Bad Habit
[html]

ooc: Quartz Shoreline

Yet again Seven found himself wandering the sandy beaches of Quartz Shoreline. It was a bad habit of his. The moment that he saw anything in the horizon the wolf jumped up in the air, only to discover that he saw a piece of litter or a low-flying bird. He looked at his reflection in the water and tried to make himself stop. To make himself turn around and go home. But he couldn't. The guilt was tearing him up inside. His Master was an arrogant, self-centered idiot, who used to treat him like trash. But he didn't deserve death. And Seven couldn't sleep at night. He imagined his Master - drowning in the ocean, trying to gasp for air, but only swallowing more water. The dark wolf closed his eyes. Happy place, I'm in my happy place. But there was no happy place for him.

He let out a sigh of relief. Atleast that vision was gone from his head now. A short moment of peace surrounded the slave. Seven let his head rest on his feet and slowly closed his heavy eyelids. He hadn't had a good night's sleep since he got here. Five minutes later, the dark male was comfortabily lying on the sandy beach, peacefully dreaming of some fantasy world in which he would be free from his guilt.
[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hope you don't mind me snagging this. =3 He needs active threads. 500+ words.

####Things in the pack were settling strangely, and Vigilante was feeling rather cramped in the situation. Ayita had given birth to two beautiful children, and he could not have been much happier for her, unless they had been fathered by the love of her life, her actual mate. Though he knew that she had something going with Leroy, it did not seem to be the perfect situation. The wolf woman deserved much better than what she seemed to have. Hopefully, everything would go over well for her and their budding family, because he could only do so much for her. Because she was his only close friend, he would be there for her always, but there did not seem to be much else that he could do for her. He hoped that he could soon find someone to settle down with and start a family; it was, after all, the very reason he had come so far away from his birth pack. He only wanted a normal life in a relatively normal pack.

####Along with the birth of Amaranth and Kable, something else drastic had happened that he could not quite wrap his mind around. Svara had been rude to him when he had first joined the pack, though he had not known her name then. Once more, she had been rude to him when helping Ayita with the birth, despite his manner towards her that had not been rude, only formal. The day after the birth of Ayita's litter, Svara had, apparently (though he had not gone to the scene of the happening, word had travelled fast), killed herself and left a note. Suicide was something for the weak, and for someone so ridiculously headstrong and crude, it seemed strange that she might have done something like that. He could not say that he would miss her, as the only occassions he had come across her had been unpleasant, but he did regret that the pack had lost one of its members to death, especially in such a way. While he had not been fond of the red woman, he knew that others were, and he felt terrible that they had to go through this, particularly their obviously pained King.

####The pack lands felt almost suffocating, considering the recent happenings. Paws moving swiftly, the dog mutt made his way along the shoreline, head down low with his nose in the damp sand. Every few moments, the tide came in, and his paws and nose would be splashed with salty water. It was strange, as he had not been close to the ocean before coming to this area, though not unpleasant. The air was chilled, which he enjoyed. Many were not able to appreciate winter, but he loved the season, partially due to his thick fur, inherited from generations of snow dogs. Lifting his nose to the air, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent of the salted ocean. A gull flew overhead, drawing a short, surprised bark from the shepherd-malamute mix. For the moment, the other canine in the area went unnoticed, quiet and still as the dark-colored male was.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: You have a cute doggy :3 I wish I had a cute doggy. I would play with it, and pet it, and lurv it [/nonsense]

Seven felt the stranger's presence - his scent, his soft footsteps, his not so calm breathing. The dark male's senses were at their peak right now, trying to locate unknown sights, sounds and smells. Well, atleast he was locating the later two. His eyes were concentrating on the horizon and seeing absolutely nothing. The sky was staring to blur together with the ocean and form one dark blue and gray mass of depression.

Although forty-nine percent of his mind wanted to ignore this canine - as he obviously wasn't paying attention to the dark male - the other fifty-one had had enough of this staring blankly at the ocean routine. It was depressing, to say the least.

Slowly, like a some spooky spectre, Seven turned his head towards the dog-like Luperci. He seemed to be worried, something Seven could relate to. Although his worries seemed to be temporary, not exactly something big in his life. Maybe just a few hectic days or an event that didn't affect him directly. The way the dog-ish wolf nearly ate the sand when he walked made the dark male a bit amused. A bit? A smile even appeared on his face. I suggest not eating the sand. It's really not that tasty.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... leboat.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Thanks! I miss him tons, silly college. :c 500+ words.

####Though he was completely capable of moving silently, undected by those not trained in the art of finding those hidden, he was so engrossed in the sounds and smells of the ocean that he had not been moving in his natural gait. It was strange to know that he could be heard, though he had been trying often to make noise when moving about the pack's territory. In his opinion, it seemed as though his pack might find it suspicious that he moved so quietly and with so much purpose. Rarely did he ever give up all of his nature to move in a way most did, able to be heard and noticed before they could be seen. Cour des Miracles and its King did not seem like they would persecute him for anything he had done in the past, but he tried so desperately to fit in and he did not want them to know of his past. He was not ready to share that story just yet, as much as it plagued him still to keep it a secret, especially from Ayita.

####The voice of the darker male surprised him a bit, though he hid this well, disappointed in himself for not noticing the stranger laying in the sand. This was not something he found normal, or at all acceptable; he was never surprised by another's presence. It was not something he was capable of feeling. His intense training had made him as aware as was possible of those around him, and he was severely unhappy with the way he had not noticed the darker one, though he hid this well, keeping his face in a simple expression. Lifting his head, he studied the wolf for a moment, contemplating the words he had spoken. The suggestion was absurd. He supposed it could have looked like he was eating the sand, but he had not been, and the idea was ludicrous. Evidently, not everyone thought in the same way he did, because he would not have considered initiating a conversation with an accusation (however mild) that he did not know was true as a fact.

####"I was not eating it," he countered, his tone a bit amused and annoyed at the same time, the emotions contradicting one another. "I was merely taking in the sights and smells, as well as the sounds. I have not been this close to the ocean before." Vigilante approached the darker wolf, closing in some of the distance between them, a yard or two remaining it seemed. Holding a conversation over such a distance as they had seemed to be prior to his moving. "Do you make it a habit to lay near oceans and speak to passersby?" he inquired, curiousity tinging his voice. It was a bizarre idea to him, but he was not as social as some of those that he had met in the area. Generally, he was social with those that came to him, because rarely did he seek others out of initiate long conversations.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: You just had to work the title into the dialog, didn't you?

The dog-like male obviously wasn't aware of seven's presence, but didn't get startled at all. It must've been either his naturally calm mentality or his experience. Although the only thing Seven could make out about the other male's age was that he was older. Oddly enough, this other male stated that he had never been to the ocean before. Was he new like him or just lazy? How is it even possible to not come here while living in Bleeding Souls? It was everywhere - the territory was one big coastline.

Yes yes, I can see that... Although it's hard to believe you've never been to the ocean before. Sev commented. The other male moved in closer and the dark male caught his scent. He was from a pack, although the young wolf still had no idea how many packs there were in the surrounding area, or what they were called. It's a great way of making friends, not that you would know anything about it. He lied. Seven had no friends.

[/html]
[html]

PMed you about something. ^^; 500+ words.

####Evidently, the darker male had very little skills when it came to others. There was a whole big world out there away from the ocean, and he did not find it at all strange that he had never been this close to the sea before now. Vigilante supposed that it was possible that the dark wolf was not aware of just how large the world truly was, and perhaps he had lived by the ocean for his entire life. While he had not explored much of the world before, he was completely aware of the various types of landscape. During his travels from his old pack to this area, he had not been near the ocean at all. When crossing into this territory, he had been aware of the ocean's closeness, but he had not actually been close enough to it to even see it or smell it. Apparently, that was a shame, as he obviously should have been familiar with the ocean for the entirity of his life. It was a ridiculous accusation that came from the dark wolf.

####"There is a whole world outside of this region that are not close to the ocean at all. When I came here, I travelled for weeks, and possibly months, through lands not even close to large bodies of water, let alone the ocean." His tone remained even as he allowed his gaze to settle on the ocean once more. In his opinion, he found it to be a perfectly viable explanation, and he failed to see why the stranger would basically accuse him of lying about never seeing the ocean before. He had seen other things in life, such as mountains, raging rivers, and more importantly, the hardships of life in various areas. When it all came down to it, landscape was nothing compared to everything else in the world. Seasons changed, weather changed, natural disasters ravaged the lands, but none of those were particularly important. It mattered not where you were raised or lived, but how you lived your life.

####He was beginning to realize just how little he appreciated the tone of the wolf. "Evidently, you know very little of the subject, as well. Insulting those that happen to be in the area certainly isn't a way to make friends." He would have been hard pressed to think of more than one name if asked who his true friends were, but he certainly had those he was friendly with or on good terms with. None had been acquired through rudeness and accusations. Perhaps he was just older and wiser than this wolf, as everything the darker one had said had not seemed to be filled with much worldly knowledge. It was understandable, as Vigilante knew that there were those that had lived sheltered lives, but he was not fond of such a lifestyle. His own life had been filled with things that required him to be mentally aged, and he had always been considered a bit more advanced than those around him. It was how he had to be.

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Evidently this Vigilante wasn't too happy with Seven. The dark male understood that he was being a bit too snippy, but some impish figure in his head was telling him that it was fun. Sev mentally snapped at the little bugger. He knew that these lands were vast and not all of them were right next to the ocean, but, having grown up in an island and with little knowledge in that particular section, Seven found it perfectly normal that the ocean seemed so... boring to him.

Guess you're right, I'm just not very good at geography... Or making friends, since you brought up that subject. He smiled, although disagreeing with the insult part. Seven never meant to insult him, it was just a little tease to start a conversation. And I never claimed I was trying to befriend you exactly. I mean, you're not that good looking. He said jokingly.

Seven shifted a little bit, then got up. His muscles felt a little numb and he felt the urge to stretch them out. A jog would be nice right now. The dark male thought. He took a few paces towards the Luperci and stopped, staring him right in the eyes. So, tell me stranger, how long have you been around these parts? By the story you told me I can assume that you weren't born here, right?
[/html]
[html]

500+ words.

####It was becoming apparent in his mind that this wolf was either significantly younger than him, or he was not as developed socially as he could be. Vigilante was not the perfect example of a man, but he certainly had manners, ethics, and respect. Thus far, this wolf had, for all intents and purposes, called him a liar, and then insulted him, and then tried to pass the blame unto him, in a way. "You brought it up," he corrected in his usual even tone. It seemed bizarre to him that the dark wolf could possibly forget that he had been the one to say something along the lines of being incapable of making friends, and he had not been referring to himself when he had said that. Though the dark wolf had admitted to not being very good at making friends, now, Vigilante would be hard pressed to find a way to disagree with him. It certainly seemed like the wolf was not particularly adept at making friends, at any rate.

####Making friends was also not on his agenda for the day. Rather, it was never on his agenda. Friends were often a liability, in some instances. Similarly, he kne that he was not someone others found easy to relate to, and he was generally on a different mental level than most others. It simply could not be helped; he had been trained to be different from everyone else, and now, he was. No matter how he tried to have a "normal" life, such training could not be reversed. Truthfully, it did not bother him much that he only had one actual friend in the area, although he was unsure of the status of their relationship. It was difficult to consider the directions it may be going in, simply because he did not have the experience to back up such an idea. Regardless, friends were not something he went out of his way to make, though he was not going to tell this wolf that. It seemed that the wolf would not be able to handle a statement such as "I do not make friends," in his opinion.

####If it was intimidation that the dark wolf was hoping for by being so bold as to look at him so directly, Vigilante supposed he would be severely disappointed, for it took a lot more than someone looking at him completely to affect him in any real way. His expression remained stoic, void of any emotion other than his usual composed and neutral expression. Though he was a bit annoyed by the impudent nature of the wolf before him, this was not something that he made known, as per his usual way of being. "No, I am not from around here. I travelled for quite some time from an area near Alaska in northern Canada." It was all he would be willing to say on the subject, even if the wolf chose to pry. "Am I to assume you are not from this area, as well?" It seemed like a safe assumption, considering the wolf's apparent nature and the fact that he had met many here that would not tolerate such an attitude.

[/html]