Bad Habit
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+ words.

####It was becoming apparent in his mind that this wolf was either significantly younger than him, or he was not as developed socially as he could be. Vigilante was not the perfect example of a man, but he certainly had manners, ethics, and respect. Thus far, this wolf had, for all intents and purposes, called him a liar, and then insulted him, and then tried to pass the blame unto him, in a way. "You brought it up," he corrected in his usual even tone. It seemed bizarre to him that the dark wolf could possibly forget that he had been the one to say something along the lines of being incapable of making friends, and he had not been referring to himself when he had said that. Though the dark wolf had admitted to not being very good at making friends, now, Vigilante would be hard pressed to find a way to disagree with him. It certainly seemed like the wolf was not particularly adept at making friends, at any rate.

####Making friends was also not on his agenda for the day. Rather, it was never on his agenda. Friends were often a liability, in some instances. Similarly, he kne that he was not someone others found easy to relate to, and he was generally on a different mental level than most others. It simply could not be helped; he had been trained to be different from everyone else, and now, he was. No matter how he tried to have a "normal" life, such training could not be reversed. Truthfully, it did not bother him much that he only had one actual friend in the area, although he was unsure of the status of their relationship. It was difficult to consider the directions it may be going in, simply because he did not have the experience to back up such an idea. Regardless, friends were not something he went out of his way to make, though he was not going to tell this wolf that. It seemed that the wolf would not be able to handle a statement such as "I do not make friends," in his opinion.

####If it was intimidation that the dark wolf was hoping for by being so bold as to look at him so directly, Vigilante supposed he would be severely disappointed, for it took a lot more than someone looking at him completely to affect him in any real way. His expression remained stoic, void of any emotion other than his usual composed and neutral expression. Though he was a bit annoyed by the impudent nature of the wolf before him, this was not something that he made known, as per his usual way of being. "No, I am not from around here. I travelled for quite some time from an area near Alaska in northern Canada." It was all he would be willing to say on the subject, even if the wolf chose to pry. "Am I to assume you are not from this area, as well?" It seemed like a safe assumption, considering the wolf's apparent nature and the fact that he had met many here that would not tolerate such an attitude.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread