you stand there shaking in the pew
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nzoban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
someday I'll reply to this in a decent amount of time x.x 300+

She was glad to be like her father. The girl had never expected to be strong or outgoing or any of those traits most people valued. It just hadn't been in her to be those things. She wasn't like her mother in those ways, but that was okay. Deficiency might have been a worry that plagued her younger days, but as she had grown she had come to see that there was nothing wrong with the way she was. Her sea foam eyes saw more things too, things that she had missed as a pup. Yes, her mother was strong, but there were things that even wore her down. No matter what though, her dad was always there for her, just as he was always there for all of them. It was a different kind of strength, a different kind of usefulness, and she hoped that someday she could be that kind of support to those around her as Kansas was to their family.

If Cambria didn't have him to talk to she didn't know what she would do. There were few that, in situations such as these, she felt comfortable confiding in. Her father was always at the top of the list though. Not only did he comfort her, but he always had words of wisdom to share with his daughter. Things that made sense to her that might not coming from any other mouth. It was because she trusted him completely and she knew he would never do anything to steer her down the wrong path. He also never pushed her, which more appreciated than she could say. He always knew the exact right way to handle these issues with her. The girl nodded her head, making a promise that she wouldn't give up on Ehno, even if she wanted to right now.

Cambria waited nervously for her father's reaction to her admission. The silence was almost maddening in these moments and it was only his calming presence that kept her from losing it. When he spoke though, there was no real mention of it. No surprise in his voice, no judgment, no disappointment. To him, it was only a new fact about her, and one that was perfectly fine. Cambi sighed in relief, leaning into again, so thankful she had such a wonderful man as her dad. She hadn't thought of Mati as being shy. Could that be it? She didn't know. She wanted to believe it, but she was still afraid of being hurt more. "I...I'm just afraid. What if she really doesn't like me? I've been hiding because I'm so afraid to see her again. I don't want to see everything I'm worried I might see on her face..." His last words caught her off guard and she looked him, astonishment on her features. "You...you think I'm strong?" Of course he would never lie to her, but still, she had never expected to hear those words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread