one of my turns [p. j.]
[html]

<3! 300+ words.

As she waited, the girl shifted her weight nervously from one side of her body to the other, crossing her arms underneath her breasts tightly, as if they were the only things keeping her from falling apart. She was growing more and more anxious with every passing moment. When she had imagined doing this, she had pictured herself striding to Haven's door, leaning against the door frame, and asking lightly, "Have room for one more?" Of course that was not how it would go. Nothing ever seemed to go as smoothly as it did in her imagination, and the wait for Haven was driving her crazy. Maybe this had been a bad idea, and maybe she still had time to leave quickly without anyone even realizing she had been there. Her howl would have tipped them off, though, and Haven knew she was there. She couldn't leave now, no matter how nervous she was. What if he turned her away?

What was really not that long felt like hours, but when he finally arrived, out of breath and panting, Princess finally released the breath that she had not realized she was holding. Her confidence was slowly coming back to her now that he was here, surprisingly. Princess was so relieved that he had come that she couldn't help but giggle at his haggard breathing and speech, quickly covering her mouth with one hand to stifle the sound. Golden eyes travelled to the bags as his did, and her nerves flared again. This was it, the moment she'd come here for. "Well. . . I've been thinking, you know. And talking to Savina and Anu, too. . . And I realized, I can't come be with you if I didn't bring my things," she added, tone nervous despite her feeble attempts at a smile. She wanted to seem cool and collected, but she did not think she was exactly achieving that. She hoped he would pick up on her meaning.

Table by Me!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread