cling to your lonesome folly
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ptable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

I just pp'ed her scent arriving ahead of her, is that ok? PM me if not and I'll change it Smile
Word Count: 392

The litter of three lay asleep on a bundle of all the softest things she could find (she'd collected them!), one halfway on top of the other as if using each other as mattresses. It was strange how children could sleep anywhere. They were really getting too old for the long naps in the middle of the day, but it wasn't as if she could force them to be awake. They just fell asleep, no matter where they were. It was better to stay in the den in case they wanted to nap, than having to carry them all the way back home from wherever they had been. Her fingers strummed strings on her guitar absent-mindedly, not really playing anything at all. The tones were soothing, but her mind was not on the music - it was, as it always was these days, on the three that slept in front of her. They were talking these days, though not very fluently, and she kept giving them new words and phrases to play with. Vesle, especially, liked to talk, although she could hardly talk at all. The other two were lively as well, but perhaps the small gray one was the most clingy and fond of her mother. Mew liked that. She could not remember a time when she had ever been more happy and content as she was now, aside from how they wore her out and craved almost more food than she could provide. They ate some meat now, which helped, but were still very much dependent on their mother for food.

Her nose picked up a familiar scent, and the little smile she held on her lips broadened. Her niece was here? Maybe she was passing through Wolfville. Mew could enjoy some company, and hadn't really spoken properly with her niece in ages. Now, she put the guitar down and moved silently to the little balcony outside her bedroom. It was in fact what the humans would have called a living room, but it was a bedroom to her. If Colibri was passing through, Mew wanted to haul her in for a chat. She was feeling much more social after the children were born, maybe she wanted to show them off. Whatever it was, Colibri should know her relatives. She smiled as she stood leaning to the balcony railing, waiting for a known face to appear around the street's corner in either direction. A keen nose was a nice thing to have.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread