A stranger's request (j)
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ntable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Ah sorry, I didn't see that that question he didn't answer was dialogue, the second question, because I thought you had just forgotten to change the color after the first one :p
Word Count: 646

you have to believe in yourself

He had been on his best behavior, though his brow wrinkled in confusion for a moment as she sent him a remark, delivered in an icy voice that he had not expected. Well, he had never accused them of running a hospital either. Quite frankly, he wasn't entirely sure what a hospital was! Nevertheless, he did not understand, and he had made it clear that he would repay them, had he not? Semyon did not understand; clearly, these individuals were different from himself and the culture he was used to. She went on to stress that he had to stay there and serve for the good of their pack and he was again confused for the same reason — had he not already said he would repay them for their goodness if they took him in? He could not stay, and would not stay longer than it took him to pay them back, nor could she ask this of him. Wondering if he should be annoyed or not, he let it go; this female was much younger than him, but for all he knew she could still very well be highly ranked, and he should be courteous no matter what if he wished to stay here. Just seconds after that thought appeared in his head, she gave him the answer; she was not of a rank to decide his fate. Nevertheless, he remained calm and maintained a friendly attitude and stance, answering her with a short sentence, but not unpleasantly so. Smiling, he nodded at her as he spoke. "I see."

She asked him how it had happened, and he very nearly grimaced. Deciding against blaming an attack, he wanted to try to compose a sentence that might not reveal it all; something ambiguous, or at least not as telling as simply saying it outright. But, there were few ways to say "I fell" without saying "I fell", so he told her bluntly, and decided to forget this ordeal at a later stage. Still, he had no intention of elaborating. "An accident. Not a big thing, but the foot seems to be sick, too, now." By sick, he meant infected but he had no knowledge of such things, and no words to decribe it. He chuckled as she chose words that reflected how much closer to youth she was than he, but it was a small chuckle, and it was not meant in a bad way. "Hehe, I'll be good. If there's anything you can do, it'd be great. I've been walking on it for days now and it's beginning to be bad enough for me to ask for help." He was a fighter; a warrior, and one with great pride, too. Him stopping to ask for help from anyone at all was a big thing. The female moved closer and handed him some snow to press on the foot, and he did so and smiled politely, though he had already done this and knew that it did nothing to help him. Of course, yes, it could numb his foot, but it took too long and every time he had done so the burning pain returned in full and then some. She said something about helping him further after he had spoken to the "Rosen", and he was delighted to hear this. He did not know their ranks, but by the way she spoke the word he guessed the Rosen must be their leader, if not the alpha himself. "Thank you, that's very kind of you." He stood slightly bent, too weary to actually lift the foot up high enough to stand up properly while he cooled it with snow. Thinking to make small-talk, he voiced his curiosity in the form of a question about this Rosen person. "So.. the Rosen, this is the highest of your ranks?" Whoever it was, Semyon hoped he would arrive soon.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread