[html]

those who watch their backs get attacked from the front

NAME , fitz
BIRTHDATE , december fourteenth, two thousand and six
LUPERCI? yes
EMAIL , pm for it
SECONDARY FORM OF CONTACT , same as above
HOW I FOUND YOU , affiliate-surfing

Brisk was the pace that the recently turned yearling walked. He strode in his favored form of two legs, though his body was devoid of clothing. The chill of the wintry air felt nice against his thickly-coated body, insured by his lineage that held german shepherd, coyote, and perhaps even bits of wolf if he were to investigate further back. His worn body showed signs of physical issues, such as the torn ears and scarred stomach. His brown body was littered with red streaks, something he’d had dyed.

Fitz, despite his rather artsy demeanor was not a particularly artistic man. He did like to stand out, but when it came to paintings and sculpture, he was not a fan. A young adult of little patience, the hybrid was content with his rough and tough appearance and had little desire to dement it any further.

His history was in fact uneventful. His scars held no particularly honorable histories, most of them resulting from provoked attacks, Fitz being a generally sarcastic and arrogant creature. His talents fell within the world of construction. With a love for buildings and structures of any kind, he was handy with woodwork and carpentry and could quite likely build a nice looking home if asked. His mind worked in funny ways, and he was an intelligent person beneath his immature-seeming exterior.

And so, as he reached the coast where the fabled pack of Inferni lingered, Fitz stopped sharply at the border, piercing blue eyes investigating the area, awaiting the arrival of anyone who could tell him just what it would take to be a member of these lands.

[/html]
[html]

Oh man, I hope these two hit it off. Big Grin. They could share trade secrets!!! >>;; And build stuff together.

IC/OOC text separator

While stealth and fleet-footedness were two of her greatest qualities in battle and on the hunt, it was safe to assume that the young hybrid could care less about being noticed just then. Her wheel barrow was filled with a delightful assortment of new tools, which clanked and clanged profusely as the wheel barrow jostled over each and every imperfection of the earth's surface. Amongst the bundle was a set of wrenches, an axe in much better condition than her previous one, and a vice. She had meant to take these things directly to her greenhouse, but the fresh scent of a stranger near Inferni's territory had beckoned her closer to the shore.
Before very long she found him, and at once she was struck by their similarities. Of course, she didn't even know they shared a similar trade. For now, outside appearances were everything. He seemed to be about her age, and by the looks of it, he had muddled blood--much like her own (or Gabriel's). In fact, he looked an awful lot like Gabriel, and her first assumption was that they were related. According to Empusa, many of the folks around these parts were, so it was not entirely illogical.
Straightening somewhat, she pressed her ears forward and directly approached the male. It didn't appear that anybody else had arrived yet--while she hadn't gotten too involved in Inferni's affairs, she could easily assume he was looking for either acceptance, or a fight. Either way, she could deal with it or pass it on to Gabriel. Naturally, he seemed oriented toward the former goal--or else he would not have stopped so carefully on the fringes of Inferni's borders. "Yes?" she inquired. Her tone was not impatient or annoyed, although it was suggestive: state your business, stranger.
[/html]
[html]

this should be an interesting match up!

Fitz hadn't expected to be attended to so quickly, but alas, he was. A pretty lady joined him, with an almost alluring sense about her that he couldn't quite place a finger on. She seemed to not be a very overly-dominant woman, and so he assumed she was not of any extremely high position in the pack, but still, someone to be respected. At her approach, he dipped his scarred head in greeting, always a charmer for the ladies.

She was clearly a bit less muddled in her bloodlines than he, for she had a more pure appearance, with stunning green eyes. The simple word she uttered held far more meaning than what it might suggest. It wasn't a polite gesture nor was it impolite. It was merely a peaceful demand. "I've heard of a coyote pack by the name of Inferni. If this is that pack, then I wish to join." Simple. To the point. No need for any more or any less.

Even though he'd been greeted, he dared not step over the border, unsure of the customs of this group of canine misfits. His piercing blue eyes fell over the female once again, lingering on the jewlery she wore upon her neck, wondering if she might have fastened it herself. But that was a question for another time.

[/html]
[html]

After your next post, I guess, feel free to put "leader needed" or something. =o

IC/OOC text separator

She studied him coolly, knowing full well that she was the one in control of this situation. Somehow, that was all she needed to be satisfied. It was somewhat strange for the girl, as she had never really claimed residency before coming to Inferni. Her homes prior were too inconstant, and hardly worth defending. No--back then, lives were the hot fuss. Land was trivial. As such, she offered a nod of acknowledgement and encouragement; a sort of "good job, this ought to go quick." Furthermore, the slightly flirtatious behaviour was noticed and appreciated. They were both young and kind of "at that point," after all. A fleeting smile crossed her face before she returned back to business.
"Yeah, this is Inferni," she confirmed. "Our leader here is Gabriel. I'll call for him now," she said. This way, maybe by the time the clan's leader had arrived they would already have some things established. Last that she knew, Inferni was very interested in joiners, so there was really no reason for any able-bodied fellow to be turned away. Tossing her head back, she offered a quick coyote-like yowl, addressed to the one and only leader of Inferni.
"Meanwhile, tell me about yourself. What sorts of things can you offer Inferni, other than the obvious? What do you go by? I'm Matrix." She noticed him studying the chain about her neck, and she had to resist the urge to touch it. The old dog collar was not something she had made for herself, and it was something she rarely discussed. One more question drifted around in the back of her mind, and she found herself asking it aloud: "Why this clan?" It was a question she couldn't quite answer herself, so she was curious about others' responses to it. Besides, maybe she would finally determine whether or not he was related to anybody here: family was a reason cited in the past.
[/html]
[html]

okay (:

Fitz could be cocky, arrogant, and self-centered. However, if there was one thing that could be said about the young adult, it was that he knew his place. Fitz was not a stupid male and he knew when he was below another. Granted, he didn't much like that feeling, he still knew when the time called for respect. He figured he'd done a fair job of showing respect to the lady and she seemed to think so too, for he caught the smile that she flashed briefly.

With her confirmation and promise to call the leader named Gabriel, Fitz could only nod. Good. He was in the right place, she found him acceptable enough to call the leader, all was well. Though he did wonder if perhaps this pack was too trusting. She knew absolutely nothing about him. For all she knew, he could be planning to wreak havoc upon these lands. Of course, such intentions were not in the male's mind and so when she finally did ask for more about him, he was happy to provide honest answers.

"I am a skilled with labor. I consider myself to be good with my hands and I like to think that I could build almost anything if given time. I can fix things easily. I'm also educated well enough. At least, to the point where I can read and write," he stopped now, hesitating on whether or not to go on, wracking his brains to try and find another positive things about himself, but decided he'd gone far enough. "And my name is Fitz," he added as an afterthought.

At her question, he stopped to think, blue eyes concentrating on the ground as his mind went to work. And finally, he settled on what he figured to be as close to the truth as it could get. "I'm no wolf," he said, holding out his arms in a gesture for her to see his body. "I've never felt fully comfortable around them, I feel as though too many differences exist. I suppose that when I heard of a group of other non-wolves, I was intrigued. I'm social by nature and I suppose there are few other options than to try it out here," he shrugged, wondering why he was even sharing such thoughts with a complete stranger.

[/html]
[html]

indent Matrix’s call alerted the young Aquila that another face was at his doorstep. Gabriel opened one eye with a grunt, and pushed himself up from the warm bed he had been sleeping on. Faolin was gone, as she often was, growing restless with those children in her. It did not cause him such paranoia as he thought it would—he trusted her to take care of herself. Heading out of the house, he paused for a moment on the front porch, striking up a cigarette. He refused to smoke around Faolin, in her current state.
indent Heading towards the source of the call, he was soon greeted by Matrix and a stranger who looked as doggish as he did. Though frowning slightly, it was not a look of dislike or distrust, simply interest. That made three of them, himself and Matrix included, who resembled their domesticated (and fading) brethren. With the cigarette still in hand, Gabriel said nothing, expression saying it all for him.

[/html]
[html]

--

IC/OOC text separator

Matrix had to admit that she knew few with a skill set similar to her own. Her father had been an expert craftsman, and he had seemingly conquered every material native to the earth: clay, stone, wood, metal, sand (glass). She still lacked the years of experience that he had, although she had all of the training. She might not be an expert, but she was certainly knowledgeable and advanced. Only on rare occasions was she granted the opportunity to meet another gifted like Apache was. The interest in her gaze was apparent, and she studied him with new-found interest. "Really? I am trained in metal-working, glass-blowing, and general construction, myself." If it weren't for the tools she had in tow, she'd be surprised if this news didn't take him by surprise.
His explanation for wanting to join Inferni caused her brows to furrow. Were coyotes and dogs really so badly received? Her parents had both been hybrids, but her mother was mostly a wolf, just as she was mostly coyote. The other canines involved in the war and her time were varied in species--so much so that she believed that to be the standard. Many were hybrids, although there were plenty of pure-bred wolves and coyotes involved, too. Regardless, she offered a nod--it was something she had seen before, but not something she necessarily wanted to agree with.
Just then, the winds shifted and she became acutely aware of Gabriel's scent. She turned her head and saw him in the distance, at which point he waved. As he arrived, she took careful note of the cigarette held between his fingers--as she dipped her head respectfully and stepped aside, her gaze remained focused on the trail of smoke that twisted and danced through the air. Pure tobacco was not a favourite of hers, but she had to wonder what else he had access to. She had already found marijuana, and was beginning to grow her own. Maybe she would bring that up with Gabriel later. For now, there was business to attend to.
"This is Fitz. Interestingly, he has some of the same skills as me--a builder, a fixer. He has been respectful, too, as I'm sure you can see," she offered, her report concise and objective, although with a clearly positive slant.
[/html]