wherever life takes me
[html]

Out of Character

<3 Man, I AM really rusty. DX I feel like I'm writing in circles. *flails*

In Character

There was no sign whatsoever of the confidence he'd once displayed in her. Kol had squandered her leader's faith, she knew that already. However, there was obviously something she'd done correctly in the past. The Stormbringer had known her chances of returning to Dahlia were slim after all that had happened, especially if Haku were the one to meet her at the border. Yet meet her he had, and without explanation had allowed her to return home. Kol was not about to push her luck by trying to find out just why he'd accepted her.

The information the male provided only affirmed what the woman had already assumed. Her first destination in Dahlia had been her old dwelling in the cemetery, but it was immediately apparent that her old friend had taken in new roommates. Their scents were vaguely familiar, though until Haku gave their names she couldn't produce them herself. The accompanying scent she'd expected to find not only at the house but around Dahlia was that of her brother, for he'd set out months ago to return. His lack of appearance worried Kol greatly, but now was not the time for such thoughts. "Lexey probably wouldn't want anything to do with me anyway, given everything that's gone on. That house is hers more than it ever was mine, and I would never dispute that. Besides, Elliot built this treehouse himself, and it's suitable enough for our needs. But thank you, I had wondered who had moved in with her." Conor had moved in with Lexey not long after finally being found as a pup, of course it would make sense for him to still be there, and for his brother to follow. Kol could have answered the mystery of the males' scents herself had she only used her head.

The sun danced off the woman's familiar ornaments as she kept her position below the leader. Haku had not dismissed the formality and, given her precarious current standing with him, she would not move until he either let her or left. She had once been a confidante, someone the male could depend on. Yet now, everything had changed because of her, regardless of the beast's slow descent into madness. "I won't ever mention it again, but you need to know that I've never once betrayed your confidence from that night. And I will take it to my grave, if it's the only thing I ever do right in this life." Kol had no idea the direction the pair's facade of a conversation would go, but it was something that needed to be said. Her violet eyes burned with conviction, though whether the male believed her or not was his choice. It was enough for her to know she'd told him, and to know that she meant every word of it.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread