A stranger's request (j)
[html]
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ntable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Word Count: 439

you have to believe in yourself

She told him of herself, of her injury and her own travels, and his head bobbed up and down as he politely gave her his attention and ear. Indeed, a deer's hooves could be fatal to a wolf, even more so if she had been unshifted. Certainly, it had to have been a painful ordeal, though her injury was slightly less embarrassing than his own. More than slightly; he had simply injured himself. He did not comment further than simple sentences such as "I see" and "M-hm" and other minor phrases that had a place in conversation patterns just to signalize that he was paying attention. When she asked him a question, however, Semyon was cut short as a large male entered the scene, silence and blue gaze penetrating their conversation. Part of him was happy he did not have to elaborate this issue for her, for he knew that many might not understand his line of thinking. This was not something he spent a long time contemplating, however (in fact none), seeing as the male's presence made it clear that he was both the person Semyon should be adressing now, and immediately. This male did not look as if he would wait for him.

Semyon bent forward in the best kind of a bow-like gesture he could manage while supporting himself to the tree. His face was calm and he looked the male into his eyes as he spoke, not afraid. Semyon was rarely afraid. "I assume you are the Rosen. My name is Semyon, and I have found myself in a not-so lucky position." He gestured with his hand towards the leg before he continued. "My leg is injured, and I seek a place to rest while it heals." He wondered if he should tell the male right now that he did not intend to become a permanent addition to their ranks, or if he should wait and see which questions the Rosen might have for him. Deciding on the last option, he continued swiftly. "I would of course repay you and your pack for this should you be gracious enough to aid me, and I would stay for as long as it is necessary, until you are satisified with my efforts." Giving the male now a small smile, Semyon's hand went subconsiously to the weapons in his belt, his strange knives, war-sling and hunting knife, for this kind was the kind of "efforts" he had in mind. Any pack with half a brain would regard safety as an important issue, and he had yet to be turned away from a pack in need of such services.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread