Fate's Fancy
[html]

ooc

Ruri took a few moments to focus her thoughts as Sylvie paused to contemplate her elder sister's answers. Of course, the silver and ivory femme knew that Sylvie would only ask more questions shortly, but she welcomed the idea. The more that she could teach the pup, the better she would feel. Surely enough, Sylvie began with her second set of questions, with an interesting inquiry regarding what she should call Jac. Her proposals for nicknames for the king made Ruri giggle before she answered,"You can call him King Jac, or King Jac-Jac. He is the King after all so you have to show him respect. I don't think he'd like being called Mr. Missing an Arm, although he might like telling you a story about how he lost his arm," she replied, before pausing to think of an answer to Sylvie's next questions. In truth Ruri couldn't remember the last story Jac had told her about how he had lost his arm. She knew he changed the story with everyone he told, so if Sylvie asked him she would likely receive an interesting answer.

"I don't know what kind of dog Jac is, but I know that he is part collie. Yes, he was from Florida too. I don't know how he got to be king. I think he was born to be a King. That's usually how it works. Yes, he sometimes drove the big boat. They call really big boats, ships. I thought it was very fun. Some of my best memories are from when we sailed around on the ship. Ruri smiled when Sylvie asked her if she saw lots of fish. Of course she didn't see any, she couldn't, but she didn't mind that the pup had asked. It was probably difficult for her to think about someone not being able to see something. "I didn't see a lot of fish, but I remember that we ate fish a lot. It was sometimes the only thing that we could eat.

Sylvies next question baffled Ruri. She'd never been asked such a question before. Did she think that she needed permission to be able to shift forms? She was a luperci, albeit a dog luperci, but a luperci no less. Ruri remembered that it had taken awhile before she had been able to shift. Her minimal understanding of the process of shifting led Ruri to believe that one had to be almost full grown before one could shift. This would no doubt disappoint the pup, but she had to learn one way or another. "I'm sorry, Sylvie, but Jac has no control over whether or not you can shift. You just have to be patient. Someday you'll learn how to do it all on your own, but you have to get a bit bigger first. Your body will let you know when you're ready. Ruri remembered the day she first learned to shift as if it had just happened yesterday. She had felt the sudden urge to change forms and before she knew it, her body was changing and suddenly she was struggling to stay standing on two legs. Jac had to help her, but eventually she became as comfortable walking on two feet as she had been on all fours. "I can understand a little French, because Jac speaks it so often, but I can't speak it. Jac might like it if you talk to him in French. He doesn't get much chance to carry on good conversations in his favorite language. As for other friends," Ruri paused for a moment, thinking of all of her packmates, at least the ones she knew. There was the entire Royal Court and of course Heath. "Yeah I have lots of friends, most of them helped start this pack. As for anyone super special...I have a very good friend named Heath. He's the Marshall of the pack. That means he takes care of the horses. What about you, Sylvie? Have you made any friends since coming here?" She asked, trying to give Sylvie equal opportunity to talk about herself. At the moment Sylvie had directed the conversation to learning about Ruri's life, but Ruri wanted to learn about her little sister. Of course, Sylvie hadn't been alive nearly as long as she had and probably had less to tell, but that didn't mean it was any less important.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread