A stranger's request (j)
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ntable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Word Count: 589

you have to believe in yourself

He stood there for a while, occasionally trying how much weight the foot could handle, as well as trying to ease the throbbing weariness of the muscles in the healthy leg. He could stand on both of them, but not while distributing his weight evenly. For a second he contemplated sitting down, but if he was unlucky the leadership — or whoever greeted him — might not approve of such. Sitting down could signalize that he had sort of settled a little here already, and they might look down upon such behavior. If he wanted a chance to heal here, he better stay up. Testing the foot every so often had another function as well; he needed to make sure it was still working okayish, because if this pack turned him down he would have to walk far to find another one. He'd seen mountains further north when atop hills and such, when making his way over here, and he wondered if there even were any more packs after this one in that direction. Perhaps, if he was turned down, the wiser thing to do would be to turn back. Though, even if they would not take him, maybe they could point him in the direction of someone who could. Either way, Semyon did not see how he could lose completely in this situation, even if he was not allowed among the ranks of this group.

He was just about to try his injured foot again when his nostrils warned him that someone was approaching. Intrigued, he lifted his nose and let his eyes wander in front of him, and to his sides, until his ears located from which direction she was coming. For it was a she, he could tell by her scent. Turning his body, he made certain that he stood face to face with her when she came into view in front of him. And when she did, he almost lifted an eyebrow at her appearance, for he had never before seen a stranger pelt than hers. As she moved closer she stated that he was out of luck, but he merely wrinkled his eyebrows a moment at that, and did not comment. The teasing comment fell off and left him untouched, for he did not understand the context. He had worried about losing face, yes, but had not expressed any such worry and as she approached him he had focused entirely of her. Not understanding completely, he simply ignored it, and focused on what she said next as she stoped at a comfortable distance from her. He gave her a polite nod before he presented his case for her, his voice powerful and masculine enough in itself, in addition to his looks. Semyon was burly and large for his species, but he did not wish to frighten this female, and so he tried to restrain the volume of his voice, and spoke in a friendly way, finishing his sentence off with a polite smile and another nod. "Hello. My name is Semyon, Semyon Terho, and my leg is injured. I am hoping I can stay here until it has healed, or else I fear I could become a cripple for life." Pausing, he glanced downwards to the leg and subconsciously demonstrated the extent of the injury as he tried for a moment to rest his weight on it. He winced, and continued. "I will of course repay your pack for the favor." This female seemed pleasant enough, and so his hopes for finding help here were raised.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread