steel and glass
[html]

ooc...

With Princess' inquiry, the silver and ivory Border collie shifted in place slightly, moving her foot-paws from their current spot in the snow. Her thoughts travelled back to that day a few weeks ago when Haven had come to visit her when she was confined to her house because of her injury. She had asked Haven what had been going on and he had told her he had met a girl. She hadn't really pressed him for much information after that, for which she was almost thankful. If she had she would now be facing a dilemma about how much or how little to tell Princess. While the lautari did not wish to be secretive, she also did not want to reveal anything that her friend might have wanted to stay private. Of course, seeing as he had not said anything of that kind Ruri was able to comfortably reply, "He did not tell me much, only that he had met you. I think that was about it." As her words left her mouth, the water in her breathe condensed into a foggy vapor, making it appear like she was breathing smoke.

Half-folded collie ears perked up in interest at the Dreamer's comment about Haven's tendency to save lives. While she did not know the extent of Haven's relationship to this girl, she could only guess that they were quite close friends already. The delicate lautari's sensitive ears could hear the sincerity in the other woman's words. It was in Ruri's nature to look out for her friends, and after what had happened with Siobhan the blind woman was subconsciously analyzing Princess. She had told Haven that he would find true love, and she was going to do her best to make sure he didn't get taken advantage of again. However, for all Ruri consciously knew she was just getting to know Princess. She wanted to be her friend.

By now Ruri's hands had sufficiently warmed up again and she had unfolded her arms, but just as she did so Princess asked her if she was cold. Ruri gave an embarrassed smile and a small giggle, shifting in her place a bit. She had no idea how people could always tell when she was cold. Since she could not see herself folding her hands, or moving her feet to keep them warm the thought did not occur to her that she was giving blatant visual cues. These were things that a blind person did not think of. When her timidity finally faded Ruri responded,"Yeah, I am a bit chilly. I usually keep warm by moving around a lot, but since we've been standing still I guess it's a bit difficult for me to keep warm. Would it be too much trouble if we continued our conversation inside my house?" she inquired, turning and pointing in the direction of the windchimes and bells that blew in the cold, winter wind. At the moment they were only a few hundred yards away from Ruri's house, and they could be inside with the warm fire in a minute or two. She certainly wasn't ready to end their conversation and she was glad that Princess wanted to get to know her as well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread