an epidemic of the mannequins [j]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! I went home this weekend, and had no computer time, while I thought I'd have a little bit. :< 500+ words.

######Nodding, Lolita considered what she knew of plants. There wasn't too much that she knew, in truth, but she knew a fair amount, and she suspected she could learn more. She had all of eternity to learn about the plants and how they could be used and misused, and perhaps someday she could know others to spread her knowledge to. "I know what plants are good for you and what plants are dangerous, and I know what plants can make you feel better," she offered. Though the explanation was fairly vague, it was more than truthful. She didn't know exactly the names of plants, but by appearance and smell, and living on her own in death had given her time to explore the idea of using plants for her own purposes. The plant she smoked, for example, made her feel alive. Grass could easily make one vomit profusely, if consumed in large quantities, but that wasn't allows a bad thing. Sometimes, you ingested something that didn't agree with your stomach and you actually needed to rid your system of it quickly. In such a case, eating grass was helpful.

######"Naw, I'm not lost, I'm just dead," she dismissed, her tone nonchalant. Lolita had accepted her death long ago, and that was all that was important. It truly didn't matter if no one believed that she was dead, since she knew it to be a fact. "He caught me with a lover, and because he always hated me, he blamed me for what we were doing, and attacked me. I've got the scars, mostly on the inside of my leg, but a small one on the back of my head, too, underneath my hair." She cleverly left out mention of who her lover was, though she desperately missed her sister. Admitting such a thing would surely not please the Dahlian woman, and it was almost like her own dirty secret that she kept to herself for her own use. No one needed to know that she was in love with her sister, but that she was separated by a barrier of life and death. The lovers she had taken since being killed could not compare to Pippa, male or female, but she kept searching in hopes of easing over the loss of her sister.

######In the time they had spent talking, Lolita knew that some progress had been made. If all went well, she would be accepted into this pack and she would be able to rest for a bit of time. She was always tired, always aching. It was probably just another component of death, so she couldn't say it wasn't expected. A realization dawned on her then, vividly dark green eyes widening a bit with the surprise of how little manners she had. "I'm sorry! I forgot to say it before, but I'm Lolita Monroe. I guess being dead makes you forget important stuff like that," she joked, her adolescent nature coinciding with her want for a home. The Dahlian woman had no real reason to accept her, but the young girl, only seventeen months old (less than a year, in her own mind), could not fight the hopes that had risen.

Table by Samael Lykoi!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread