Fate's Fancy
[html]

ooc

Ruri's tears that had started out sad due to the pain of the resurfacing memories slowly became happy as Sylvie introduced herself in a similarly quivering voice to her own. Slowly, Ruri moved forward, being careful to avoid putting any weight on her ankle. She could not see Sylvie, but the sound of her voice coupled with her crying led Ruri's delicate hands to find the pup's small form. The information Sylvie had divulged had sealed the deal in Ruri's mind. There was little chance of Sylvie having a different mother than Ruri's. Ruri had been said to look just like her mother and Ruri's mother had lived down in Florida, though Ruri barely remembered the name of the place. Finally, sad as it was, Ruri's mother had a horrid tendency for abandoning her least favorite pups in fashions that left them little chance for survival. Ruri had been left to starve in a place where she could smell no familiar scents, or hear any familiar voices. Poor young Sylvie had been abandoned, likely in a similar fashion. Ruri now knew, this small pup was her sister.

Soft, white-furred hands gripped the pup ever so gently as slender arms scooped her up, pulling her wet form close to her chest. "There, there Sylvie, it's okay. This is a good place. With lots of nice people. You've found your real home here," she began by trying to console the crying pup. No need to simply drop the whole bomb at once. She would have to be somewhat subtle. It might involve divulging some information that she had tried to suppress for much of her life, but it would mean that Sylvie would have time to realize that Ruri was telling the truth."Sylvie, I need you to listen to me for a second okay?" she began, her hand stroking the back of the pup's head as Ruri knelt there on the freezing cold ground, "I have some important things to tell you. You see...I'm from Florida too. So is King Jacquez. My mother...when I was little people said I looked a lot like her...but my mother didn't like me because I'm blind. She hated me because I couldn't see. I wasn't normal like her other children. When I was little, a bit younger than you," she guessed, judging by how big the pup felt and how much she weighed in her arms, "My mother abandoned me...left me to die where I was all lost and alone. You see, I think my mom...that mean person who did that do me...might have been your momma too. What I mean to say is, I think we're sisters," she finished, tears of joy falling down her face as she did her best to smile in the direction of the pup so that she could see. Ruri hadn't intended to refer to their mother as mean, although in truth Ruri hated her with every fabric of her being. In all truth her mother was the only person that Ruri harbored any malice towards. That was part of the reason the sweet, innocent Border collie rarely brought up her past. She hated the idea that she might get upset about her mother and start talking meanly. However, the dislike had slipped into Ruri's explanation slightly. Hopefully Sylvie would not pick up on it and would instead focus on the more important thing that Ruri had revealed. They were siblings!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread