wherever life takes me
[html]

Out of Character

No worries love! And yay, I was just now wandering the board looking for a thread to jump on. =X *loves on*

In Character

"Yes, Elliot will be returning as well, once he's tied up a few loose ends we left in Solbjorg." The woman answered her leader's question shortly and sweetly, grateful to have so far avoided the animosity she'd expected from him. Of course, she would unwittingly provoke that animosity with her next words. In trying to reassure Haku that she would never betray the trust he'd placed in her, she'd managed to pour salt in an open wound. The Lilium's entire demeanor changed with the three little words he uttered, and Kol had to physically keep the shudder at bay that threatened to dislodge her spine. It was the first time she'd ever felt less than comfortable around Haku, and though the darkness within her Stormbringer blood began to stir at the challenge, she knew that to provoke the male further would be suicide.

Thankfully, the venom in Haku's fangs subsided and he moved on to another subject. Kol's black ears perked at his next words, her violet eyes narrowing in concern. The metal jaws were new to her, though she seemed to remember her grandfather speaking of similar things he'd come across in his years as a loner. He always spoke of them as either already closed or rusted to disorder however. The ones Haku mentioned now were spoken of with the unmistakable air of threat to them, indicating that these particular fangs still worked. The fact that they were placed around Dahlia's borders, along with Haku's revelation of decapitated animals, meant only one thing: someone was toying with the pack. Someone wanted it known that they could move about the borders of Dahlia unmolested, leaving behind a malicious ambush for its members without them ever knowing they were in danger. It also meant that patrols would have to be stepped up, and measures taken to assure the safety of the entire Dahlian pack.

Haku's next words were met with a respectful dip of Kol's dark head, his offer echoing her previous thoughts. Co-rank or no, she would have done whatever she could to protect Dahlia anyway. "I'd be honored to resume my duty as scout. Thank you. If I might ask, when did these things start showing up at the border? Do we have any idea at all who's responsible?" She knew they were probably redundant questions, as Haku would have already mentioned if he had any idea who was behind the threats. Regardless, she asked them anyway. "Has anyone been hurt?" Perhaps it had been a blessing her children had never grown old enough to make the trek to Dahlia. She couldn't imagine what she'd have done had any of them faced a nameless danger like this. Dealing with open attacks and threats from the Dawnrunners was one thing, facing an unknown enemy who used underhanded and dishonorable methods was entirely another.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread