The dawn is coming
[html]

Word Count: 406 - SoSuWriMo

I am a part of all that I have met

Mew's instincts insisted that something was not the way it should be with the behavior of her brother, but her senses told her that she was overreacting. These days it was hard to tell the natural reaction from the unnatural one, and she was blinded by her children's take on this world. She was growing careless and not taking precautions anymore. She was increasingly failing at reading her fellow adults' behavior as she spent her days studying the children and them alone. Of course, Conor and Alexey came by regularly, and Hanna visited sometimes, but still most of her days and time was spent on the little clumsy forms that now stood between her front legs. She decided now, that it was enough of introductions, and seeing as Haku was not interested in talking to them on their own level she would let them go. Bending down she spoke to the quietly, but of course not so the Lilium would not hear. "Why don't you go and play, and your mum can have a talk with her brother alone?" The children looked at her for a little moment, then at Haku, and Mew smiled as they hurried away. Happiness in returning to their daily playing routine was what she saw. Perhaps there had been relief on the little boy's face, but she had not seen it. As she lifted her head to meet her brother's baby blue eyes, there was a different air about her; Mew was still a mother, but as the children walked away with the complete lack of grace that only children can transform into cuteness she became more of Haku's sister, more of Mew as she had always been. Her green gaze was not as masked by the affection of her children. Sharp gaze studied her brother's face now. "It's been a long time, Haku. I rarely see you anymore - how are you?" Her voice was inviting; if he was troubled and wished to share this with her, he may. She was offering him this, as one of the only things she could do to ever repay him for always having her back. But he did not want to speak, he could easily avoid the whole ordeal, and ;ew would think nothing of it. The Lilum was a busy position to hold, no doubt. She smiled, quite happy with how he had decided to visit her. She had not expected this.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread