take this to your grave
This table might be my favorite. -rolls on it- And this thread is actually starting on the outskirts of Inferni, but I thought since they're going to Halifax I could put the thread there. Mm.

[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ssnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

It was outside the borders of Inferni, and the morning was at its midlife. Snake had risen early this morning, as he had gone to sleep early last night. He had been bored—there was really nothing for him to do, and he had been in an antisocial mood lately. This morning, however, was slightly different. He had woken up with many thoughts buzzing around in his head, and they galvanized him to move towards the boundaries. He passed the rows of skulls on their perches and came to a perch of his own—he nimbly leaped atop a tall, dark boulder and sat.

He watched the sun move for a few minutes, thinking about nothing. But then the thoughts began to trickle into his consciousness unbidden. The shell necklace around his neck felt heavy as he remembered the general rumblings of a trespasser in Inferni that had reached his ears. Call it a hunch, but Snake had went on a hunt, looking for the scents. It hadn’t surprised him to find that the scent was that of Daisuke. Snake knew that, when he had been warning him, the golden wolf hadn’t been listening. He knew that the coyotes hadn’t killed the trespasser, but he wasn’t sure how worse for wear his friend was. For all he knew, whatever wounds he might have gotten became infected and he had died or something.

A very unfamiliar knot began to form in Snake’s insides—something that vaguely resembled worry. It was something completely new to him, for he had never really grown attached to anyone enough to ever worry if they were well or not. Apparently he had made an exception in this case. Idiotic, the coyote thought in a moment of cynicism. Entrusting a friendship to a wolf. He had been attacked by two wolves since he was here, both for no good reason. Why should he worry about one of them?

Oh, but Daisuke had been much more different than them. There was a sense of innocence in him that was curious to Snake, and he found himself wishing that nothing bad had really befallen the wolf. So, after a moment’s hesitation, he lifted his muzzle and let out a harsh coyote call, generally calling to his lupine friend. Then, feeling somewhat foolish, he remained on the boulder and waited.

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]

Messages In This Thread