When the day comes, look into my eyes
[html]

:]

Stark didn’t move as Ruri settled herself in the saddle. She was a natural with the stallion. Her motions were calm and gentle, so subtle that many wouldn’t even notice. His gold eyes did not miss the way she sat strait, leaning forward only with purpose, how her hands moved smoothly over the horses muscled neck in a way that calmed any unease that might flicker in the stallion's dark eyes. Her words woke him from his thoughts, and he returned her smile. Heath touched her hand, holding it briefly before calling for the roan mare. Lumière strode with an energized purpose, excited to get riding. Heath saw a change in the mare when Ruri was around. Though she obeyed the coy-wolf, he could see that she watched the collie, her eyes moving with her higher pitched voice.

He sung a leg over the worn saddle and guided the mare back to the stallion that held the merle woman. The mare moved slowly, cautious around the horse and rider. Heath took the moment to watched her again, and then remembered he didn’t have a planned location for the pair. His light colored hand touched the stallion’s nose, once he was next to the two. The command was silent, and the horse moved with a small jolt and followed the mare as he always did. At first Heath was nervous that there was not connection between the two, and considered taking the lead from Stark. Instead he trusted the horse, and trusted that she would feel a negative change in the horse.

Reining Lumière, she slowed and the two walked beside each other. They moved through the trees, the sound of bells ringing fading in the distance. He wanted to talk about Jac, wanted to breach that uncomfortable gap and know that things were truly settled. Even though she had said they were, he could not shake the feeling completely. “I was nervous that I would be in hiding forever.” He commented, his tone still light but not filled with the same excited attitude.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread