Following The White Rabbit.
I rambled endlessly here.

[html]

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj32 ... he/st2.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; padding-bottom: 160px; text-align: justify;">

Oh, those were the questions that made him feel the coldest. As the wolf queried over the coyote’s strange personal doctrines, the dark fur along the younger’s spine began to prickle uncomfortably. He hated being in the spotlight, especially on something he knew that separated him from the rest of the canine inhabitants of this world. Family. Love. All of those warm things that acted like candles within individuals—illuminating and comforting. The cold, mechanical heart and soul of Snake had never really experienced those things in full. Sure, he had felt the love of a family before (though it seemed it was more impressed upon him rather than him actually experiencing it), but he hadn’t really comprehended it. It confused him. To this coyote, to live was nothing more than to survive. If you made it long enough to have kids, well, congrats! Help them survive a bit, but get rid of them when they could take care of themselves. Otherwise it just made it harder for you to press on.

Snake was not a philosopher, but these were the sprouts of the words that Patriot had strewn in his mind. They had taken root in the youth, blotting out any light that might have reached his distant heart. And now they shaded him completely from what so many thought to be truth.

Daisuke had been so honest with him, so Snake found himself compelled to be truthful with the golden wolf. He knew that the truth of his thoughts would probably distance them—who wouldn’t be wary of someone who didn’t love?—but he had accepted that long since past. “I don’t believe I’m like most other people,” he said, his voice so low that you almost had to focus on picking up the words. “When I lived with my family, I was thankful to them for caring for me, but—I did not…” He broke off. His eyes narrowed underneath his bandanna, and a pain in his heart made him feel as though he was wrong in saying what he was saying. Was it true, or was he just convincing himself that he was an emotionless creature? “I couldn’t bring myself to care for them, to that extent, in return.”

Ah, and there it was—shoved out like a second-grader into the spotlight of a school play, with all of his lines forgotten. And yet it was just in time to roll around to the next subject: war and peace and words and tooth and claw. Another area where Snake was muddled in. Patriot utilized every method to achieve power and strength—violence, fear, anger, bribes—while Laurel had smooth-talked his way out of so many issues that Snake had lost count. He had a mixed view, and he believed it was up to the individual. Some would rather fight out their differences, but others appalled that and would much rather talk it out. He was one in the middle. He believed words were the answer when the other was open to diplomacy, but sometimes the other would not listen, and blood would probably have to be spilled.

“It’s not to say that everyone would rather fight. Many don’t, and will use diplomacy. But not everyone is eloquent enough to talk around things,” Snake said, frowning slightly. He had come in contact with both of those dominations of people before, and he had the scars to prove it in some cases.

And, as for the skulls, “It’s not that they like the skulls particularly. Just that they are a symbol, and taking them down is breaking that. Some would argue that vandalizing these warnings is as bad as trespassing.” He wasn’t sure if he agreed, but whatever. The kid gave a half-hearted shrug at the wolf’s apology for trespassing, though he was very thankful that the wolf seemed as though he wasn’t going to do it again. He had done some good here today, even though he felt as though he shouldn’t have. The strange suffix that Daisuke attached to his name made one of his golden ears twitch slightly with curiosity, but he didn’t ask. Daisuke was interesting enough, and he was sure that it was something that had to do with his homeland. When the wolf began talking about going and finding skulls to have, Snake paused for a moment and then aquiesed, “Sure.” While he felt that being around Daisuke for an extended amount of time would exhaust him, he wouldn’t forsake the chance—the thought of becoming friends with a wolf was crazy to him, but almost appealing in that fashion. Plus, he was sure that Inferni would appreciate it if he could find a skull to put up on a stake himself.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread