See the other side
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... eader1.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

OOC// Oh, alrighty then, thats fine :3 And PSSH, your writing gives me happy tingles, so THERE xD

Beneath the warmth of her palm, Finn's skill was cool and clammy. The healer within Alaine fretted for the old woman, and she was thoroughly relieved when the other took no offense to her advise and agreed. As the ebony lady sank down to the ground, Alaine did likewise, tucking her legs daintily to the side and folding her hands neatly in her lap once more. Finn's eyes were down-turned, but her brow furrowed. Sensing the great importance of whatever she was about to say, the young mother remained silent, her brilliant jade eyes soft and measuring.

” You… How did you… know about Caillen?”

Slender willow-shaped brows rose in mild surprise, the odd question momentarily startling Alaine out of her propriety and respectfulness. Maw opened, shut, and the younger lady cleared her throat, questioning emerald eyes clearing inquiring something her voice dared now. With a hesitant and puzzled look, the beautiful she-dog granted ebony lady her answer.

" I just... I knew." Aware that was not an appropriate answer, she tried again, gaze misting over with memory, " It was a dark time in my life. I thought... I considered many things then. But I woke one morning, and I just knew. It was as if the world had suddenly come good again, like I was being rewarded. I felt... I felt him inside of me."

Suddenly lost to her own remembrance of the moment, Alaine gave the other a genuine smile, her shadowed, world-weary eyes alight with something precious, something eternal.

" It felt strange, but made me... Complete. I could feel the little life, glowing inside of me. That morning, I vomited up my guts," She offered a meek, wry smile before continuing, " It was as if he was just reminding me that he was there. I was... I was very ill at the time, but I felt stronger. I felt a new purpose."

Her emerald eyes became clear and direct, measuring the other woman in silence for a moment. Then, slowly, she reached forward. Gaze remained leveled with Finn's steely, smoky one, wary of the other woman even as she gently rested her seeking hand upon the hard muscle of the ebony lady's stomach. Her eyes fluttered shut for a moment, brow creasing with concentration, and then with a soft yip, she withdrew her hand as if shocked.

" Finn... Did you know?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread