A stranger's request (j)
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ntable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Word Count: 673

you have to believe in yourself

She warmed up eventually, and as the subject was changed to his foot, he glanced downwards. She spoke, too, of coming here win an injury, and his ears moved on their own accord, reflecting the curiosity that rose in him. Looking up at her as she spoke, he looked down on his leg again when she finished. No, he reconked he couldn't hunt well like this either, though traveling on his own had taught him many tricks. Semyon was not exactly lazy, but when it came to food he would rather spend as little energy as possible to catch it — this was what enabled him to spend this energy honing his skills instead. Grown up in a pack at constant war, he was more familiar with a warrior way through life than anything else. He might be able, still, to be useful to this pack even though he was injured, by setting traps or making them traps that they could set out, and the like. But usually, packs did not use traps as much; they didn't need to, they had each other. He nodded at the strange female's words and commented on his own wound, and at the same time asked her about hers. It was good to hear that they had allowed her to stay, that meant his chances were good. "I'm hoping I can still help bringing in food, though my leg is injuerd. I.. have my ways," he winked at her with a smile before he continued. "You said you were injured, as well? How did that come about?" He was merely making small-talk while they waited. If she did not want ot answer, she only had to tell him; she was in charge of this situation, not he.

She started revealing the personality of the Rosen, yet did not directly answer his question. Then again, she didn't deny his loose assumption, and so he figured he must be right. By the way she spoke of him, it sounded very much like this was this packs' leader anyway. He nodded his head and gave her his full attention; all of this information could prove very valuable indeed. Honesty and strength seemed to be enough for this guy, long as one did not offend him, or at least that was what Semyon could take from it. It seemed only fair that anyone leading a pack would demand respect and obedience from their underlings, and especially underlings-to-be. Semyon knew that just from his training he could be of value to them; hardly any pack turned down the opportunity to take in a fully trained warrior. Still, the male intended to make it completely clear that he was not settling here; it would be the only respectful thing to do. However, him and this Rosen might be able to work out a deal right here, that would satisfy him. This would be the best option. "Thank you," he said, bluntly, gratefuly for her words of advice.

They were down to small-talk again to pass the time, and she offered him one of the standard questions of social convention. "hello, how are you, what do you do, where are you from?". He had never understood why their kind was so enthusiastic about these questions, but he used them himself. They fit in, and they were good ice-breakers. "I've traveled from the south-west, far, far down along the coast, for at least three years now. Sometimes I stop by a pack for a period of time, maybe to help them or to get some variation, but usually I'm on my way again not too long after." "Not too long" meant a maximum of maybe three or so months. He had never stayed longer than seven months, and that had been a very long time. Hadn't it been for a certain female, that stay would have been much shorter. "And I suppose you have also come here from somewhere else?" She said she had arrived here with an injury, too. Perhaps she was also a traveler.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread