See the other side
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... eader1.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC// Ahh, this is going to be fun xD I hope you don't mind my set-up of this scene; To make it more obvious, this is directly after our last thread. Alaine and Caillen are waiting somewhere near Chien Hotel for Finn's return.

The beautiful young woman shifted nervously, her brilliant emerald eyes rimmed with the pearl hue of a frightened victim. Her hands clasped and unfolded, rubbing nervously at the silky texture of her slender, bare thighs. The dark claws that tipped them scratched beneath smooth hair, the little pricks of pain helping her to concentrate.

This was a bad idea... What is going to happen to us?

Her gaze, seemingly blinded with worry, traipsed back over her shoulder to the little boy that lay curled up on the grass, innocently snoring away his mothers frantic fears. Alaine swallowed nervously, and unable to remain still, forced herself to sit back down on the large boulder beside him. There was a building in the distance, some sort of hotel... It's doors and windows gaped out at the young mother like ghastly, screaming mouths. Even though one day she would come to think of it as home, the Chien Hotel seemed now only to be her prison, or perhaps her death.

Now you are just being ridiculous!

Mentally scolding herself for getting so disturbed, Alaine took a deep breath, felt the swirl of air fill her lungs, and held it tight for a moment before exhaling. Though the fears were still bashing against her skull, atleast her heart managed to slow it's humming-bird pace. Fingers laces through the thick hair of her plumes tail, absently brushing at tangles, her sharp forest-green eyes still on the lookout. The ebony lady... Miss Finn? ... Had told her to wait here. Just to wait. And for some reason unknown to the young mother, Alaine trusted her, with those dark eyes that had seen far more than just this land, these strangers. She had been kind... And that was the only thing that the lady could cling to right now. Finn had said that this place would bring solace.

Solace seemed so far away.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread