Nursing scars and a vengence
(OOC: Shall I actually ask for Conor or Susquehanna? or will we finish this here? Smile If I walk up to the house, perhaps they could scent me coming and greet me, that is, if we're going to continue. )

As they travelled further and further into the lands of the Dahlia de Mai, Vark became more and more aware of houses and other such buildings that slowly came into view. The number of scents became very noticeable. Many of the Dahlia de Mai must live here, thought Vark. Some of the houses even had smoke coming from their chimneys. The large, chocolate male spoke, and Vark pricked his ears to listen. Vark dipped his head in respect and thanks, and repeated the names to make sure he would remember. Vark briefly put his muzzle to the ground, before he caught the scent which Haku spoke of. One particular smell stood out of all the others. It was laced with various hints of herbs and, cleanliness. The were also hints of linen, or a cloth of some sort. Vark believed this to be the scented trail. Vark looked up at his leader.
"Thank you, Haku." Vark dipped his head, pinned his ears back and lowered his tail, all in a sign of respect and gratitude. He then promptly turned and trotted off into the cluster of buildings, muzzle to the ground.
The scent was pretty much everywhere, but there was only one major scent, and Vark followed it confidently. Vark paused. He could now see the house from which the herby scent was coming from. A couple of houses down was another, small house. Vark trotted towards the door, to see that it was hanging open. Judging from the old scents in it, no one had set foot inside for quite some time. Vark made a quick reconnaissance trip around the house. It was small, and empty. Vark considered living by himself, somewhere away from the inhabited areas, but the thought of being alone was a bit scary. Vark looked up at the house, taking in its blurry outline. Perhaps he could live there. Vark made a decisive snuff through his nose, before turning, and followed the trail up to the scented house.

Messages In This Thread