you stand there shaking in the pew
[html]

me's toos! 300+

There was never an end to the similarities Kansas saw between himself and his daughter. It was almost eerie, their resemblance of demeanor — but he liked that she had taken after him. She had possessed this reserved persona since her earliest days, when her nature was just beginning to bloom; and children did not imprint so early, they couldn't. In such a case, Kansas suspected that he would have turned out like Phoenix, his father being his only reliable example for the better part of his own childhood. But he was nothing like his proud father. Cambria's shared influence made him think that there was something more... like perhaps he had given a part of his spirit to her. Such things could be considered so foolish, but he liked to think about them, to think of the magic in Life.

He was glad that she liked to stick around home (another attribute they shared); it meant he did not have to worry about her quite as much as the other two, convenient since he had grown especially protective of his meek little girl. But over time he had also come to trust her inner strength, a strength that was more than he'd ever been able to boast of. She expressed that strength in her willingness to confide in him. He felt wonderful hearing her speak of what troubled her. "Forgiveness takes time." He couldn't tell her when she must forgive Ehno. It was her choice entirely. Kansas just believed that it would come to her at the right time.

An explanation of her hesitance came at her final words, when she revealed the truth of this person's gender. Kansas was surprised, but he was also happy. Now he understood part of what seemed to be holding her back, and now he wanted to gently coax her forward. He had an idea now of who she was talking about, and was very, very hopeful that he was right. She was a wolf he could trust to be good to Cambria. "Or maybe she likes you, too. She could be shy," His little girl was now a young woman whose beauty was positively radiant. Perhaps this person could scarcely handle it. "I think you should talk to her, sweetie. Tell her how you feel... I know that's kind of hard, but you could do it. You're... strong."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread