Nursing scars and a vengence
(OOC: Is this happening before, or after the meeting of war?)

Vark paused, turning his head slightly to one side. He could detect the faintest scent, though the wind was blowing towards the source, not away, and the wind was carrying the scent away before Vark could get a fix on it. Vark cocked an ear as he heard a faintest pawfall on damp leaves. Vark stopped altogether, peering fruitlessly into the gloom before him. Vark began to feel the roots of nervousness and fear knot in his belly, and Vark began to imagine ghastly shapes in the shadows, of all manner of creatures lurking there, ready for him to come forward.

Vark stopped himself, and closed his eyes. He stood taller, and used his better senses, and became more aware of his surroundings. Leaves blew and skittered across the damp ground. Twigs creaked and broke occasionally. Vark became aware of the deeper, constant sound a tree made in its trunk, when in flexed ever so slightly to bend to the wind. Vark could tell the distances, and became aware of his surroundings, down to a whole in the ground between two roots to the right and slightly behind him, where it was making a faint whistling noise. Vark breathed a deep breath, a breath of calm. He opened his eyes

A huge chocolate male suddenly burst from the surrounding trees, his jaws snapping inches from Vark's nose. Vark's entire body twitched, where he automatically went to flee, but checked himself. Even so, he let out an involuntary whimper, and stepped back a few paces.

The huge male asked why he was here. Vark stood tall, and lowered his tail. Varks ears came to settle rested back against his head, in a sign of respect and humbleness. Vark was amazed to note, even with his own damaged eye sight, that the male had bright blue eyes.
"Sire...." Vark hesitated. He was unsure of his confronter's rank in society. Vark sniffed. The male had a manner and posture of one who was used to being obeyed and respected. The term 'Sire' seemed well placed then.
"Sire," Vark repeated. "I... I um..." Vark's tail drooped slightly. "I'm scared." He said quietly. He went on to explain that his parents had been killed by coyotes, his mother while they were fleeing for these lands. Vark gathered himself and stood tall, though he was tiny compared to the huge male.
"I want to join your pack." He said with the blunt and straight forward approach known for his age. "I want to hurt coyotes." Vark fished around for something he could offer. "I'm good at sneaking! And scenting! I can fight too!" Vark said. "I'm brave! I'm..."

Messages In This Thread