waiting on the world to change
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

Matrix had to admit that she knew few with a skill set similar to her own. Her father had been an expert craftsman, and he had seemingly conquered every material native to the earth: clay, stone, wood, metal, sand (glass). She still lacked the years of experience that he had, although she had all of the training. She might not be an expert, but she was certainly knowledgeable and advanced. Only on rare occasions was she granted the opportunity to meet another gifted like Apache was. The interest in her gaze was apparent, and she studied him with new-found interest. "Really? I am trained in metal-working, glass-blowing, and general construction, myself." If it weren't for the tools she had in tow, she'd be surprised if this news didn't take him by surprise.
His explanation for wanting to join Inferni caused her brows to furrow. Were coyotes and dogs really so badly received? Her parents had both been hybrids, but her mother was mostly a wolf, just as she was mostly coyote. The other canines involved in the war and her time were varied in species--so much so that she believed that to be the standard. Many were hybrids, although there were plenty of pure-bred wolves and coyotes involved, too. Regardless, she offered a nod--it was something she had seen before, but not something she necessarily wanted to agree with.
Just then, the winds shifted and she became acutely aware of Gabriel's scent. She turned her head and saw him in the distance, at which point he waved. As he arrived, she took careful note of the cigarette held between his fingers--as she dipped her head respectfully and stepped aside, her gaze remained focused on the trail of smoke that twisted and danced through the air. Pure tobacco was not a favourite of hers, but she had to wonder what else he had access to. She had already found marijuana, and was beginning to grow her own. Maybe she would bring that up with Gabriel later. For now, there was business to attend to.
"This is Fitz. Interestingly, he has some of the same skills as me--a builder, a fixer. He has been respectful, too, as I'm sure you can see," she offered, her report concise and objective, although with a clearly positive slant.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread