When the day comes, look into my eyes
[html]

ooc...

Sounds of movement followed as she sat up straight once more. She could hear Heath mounting Lumiere and she sensed their presence as Heath rode his horse close to where Stark stood. Then, with little warning, Stark lurched forward leading Ruri to tighten her grip on the horn of the saddle in order to keep her balance. Stark's gait was, as usual, smooth and steady, though she could feel the power that lay sleeping within the stallion. She knew how fast he could run, Heath had shown her on their last ride together. Fortunately for her, Stark was well trained and would not readily dash off with her on his back. That gave her some assurance. The realization came slowly, but eventually Ruri grasped the concept that she was indeed riding a horse, all by herself without help. There was a sort of, puppish pride that welled up within the ivory and merle femme as she relaxed her grip on the saddle. She was doing something that most people would think impossible for a blind person. It was a tremendous feeling of accomplishment, as if she had taken another step towards being a capable, independent individual. She owed this feeling to Heath, for if he had not chosen this gentle horse for her to ride nor trained him to follow behind Lumiere, riding by herself would have been an impossibility.

This realization came just as Heath spoke once more. Snapped out of her day dream, Ruri's ears perked to listen more closely to Heath's words only to find herself smiling, thankful that what Heath had feared had not come true. "I'm sure you wouldn't have had to hide forever. Jac isn't one to hold grudges. I think he might consider them a waste of time. Why focus his thoughts on being angry at someone when he could be focusing his thoughts on having fun. That's generally how it seems to work," she explained, revealing a bit about her best friend's psyche to her beloved coy-wolf. "Still, I am glad that I was able to explain things to Jac. He might have forgotten why he was angry at you and he might have moved on, but the same thing would have happened again had he found the two of us together again. This way, though, we can all be happy. You both can be friends again, just like I was hoping," she confessed with an innocent, friendly smile on her face. It was true, things had all ended up like they were supposed to in her somewhat sugar-coated view of life.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread