cling to your lonesome folly
[html]
WC: 397

The rain finally let up mid-afternoon, leaving the soggy ground heavy with puddles of mud. Autumn leaves still scattered the bases of trees, their paling branches growing emptier by the day. The air was cool, not as chill as it had been the previous night, but not as warm as the unobstructed sunlight should have provided. Colibri Haki stepped lightly, trying to gracefully avoid the wet patches as she traversed her homelands.

Thoughts had been weighing heavily as of late; she had made up her mind to leave Dahlia for good, but had taken few steps towards doing so. She had promised Anu, time and again, and yet she kept dithering and coming up with excuses why she hadn't told her leaders yet. It was hard. She was not overly happy here, not when the wolves she had grown to trust kept leaving. It was hard to live in Deuce's empty cabin and walk past Henratha's greenhouse every day. But still, the prospect of telling Cercelee that she was abandoning her friend after this long... or the thought of deserting in Haku's eyes... it terrified her. And she didn't know Cwmfen well enough to turn to her guidance, and here she was, back where she started.

Sighing, the willowy werewolf padded into a clearing, the sun's weak light washing her rich brown fur a pale hue. She had family here she cared about, too. Conor. Emwe. Mew. They weren't going anywhere. And if she had any inkling to Haku's reactions toward deserters, she would not be allowed to visit them once she was sworn in to Crimson Dreams. Actually... she had not spoken to Auntie Mew in quite some time. She had been hoping to visit over the summer, but Anu had occupied her thoughts instead. She knew nothing of Lubomir or how their relationship stood, but... now that she was kindling a romance of her own, she would be happy for the girl talk.

There, she was decided! She would seek out her musical aunt and see how she was doing, perhaps for the last time. The thought brought her a pang of sadness, and the young werewolf struggled to brush it aside, raising her muzzle to locate the scent she was seeking. "I wonder if I should bring a gift," she murmured, fiddling with her claws as she moved unhurriedly to look for Mew's den.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ptable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

I just pp'ed her scent arriving ahead of her, is that ok? PM me if not and I'll change it Smile
Word Count: 392

The litter of three lay asleep on a bundle of all the softest things she could find (she'd collected them!), one halfway on top of the other as if using each other as mattresses. It was strange how children could sleep anywhere. They were really getting too old for the long naps in the middle of the day, but it wasn't as if she could force them to be awake. They just fell asleep, no matter where they were. It was better to stay in the den in case they wanted to nap, than having to carry them all the way back home from wherever they had been. Her fingers strummed strings on her guitar absent-mindedly, not really playing anything at all. The tones were soothing, but her mind was not on the music - it was, as it always was these days, on the three that slept in front of her. They were talking these days, though not very fluently, and she kept giving them new words and phrases to play with. Vesle, especially, liked to talk, although she could hardly talk at all. The other two were lively as well, but perhaps the small gray one was the most clingy and fond of her mother. Mew liked that. She could not remember a time when she had ever been more happy and content as she was now, aside from how they wore her out and craved almost more food than she could provide. They ate some meat now, which helped, but were still very much dependent on their mother for food.

Her nose picked up a familiar scent, and the little smile she held on her lips broadened. Her niece was here? Maybe she was passing through Wolfville. Mew could enjoy some company, and hadn't really spoken properly with her niece in ages. Now, she put the guitar down and moved silently to the little balcony outside her bedroom. It was in fact what the humans would have called a living room, but it was a bedroom to her. If Colibri was passing through, Mew wanted to haul her in for a chat. She was feeling much more social after the children were born, maybe she wanted to show them off. Whatever it was, Colibri should know her relatives. She smiled as she stood leaning to the balcony railing, waiting for a known face to appear around the street's corner in either direction. A keen nose was a nice thing to have.

[/html]
[html]
WC:317 //Of course, that's handy! :>

She found the path from the clearing, her muddy footpaws leaving a dainty trail behind her. Her wandering eyes followed the paths of spiraling leaves, the loose scraps of color tossed about by the scudding wind. Autumn was certainly a bright and festive time of year, although watching all of her beautiful plants be choked out by frost was depressing. It seemed like every winter she herself uprooted, looking for greener pastures. A migratory werewolf. The passing thought brought a weak smile to her delicate countenance, and she raised her muzzle, seeking the scent again. She was closer than she thought; the buildings she slunk past had all been dim and empty, but the fall breezes carried whispering signs that someone was nearby...

"Auntie Mew...!" Coli exclaimed, ears pricked forward at the white figure hovering ghostly about the balcony of the house. She hadn't even realized how far into Wolfville she had ambled, to discover Mew's home. It was a bigger house than her own, especially if it had a second tier above the first! She had never seen an upstairs before, sheltered thing that she was. Her secluded cabin was quite small, and she couldn't remember much from the cabin Haku had claimed off in the wilderness...

The brown-and-cream werewolf jogged up the path, a bright smile (not unlike Emwe's) lighting up her face. It had been easier to find her aunt than she had expected... She should have visited sooner, then. Her sensitive ears had not caught the sounds of any others nearby -- was Lubomir out hunting, then? She felt a selfish bit of relief that the man of the house would not be present; men made her uncomfortable. "I... hope it's all right that I decided to drop by," she added as she drew near to the tall construct. If she was intruding, she would leave, of course. No need to be obtrusive.

[/html]
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ptable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

I am made of fail. <3?
Word Count: 307

As expected, her shape soon appeared in line of sight, and Mew stretched her body expectantly, though without making a sound. An amused grin hung around her lips as she simply studied her niece, finding it peculiarly funny to watch her when she was not aware of her aunt's presence. It was not malicious amusement, but the kind that fed and satisfied her curiosity. It only lasted moments. When Colibri's voice finally broke through the air as she noticed her aunt's alabaster figure, Mew gave a little laugh and called down back to her chocolate relative. "Hey there!" Careful as ever, the younger female quickly gave room for rejection, but Mew merely shook her head and gestured with her hand towards the entrance door a floor below the balcony she stood on. "'Smelled you coming, dear - that's why I came out here. Why don't you come up? It's the first room on the left and up the stairs." Smiling, she stood studying her a moment before simply walking indoors to check on the little ones and find a cushion for her guest to sit on. There were furniture in her livingroom, but she didn't really use them. The puppies probably would find them great sources for entertainment as they grew though, but as for now they stood untouched. That is, except how she took the cushions from old chairs and sofas to sit on them on the floor. It was more comfortable, that way. Now she arranged one large cushion for her niece next to her own, and cleared away the music sheets that littered the floor everywhere. The three young ones still slept, and moved only vaguely now and then, sometimes giving the tiniest of mewls as they dreamt. Waiting for Colibri to come up, Mew studied them silently with a smile on her maw.

[/html]