Fate's Fancy
[html]

Ack lousy post, but at least I got something posted ^_^

The chill wind buffetted her face, and the blue merle collie began to second guess her choice to come sit outside, unclothed. However, her mind quickly reinforced her original reason for coming outside. This small excursion into the cold was a change, a change from the boring lifestyle she had been restricted to these past few weeks. This change, however, small would in somewhat satisfy her need to be active. Gradually these excursions would lengthen as her ankle continued to heal. She'd be back to normal in no time. The slender dauphine was quickly snapped from her day dreaming by the high cry of a puppy. Half-folded ears perked curiously as the blind femme turned her head so that she was facing the sound. Her abnormally keen ears could hear the source of the voice dashing towards her, and Ruri quickly felt a damp bundle of fur landing in her lap squealing about how she knew her mom would come for her. The sudden contact from the wet pup sent a flood of sensations coming to Ruri's mind quickly identified the small creature as a puppy, and a wet one at that. What Ruri didn't understand was how this pup could have mistaken her for her mother. Was this pup a dog too? "H-hold on for a moment little one. I'm sorry, but I think you have me mistaken for someone else. I'm not your mommy," she replied compassionately. She hated to think how upset this young girl might be when she realized that Ruri was not her mother. It peaked the lautari's curiosity as to where this pup was from. She smelled like the pack, which likely meant she was a member of the pack, but Ruri knew of no other dogs in the pack that looked like her. Ruri, of course, did not know how she looked or how her other pack members looked since she was blind. However, her friends had repeatedly told her how unique she looked. From what she gathered, she looked entirely different from the wolves and coyotes that inhabited the surrounding regions. This pup surely had to be a dog, then, in order to mistake Ruri for her mother. Again Ruri could only wonder who this pup was and where she was from.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread