steel and glass
[html]

Shall we perhaps wrap this one up soon?

The commentfrom the Chance woman made Ruri smile, nodding her head in thanks,"I appreciate that Princess, thanks," she replied, bending down again to pet her cat who had just brushed up against her after having greeted Princess properly. The question that Princess asked made Ruri giggle somewhat. It was another thing she rarely thought about. Did she ever wish she could see? Half-folded ears perked forward and the petite woman stood up again, facing the Dreamer girl, "Hmmm, I guess I do sometimes, but hardly ever. Like I said, I've never known anything other than being blind, so I'm not sure if I'd like being able to see or if it would just confuse me. I think what I'm saying is that I learned a long time ago to be content with how I was born." Her words were genuine. She meant everything she said wholeheartedly. She could not say that she never wished to see, for she did sometimes. Sometimes she wished she could see her mate's face, the face of her best friends and those that she cared about. Then again, she didn't want to, because she liked knowing them in her own special way.

The lautari listened eagerly as Princess recounted what she knew about Haven's family. It was not much, but Ruri enjoyed listening just the same. Ruri could understand getting off on the wrong foot with someone's family. The blind collie woman was constantly plagued with worries about her best friend Jac and his dislike of her mate Heath. She refused to let that bother her now though.

When the conversation again turned to her, Ruri was ready. After all, Ruri had just asked about the family of their mutual friend. It only made sense that Princess would want to know about hers. "The only blood relation who lives up here in these lands is my little sister, Sylvie Ciel. Like me, she was abandoned by our mother at an early age, set adrift in a small buoy that managed to drift up the coast to these lands. However, the one who raised me, is the King, Jacquez Trouillefou. Of course, then there is my mate Heath and all of my friends. So, I suppose you could say that I have lots of family up here," Ruri replied, spreading her arms out briefly to add to the magnitude of her statement. Her pack was her family.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread