Fate's Fancy
[html]

Table © Alaine
OOC: AGAIN, sorry for taking so long. |D
WC: 277

Happy visage and wagging tail slowed and dropped. Raised folded ears fell back against the sides of little lilac head and violet gems lost their light. Of course, of course... this couldn't be her mother... her mother was still back in Florida, in the warmth of the famined town from which she had been birthed. Tears welled up in the two month old's eyes as her heart broke again, memories of days before her arrival breaking the levies in her mind.

"Ah... I... I'm sorry..."

She sniffed, fighting back the crocodile tears threatening to spill forth. The little puppy shivered against a chilly wind as she stepped off of the stranger's lap and onto her steps, sitting hard down upon them. Of course, of course... her mother was never coming back for her... never loved her, never wanted her... never enjoyed her company. Though her back remained turned to the blind female, looked back at the older collie.

"You just... look a lot like my mother... same blue, merle-patterned fur, same folded ears..."

She looked at Ruri, sighing. You have everything but her eyes... And yet Sylvie looked very little like her mother, except for her eyes. No, instead, the little violet-eyed lilac looked similar to her father, with her redder coat, saddle-like markings, and socked paws. White muzzle drooped to face the cold step beneath her, small body shivering with the effort it took not to cry, not to mention the cold around her. Tiny maw opened once more in apology, tiny, melodic voice laced with cracks.

"I'm... sorry to have bothered you, and gotten you wet..."

At least she could apologize for her mistakes, right?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread