park beyond them, not even knowing why she was spilling her story to this man she's once tried to kill.

Firefly's ears flicked back as she quietly pondered the stupid mistakes she'd made over time. She didn't even think much of the past or of the things she'd sacrificed and lost but today they all seemed to tumble forth. Her voice was soft as she asked. "Do you have children Anselm.." It had taken a while for her to come up with the male of the man that had captured her in the war but when it was needed it finally arrived.
[html]

Had their subject been anything less severe, Anselm may have taken issue with her scathing prejudice, but for now he was forced to react to nothing but the implication of her message. His muzzle twitched slightly as his hands formed into fists at his side; there was a kind of wild fury to his gaze as he held her own briefly: "Who did it?" The words were terse and pointed--it was quite obvious he was learning of the matter for the first time, and furthermore, that he was not pleased by the news. Already he had a couple of likely suspects: Hybrid or Samael. It was always those two. Then again, Hybrid preferred those of the male variety last he knew, and so he'd more or lessed reached his conclusions already by the time she spoke next.

"Unfortunately I don't think I can do much now... but you officially have my permission to kick his ass if you ever see him again," he vented, frustration evident in his tone. He wasn't sure his permission counted for much these days, but he genuinely believed Gabriel recognised the sickness in his younger brother. Kaena might hate him for his words, but it wasn't as if he'd given the fiery woman permission to kill the sick bastard (not that he would have particularly cared if she did; he just didn't want to be held accountable for that one). If he had known the grizzled coyote's history better, he may have even theorised she would sympathise as a fellow victim. Firefly had every right to go after Samael and he knew it.

The tale she wove seemed one born in tragedy, and even he was forced to empathise. Perhaps it was guilt over her unfortunate treatment in Inferni that spurred on this emotion; perhaps he just wasn't as bad as she might have liked to think him. His somewhat domineering, defensive posture lowered then and his features softened; one hand rose to scratch at an itch behind the back of his head as he took a moment to collect his thoughts. "Small world, eh? My daughter had a thing for your brother." It was a little off-topic, but he wasn't sure hyper-focusing on her problems would really help either of them very much.

"She took off a couple months ago, though. I have several other kids scattered about, but I never really knew any of them until recently." With all of his progeny gone, he found he was gradually beginning to equilibrate into his old ways--once more he was the rowdy partier who enjoyed the company of the ladies; the bumbling, uneasy father was gone. Of course he would never be the same again completely; sometimes it was just easier to forget than to spend the night worrying where Ryan was and if she'd found Valkyrie or whatever it was she was looking for in the first place. Maybe he was just having his mid-life crisis early.

As usual, though, he found it fit to contribute just enough to carry the conversation along before shifting the focus away from himself. "Do they know where you are, though? That you wish to see them but can't?" His ears flicked softly and his tail twitched behind him as he glanced to the side; when his ruby eyes found her face again they were filled with simple resolve. "Do you want me to try to pass along a message?" It was no trivial offer--surely she knew that he was just as unwelcome in the lands of Dahlia as she was. Still, he had his connections and he figured it was the least he could do. He couldn't promise enough time and resources to guarantee results, but he didn't want to have another guilt, another burden riding upon his shoulders either. This was his own mental "get out of jail for free" card.

slight powerplay, let me know if it should be changed!
[/html]