Baby Steps to Independance, A Pup's First Memory
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Hey all! I've been adopted into the pack by the virtue of Xeris and Pendzez.

The occasional ray of sunlight broke through the clouds. Somewhere in the trees a raven cried its bitter cry. Free of cares or worry, unconcerned with the realities of war, a young Luperci pup was tearing through the snow like a lightning bolt. His snow-white fur would have rendered him nearly invisible against the white powder on the ground if he were capable of staying still for more than two seconds. Delwyn Zazkex was a model of innocence and wonder. A nearby rustling perked his ears up with curiosity. Without a moment's hesitation he tore over to the source of the noise.

Luckily for the pup, it wasn't a hungry predator: in this case it was a scrawny hare. The long eared vermin froze with terror at the engergetic pup's rapid approach. "Hello there!" Delwyn yipped. The hare said nothing. "Why are your ears so big?" Asked the pup. Without waiting for a response (which is just as well, because there wasn't going to be one), the pup continued: "Do you know my mama? Is there any food back there? Do you live in a cabin too? What's your name?" The hare finally decided it wasn't in any danger, and scampered off. Delwyn cocked his head curiously for a moment, before losing interest and gnawing on a nearby stump.

The noon-day sun was muffled by the ever-present gray of winter, but the small glade Delwyn had found was naturally bright and inviting. The tiny luperci had wandered off further than he'd ever been from Xeris' cabin, which would surely worry his mother, but the hyperactive tyke hardly thought to consider that his actions would have consequences. In fact, it didn't even occur to him that all the noise he was making would surely nearby attract attention...

[/html]

Messages In This Thread