When the day comes, look into my eyes
[html]

private

Blue collar sat folded neatly at his neck, the white snap buttons shined even in the clouded sky, and it was tucked squarely into the clean jeans that he wore. He had never liked clothing before, and yet now he felt the need to look his best whenever he ventured towards her home. The male was still frightened when traveling out into the open lands of the pack’s home. In the stables he felt secure, as well as on the outskirts of the borders. Jac had not come looking for him, and Heath was partially grateful for that. While half of him wanted to ignore another confrontation, another wished to make amends and ask forgiveness and acceptance from the King. Instead of seeking him out Heath wanted to find comfort in the woman his world revolved around.

Lumière would not be left behind, so Heath rode smoothly over the forest floor with the pale stallion trotting dutifully behind them. The mare was agitated when they began, but had calmed in the consistent trot. She knew the way, and Heath only needed to ask her once to bring him to Ruri. The stallion followed without question, just as Heath taught him. As they neared the bells could be heard, and with the eager beat of his heart pushing him forward Heath gently heeled the horse a notch faster.

Gold eyes looked through the sparse trees to find the house, her scent lingered on every tree, root and rock. The two horses slowed, and the male dismounted with a single practiced motion and strode up the door. He worried that Jac would be here, for his scent was in the air as well. But his eagerness to see her, to touch her face, was overpowering. On the porch Heath cleared his throat, and knocked on the door twice. Waiting his tail waved with anticipation behind him.

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

The grey cashmere tunic hugged her feminine form, both keeping the fragile girl warm and accentuating her figure. Her pale blue eyes were dancing around aimlessly throughout her house as she busied herself with cleaning up. With a pup as rambunctious as Jontae living in her house, Ruri constantly found herself tidying up the pup's sleeping area. It was not always easy for the blind girl, but she still managed to keep her home in a state of relative neatness. She never could guess when she might have a visitor and having her house look presentable would be nice. Of course, she could not see half of the things she cleaned, so her job was mediocre at best, but it gave her a feeling of accomplishment knowing that she had tried. Being unable to take the long walks across the packlands that she loved so much, Ruri had felt the need to busy herself with other things. With each passing day her ankle healed more and more and slowly the pain was fading. She found that she could walk further and stand for longer each day. That fact made the discomfort of her injury bearable.

Her sensitive ears detected footsteps on her front porch followed by a knock on the door. Quickly rising Ruri entered the main living area of her small cabin. Now she could smell exactly who it was, leading her to quickly open the door. "Hello Heath," she greeted, smiling excitedly, her pale blue eyes focused towards the scent of the man she loved. She knew that the horses were there, although she could not guess why Heath had brought them both. For the moment, however, Ruri had something very important to tell Heath, but she would wait until they had sufficiently greeted each other. As the new dauphine of Cour des Miracles, she had certain abilities and she had also explained everything to Jac. Everything was alright now.

[/html]
[html]

He waited at the door, and though he only needed to wait a few moments it felt like hours. Long drawn out minutes where he was left to think about the idea that Jac might just answer the door. He wouldn’t, he wasn’t around. This Heath was certain. The male would know, instinctually if another male were stalking around Ruri’s home. No, she was beyond the door and no one else. Just on the other side of the house’s entrance stood the one person he wished to see. And waiting seemed to steal away his courage. It left him nervous, anxious and excited. The thought of seeing her made his heart beat heavily in his ears, and it wasn’t until the door opened that Heath could something beyond it’s rhythm.

She greeted him with a smile, light excitement laced in her Lautari voice. He straitened, taking in the sight of her as well as forming a greeting to match hers.
“Hello.” His deeper voice spoke while his eyes found the pale blue orbs she held. They looked at him, and even without the obvious recognition a sighted beast would give she looked deeply into him. He was lost in her gaze, so much so that silence surrounded them for a few second. His smile was flimsy and goofy as he found words to say.
“You want to go for a ride?” he had come with a plan, and if her beauty didn’t take all sense from him Heath would see it through.

He broke his gaze from the woman, turning to call the stallion forward. The silver horse moved toward the porch, saddled and ready for a rider. Another gift for her, just a few hours of training was all it took. Maybe he had chosen Stark for this very purpose before he knew he needed it. Whatever it was, the stallion watched to pair and waited for the next request. Eyes found her again,
“You can ride Stark.”

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

Heath responded with a greeting of his own, and Ruri savored the sound of his voice. She wondered what it would sound like if he were to sing. Surely it would sound nice. Whether he would ever do such a thing she would have to wait and see. For now, she was content simply to enjoy the sound of his voice. Her hand's fiddled with the ends of her tunic's long sleeves until Heath broke the silence with the request she had guessed was coming. Did she want to go for a ride. "Of course, but first, I have something to tell you. Jac made me that Dauphine of Cour des Miracles. That means I'm second in command. I also talked to him about you and me. I told him that his relationship with me wouldn't change and that I wasn't going to leave him behind. What I mean to say is...everything's okay! You don't have to worry anymore," she exclaimed, throwing her arms around Heath, rather carefully so as to not accidentally smack him in the face or something. After all, she could only guess his location based on the sound of his voice and his scent. Her actions were two fold in their importance. For one, she wanted to hug Heath in an expression of her love for him, but also, her the pain in her weak ankle had gradually been increasing as she stood there and she wanted to lean on Heath for support so that her ankle would stop hurting.

She heard him call one of the horses before he announced who it was that she would ride. She should have guessed that it would have been Stark. After all, the gentle stallion had been the first horse she had ever ridden and he had seemed to like her from the moment they had met. She smiled gleefully, only to pause for a moment and cock her head to the side in curiosity,"How am I going to ride him by myself? I can't tell where I am without feeling the ground beneath my feet so I can't tell Stark where to go." Her question as understandable. After all, for a blind girl to try and ride a horse by herself sounded a bit preposterous. Of course, the delicate lautari had faith in Heath and new he had a plan of some sort. Why else would he have brought both Lumiere and Stark with him?

[/html]
[html]

Though it should be obvious because she could not see, Heath did not know that she found his voice to be the equivalent to his eyes gracing her face for the first time in may days. Each time he looked upon her it was like being hooked into the depth of the electricity that connected them, again and again. He remembered when they shared nothing more then a curiosity, and then a deeper need to be near each other. It blossomed into a strength that seemed to handle anything that was thrown their way. Now, Heath felt a jolt each time he looked at her. A flutter in his stomach, a desire to be closer and a need to feel her soft fur. She had rebirth innocence within him, and he could not help but yearn to simply touch her hand.

Her words stopped his advance, and he took in each of them and found that he was confused. Knowing that she wouldn’t lie to him, Heath needed to process the news that she was giving him. Thin clothed arms found his form and as she hugged him he found his way out of the fog of surprise. Instantly he held her, his voice giving way to his shock and happiness. “Really?” He asked, having come to terms with the idea that he might just need to hide from Jac for the rest of his life. “He’s not going to snack me again?” His voice was filled with humor, and light heartedness. The male found it hard to think of a happier moment then this, knowing that together they were free from fear. And knowing that she fought for him.

Her concern was a rightful one, but Heath had a surprise for her. “Not to worry my Dauphine.” he spoke as he easily picked her up with a new energy that she instilled in him and bringing her right to the stallions saddle. “Stark knows the way, and I will ride Lumière. He is devout, and would follow her anywhere.” Just as he would follow her. “Trust me?” The male asked, his light and energy laced voice never faltering. He wished to know how she convinced the King that he was good for her, for there had been many times he thought he wasn’t. But he would try, again and again to prove to whom ever was looking that he was.

300+

[/html]
[html]

short post, sorry. ^_^

Ruri could only smile timidly and shake her head when Heath asked sarcastically whether Jac was going to smack him again. She had hated that Jac had felt the need to resort to brute force, and the fact that he would not do that to Heath ever again made her thankful. Her half-folded ears perked in surprise when Heath assured her not to worry and lifted off her porch all the way to Stark's saddle. "Wow, really?" she responded, in similar fashion to Heath's earlier inquiry. He had trained the gentle stallion to follow Lumiere so that she could ride him without fear. Delicate hands quickly found the horn on the western style saddle, in order to support herself. She could not tell where the reins were, nor did she want to try grabbing them. She did not know how to direct a horse, so she would let Stark do the driving."Of course I trust you. I trust you with my life," she replied, smiling sweetly as she reached down to pat Stark on the neck. She could not wait to take her second horse ride. She had loved the first one and this one would prove to be even more fun now that she was riding her own horse.

[/html]
[html]

:]

Stark didn’t move as Ruri settled herself in the saddle. She was a natural with the stallion. Her motions were calm and gentle, so subtle that many wouldn’t even notice. His gold eyes did not miss the way she sat strait, leaning forward only with purpose, how her hands moved smoothly over the horses muscled neck in a way that calmed any unease that might flicker in the stallion's dark eyes. Her words woke him from his thoughts, and he returned her smile. Heath touched her hand, holding it briefly before calling for the roan mare. Lumière strode with an energized purpose, excited to get riding. Heath saw a change in the mare when Ruri was around. Though she obeyed the coy-wolf, he could see that she watched the collie, her eyes moving with her higher pitched voice.

He sung a leg over the worn saddle and guided the mare back to the stallion that held the merle woman. The mare moved slowly, cautious around the horse and rider. Heath took the moment to watched her again, and then remembered he didn’t have a planned location for the pair. His light colored hand touched the stallion’s nose, once he was next to the two. The command was silent, and the horse moved with a small jolt and followed the mare as he always did. At first Heath was nervous that there was not connection between the two, and considered taking the lead from Stark. Instead he trusted the horse, and trusted that she would feel a negative change in the horse.

Reining Lumière, she slowed and the two walked beside each other. They moved through the trees, the sound of bells ringing fading in the distance. He wanted to talk about Jac, wanted to breach that uncomfortable gap and know that things were truly settled. Even though she had said they were, he could not shake the feeling completely. “I was nervous that I would be in hiding forever.” He commented, his tone still light but not filled with the same excited attitude.

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

Sounds of movement followed as she sat up straight once more. She could hear Heath mounting Lumiere and she sensed their presence as Heath rode his horse close to where Stark stood. Then, with little warning, Stark lurched forward leading Ruri to tighten her grip on the horn of the saddle in order to keep her balance. Stark's gait was, as usual, smooth and steady, though she could feel the power that lay sleeping within the stallion. She knew how fast he could run, Heath had shown her on their last ride together. Fortunately for her, Stark was well trained and would not readily dash off with her on his back. That gave her some assurance. The realization came slowly, but eventually Ruri grasped the concept that she was indeed riding a horse, all by herself without help. There was a sort of, puppish pride that welled up within the ivory and merle femme as she relaxed her grip on the saddle. She was doing something that most people would think impossible for a blind person. It was a tremendous feeling of accomplishment, as if she had taken another step towards being a capable, independent individual. She owed this feeling to Heath, for if he had not chosen this gentle horse for her to ride nor trained him to follow behind Lumiere, riding by herself would have been an impossibility.

This realization came just as Heath spoke once more. Snapped out of her day dream, Ruri's ears perked to listen more closely to Heath's words only to find herself smiling, thankful that what Heath had feared had not come true. "I'm sure you wouldn't have had to hide forever. Jac isn't one to hold grudges. I think he might consider them a waste of time. Why focus his thoughts on being angry at someone when he could be focusing his thoughts on having fun. That's generally how it seems to work," she explained, revealing a bit about her best friend's psyche to her beloved coy-wolf. "Still, I am glad that I was able to explain things to Jac. He might have forgotten why he was angry at you and he might have moved on, but the same thing would have happened again had he found the two of us together again. This way, though, we can all be happy. You both can be friends again, just like I was hoping," she confessed with an innocent, friendly smile on her face. It was true, things had all ended up like they were supposed to in her somewhat sugar-coated view of life.

[/html]
[html]

short ><; posting from work.

Heath often wondered how he managed to get where he was. There had been many things that heeded his progress in life, many his own emotional barriers. But, even with the lack of confidence, the need to place himself in risk-filled or dangerous situations, and the desire to prove himself could not keep him from winning the heart of the most caring female he had ever known. Life was different, now that he had Ruri. He was different. It was like she had turned a sleep piece of his mind on. The part that made him feel like he mattered and feel the need to be genuine. He watched as she rode, her face showing that she was pleasantly lost in dark world around her.

Her response made him smile, though in the past he would still be holding the grudge of that single free shot he had given the King. There hadn't been pain in his jaw for some time, and he didn't feel the rise of anger in his chest when he thought of the collie-man. Instead he pictured the silver hued fey, thought of why he had allowed it to happen and how he had showed that he could restrain himself. The two horse rode side by side and Heath looked over to the blue eyed Dauphine and suggested, "Maybe I should bring him a peace offering." Heath had a nice bottle of Vodka that he was happy to give away.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked, letting thoughts drift away from Jac. Heath wanted to take her where every she wished to go, no matter how near or far.

[/html]
[html]

Short posts, yay! Sorry for the delay

The blue merle dauphine was absolutely enamored with the experience of riding Stark. She really enjoyed it, especially because Heath was riding beside her. At his suggestion, Ruri couldn't help but smile. While she saw little point in Heath presenting Jac with an offering of any kind, the idea of Heath presenting Jac with a gift as a gesture of friendship appealed to her. If he was willing, she would certainly offer her approval. "I don't think you have to, but if you want to then I think that's very generous of you Heath. Jac always likes getting gifts, and I'm sure he'd appreciate the gesture very much." Her soprano voice rang with sincerity as she spoke, and when Heath asked another question she was ready with her answer. She had expected that he would ask her where she wanted to go. He was always so considerate. However, where they went didn't matter to her, so long as she was with the caring pack marshall. She could not see where they were going anyway, although she knew what each area felt like beneath her feet and how they smelled."How about the stables? I've always liked that place," she repied, her half-folded ears perked to listen for Heath's reaction. If he did not want to go to the stables she would be able to tell based upon his reaction and she would then offer a different suggestion. The delicate collie girl wanted Heath to be happy with the destination they chose. After all, if this was meant to be a date, they should both have fun.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Heath was settled on the matter, the bottle of Vodka would go to Jac. It was a good kind, strait from Russia and pure as Heath could ever imagine. It hardly burned on the way down and he never had a morning-after of headaches or stomach pains. The brand was his favorite, but he had settled on never drinking again. It wasn’t a noble habit to have, and the last time he had pouched Haven square in the jaw. It was time to grow up, to take his responsibilities seriously and enjoy live with a clear head.

These were the moment he wished to remember, and she was the one he yearned to spend with time with. Not a bottle. Let Jac enjoy the bottle while he enjoyed the company of the silver toned woman. Heath wore a small smile at the thought. Though his intensions were not angel pure, it was still a heartfelt attempt as making his relationship with the king work.

As she chose their location, Heath was slightly surprised. He had thought she would want him to sweep her away to a place far more romantic, but it did not mean he was at all disappointed. It was of course where he spent most of his time, and he was happy to show her around. The last time they had met among the horses Heath had just lost the large race and she had surprised him. They had spent little time meeting the other mustangs.

His tone was filled with animation; as it always was when around the sightless woman,
“Hold on, okay?” the man waited a moment for her acknowledgment and then pressing his heels into Lumière’s soft side. The stallion was not about to be left behind, and moved quickly to keep up with the two others. Heath took their slow trot to a canter, making their travel speedier and just a bit more exhilarating.

300+

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

A faint blush arose on the Ruri's face, though it was only visible on the white fur of her muzzle. She could only imagine that Heath was smiling about just being with her, and even though she was used to it, the realization still made her a bit giddy. With one hand she continued to clasp the horn of her saddle while her other hand busied itself with stroking Stark's long mane. She liked the way the stallion's hair felt to her sensitive fingers. Her ears were always focused in Heath's direction, listening to every sound he made. Hearing his breathing wasn't as wonderful as hearing his voice, but she enjoyed it was well. When he spoke, the blind fae noted his tone of excitement and she quickly obeyed his instructions, her hand moving to clasp the saddle once more as she heard Lumiere's pace speed up beside them only to feel Stark quickly move to match her pace. The strong stallion really was trained well. "Wow...this is amazing," she whispered, not really intending for anyone to hear but herself. However, she knew Heath would hear. They were both so interested in what one another was doing that each time one of them spoke the other was always listening, or so it seemed.

As the couple quickly neared the stables Ruri continued to revel in the experience of riding Stark. It was so strange to her, in her dark world, to be moving at such a pace without having her feet on solid ground moving beneath her. She would have thought she was dreaming if she had not been able to feel Stark's muscular body moving with each stride he took.

[/html]
[html]

The mare picked up her speed, and Heath allowed her to choose the pace as she wished. Stark would follow, without question. The hybrid had come to understand the stallion, and to trust him. History has told him not to allow anyone such a chance, to give so much and to truly trust. But, past months had opened him to the possibility, and slowly he had been able to give and receive. It started with Lumiere, though at the moment Heath had not know what sort of door she was opening for him. Ruri showed him, and though he was hard pressed to say it the blind woman was the first he had ever trusted, the first he had ever loved.

He was smiling, foolishly and without restraint. His chest radiated with warmth as she expressed her enjoyment, only wishing her happiness. The pair rode until he was forced to realize they had come to their destination with the slowing of the mare's pace. He had been watching the silver collie, and barely looking at the trail. Reins in hand Heath finally guided the mare towards the stables, slowing her to a stop and then dismounting with a fluid motion. Light steps brought him to the lady's side, and he looked up with soft honey eyes. "You know, I met your sister." he spoke, having wanting to tell her the fact for days. Heath took her hands, and placed them on his shoulder. His own went to her hips to help her off the horse. He was excited to know what she would think of him and the talkative little pup.

300+

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

The combined factors of the change in scent and the slowing pace of the horses immediately informed Ruri that they had arrived at their destination. The ivory and merle female took a moment to inhale the distinct smells of the stables and savor them. Her lips curved in a smile as she felt Stark come to a stop. Her keen ears heard the slight shuffling sound of Heath dismounting Lumiere, right before she felt his hands touch hers. She willingly allowed him to place her hands on his shoulders then to grab her by the hips, a feeling she had not quite gotten used to yet. Then, when he spoke Ruri's maw opened and a joyful giggle escaped. It sounded like the trilling song of a meadow lark, sweet and melodic, though it only lingered in the air for a moment."I'm glad. If you hadn't I was going to tell you about her today. I take it she told you everything about herself in great detail," she replied as Heath helped/lifted her from the saddle. It was no doubt obvious to Heath that Ruri's tendency to talk when excited or nervous was not unique to herself but a genetic trait among her family, what little of she knew. "She's a sweet girl. I look forward to getting to know her better as she gets older. She's had a tragic start to life, but she's got the best place to grow up right here in Cour des Miracles." The slender, tunic clad optime soon wrapped her arms around Heath's neck before shyly asking,"Did she fall prey to your charms as easily as I did?" Her tone was shaky, which lessened the intended effect of the words, not to mention Ruri was blushing bright red when she said them. She couldn't help but almost laugh at her attempt. Hopefully Heath would get a bit of a laugh out of it as well. The petite femme could already tell, without a doubt, Heath was smiling. Of course she could not see him, but the very fact that he had said so little on their ride to the stables led her to believe he had been smiling at her. They both tended to be silent when smiling. Silence was always welcome when they were just enjoying one another's company.

[/html]
[html]

Heath guided her off the horse’s back, laughing as she sang out in surprise. Even the smallest of sounds that she made, the weakest of words, were music to his ears. His and any others. Her voice was one that he had never heard before, and though she had only sung to him once Heath could replay the lyrics in his mind and remember the tone of her sweet voice again and again. He also laughed when she spoke of her small sister. Of course the pup had told him almost everything he could ever know about her. Ruri made it to the ground and brought her arms around his neck. Gold eyes looked own into the bright pale blue that she held. His light toned hand held her back, palm against the fabric of her shirt. It was soft, but not as pleasant to the touch as the velvet of her fur coat. To the male there was nothing as pleasing as letting his fingers get lost in the silver warmth of her pelt.

Her words were hesitant, but playful and Heath felt her face change into a different sort of smile. His mind could wander, if he let it, to a place where they had once been. Alone and in a darkness that was more settling then it was unnerving. Together on the bed she slept upon each night. Their hearts pulled to separate ends of the world and yearning to be together. He found comfort then, confessing his love and exposing his heart to her, as he did now as she hugged him and spoke. Heath allowed her thoughts to pass over that memory lightly, and then spoke.
“I’m happy to say it takes someone extraordinary to see my charm.” His response was lighthearted, though he meant it. She was special, and he would never think otherwise.

Heath kissed her cheek, stealing a feel of the cashmere of her fur along his lips before taking hold of her hand.
“I fear she found me boring. And unable to answer her questions.” the mountain that the small pup had. They were never ending, as were her opinions. He spoke with a more serious but mater of fact tone. He wasn’t concerned, just confused by the small creature. He had certainly tried.

300+

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

Ruri smiled when Heath kissed her on her cheek. The warm spark that coursed through her petite form was one of the best feelings she had ever experienced. It wasn't as pleasant as when she had kissed him on the lips, but it still made her close her eyes and blush, just enjoying the few milli-seconds that the kiss lasted. Pupil-less orbs reopened and focused in Heath's direction, along with her keen ears. His response about how it took a special person to see his charms had also contributed to the warm feeling she felt, and the feeling was bound to linger as she listened to him describe his view of what Sylvie thought about him."I'm sure she found you interesting. She might not have shown it, but I'd bet she'll tell me all about how she met you the next time she sees me. " Her explanation was based on the little experience she had had with pups. They always seemed to fein boredom or dislike until someone else comes along, then whatever they were doing would become the most interesting and glorious pass-time since the discovery of air. "She said I look a lot like our mother. I...I don't want to be anything like that horrible woman. I almost died because of her and yet I look like her. I mean...I can't see to know what I look like, but the thought that I might share anything more than blood with that woman...I know it's mean of me, but I hate it. I hate her. I'm sorry, I don't like hating anyone, but...it's so hard not to hate her." She confessed. She had been brooding over her re-surfaced hatred of her mother ever since that day she had met Sylvie. Heath, as usual, had been the available and willing person for her to confess her problem to. Now she could get on with their date. "Sylvie and I both seem to talk a lot when we're upset. It must be hereditary. I'm sorry. How about you give me a more thorough tour of the stables?" she inquired, hoping that she would be able to re-ignite the fire that she had just accidentally doused.

[/html]
[html]

.. maybe she can find their new friend!! xD

Heath understood little when it came to youngsters, never having really been around a pack that had many. If his past pack had any, he had been too busy doing adventured exploration activities instead of hanging about the den to see the newborns. He had been young, arrogant and unappreciative of even the greatest of favors. Heath saw this all to clearly now.

He couldn’t help but smile and laugh silently as her words, he was sure that he was boring. He spoke far too much of horses and stables. His mind was always among the hay and barley that he shoveled too often and aspiring to learn more and more. It seemed that his mind had two lanes, Horses and Ruri. He found himself wondering whom she was making the excuses for, the innocent pup or him. “I hope she liked me.” The male confessed, his voice a little weak but his smile remaining.

It was not just her voice that told him of the change in the collie woman. His face hardened, instantly concerned that she was unhappy. Her mother? The thought of a beast wearing her pelt hurting a small pup was unbelievable, and those words did not sound right coming from her sweet voice. It upset her remembering her mother, just it pained him to think of his father. Neither had cared to treat them as if they were worth more then the dirt they walked upon. Heath let his fingers touch the fur of her arm, returning to hold her hand and squeeze it tightly as they walked.

“Don’t apologize.” He said with a harder tone then before. She didn’t want to dislike anything, accepted everyone who walked through her life, and had never rejected anyone no matter their faults. She was allowed one ill thought. “You are nothing like her, and would never do anything like that.” he assured her.

They moved along, and Heath was quick to pick up the notion to let the topic fall behind with their paw prints. His smile returned, and he led her along the horse stalls and more happily remarked, “There are plenty of horses to meet, Haven’s stallion is over here. “

300+

[/html]
[html]

In my next post ;P Don't worry it will come. We still have to think of a name for the little critter.

Heath's words of encouragement did much to ease the delicate border collie's nerves. Surely he was right. After all, he was one of the two people besides herself who knew her best. If he believed it was okay for her to be upset at her mother, just her mother, then that must have meant it was okay. As the unsavory topic fell to the ground, not to be picked up again, soft, ivory-furred fingers clasped the hand of her beloved as he led her gently down the row of stables. He mentioned that Haven's stallion was nearest and her half-folded ears perked up. Haven had told her his stallion's name. In fact, she had recited it to him just a few days beforehand. What was it? Drogon, that was it! "I remember him, his name's Drogon. The fastest horse in Cour des Miracles, or at least he was on the day of the race. Perhaps Lumiere will break his record next year," she remarked, not wanting to wound Heath's pride by declaring that Drogon was undefeatable. Heath surely would win at the next race.

With each step that the pair took towards Drogon's stall, Ruri's sensitive ears began to detect the faint sounds of rustling at the end of the seemingly large, stable building. However, it didn't sound like the rustling or rats, for the padfalls were too heavy, if only just. Her abnormally heightened hearing could barely detect the difference, but it was there. However, she would not draw attention to it now. They were still several paces from the source of the sound. There was no need to mention it and spoil her introduction to the stallion of her knightly friend.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Heath remembered when he had first met Ruri, and how he had thought that she was the kindest soul he had ever known. There had been no day that ever told him otherwise, and each moment he spent with her only reinforced that ideal. Knowing that she held anger for another creature did nothing to those thoughts, for he knew she didn’t want her mother to fall victim to misfortune. He was sure it was only the same hatred that he felt for his own father. Though Heath himself wanted to see the scarred beast’s face twist in pain. But that was his own rage that he had leashed some time ago, nothing like that existed within the beautiful collie woman.

But now they would look to the horses and to the stables to distract them from their discontented pasts. He watched the change in her face, smiling in the knowledge that she was no longer settled on the thought of her mother. Her words of Drogon made Heath forget as well, and a cocked smile was worn. He remembered that day, but it wasn’t the race that filled his mind. Instead he thought again of the time she had told him she loved him. Heath could never forget that day. “She wont be happy to loose again.” Heath spoke with a light tone. The roan mare would be ready to race, and ready to win.

The coy-wolf never noticed the small footfalls that pattered beyond the corner of the stable. Neither sound nor scent distracted him from the pale eyed woman.

[/html]
[html]

ooc...

Ruri smiled as Heath remarked about Lumiere being determined to win next time. If anyone would know what his horse was thinking it was Heath. He was able to read them like books, quite a useful talent for the Marshal of the pack to possess. As they neared the end of the row of stables, the ivory and merle woman finally turned the corner to discover what it was that had been making all of that rustling noise. Surely Heath could hear it now, for they were close enough that she no longer had to focus on the sound.

The rustling was coming from a pile of hay in the corner of the stable building, Ruri could feel the pile of dried plant matter beneath her feet as she slowly moved away from Heath to investigate. "I know something's over hear, but I can't figure out what it is. I can smell it too, but I don't know what it is" she thought out loud, now intent on finding whatever this creature was. Even for a blind girl, investigating strange things was highly enjoyable. Even if she would not be able to see what it was that she was looking for she would still search. It only took her a few moments to discover the source of the rustling, which announced itself with a high-pitched 'mew'! before sniffing curiously at the white furred hand that cautiously reached to touch it.

This creature was none other than a kitten. It's fur was thick and fluffy, and orange like flames with darker stripes of the same color running in a random pattern over its form. The small feline's eyes were a deep green, and it's tiny, pointed ears, donned little tufts of fur. After sniffing Ruri's hand for a good minute or two, the small feline seemed to realize that it was in no danger and it jumped out of the haystack to go and investigate the other large creature that was standing behind this friendly one. It's long tail twitched in curiosity as it clumsily traipsed across the floor until it was by Heath's feet, where it quickly started to mew and carefully analyze the coy-wolf. Was this one safe too?

Of course, having discovered the source of the sound Ruri giggled as she listened to the small kitten mewing at Heath. It sounded to her like it was introducing itself though she could not by any means determine what it was saying."It seems that this little one decided that the stables were a fun place to play. It's a cat, isn't it? I believe Firefly has one that she calls Elroy, though I've never been able to get close enough to touch it." Ruri commented, sitting atop the haystack while the kitten continued to investigate Heath. THe silver and ivory female only wanted to listen to what Heath would do with the small creature.

[/html]