Leaps and Bounds
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Just over three months old, Delwyn Zazkex was still very much a puppy. Filled with wonderment and awe at his very first Spring, he loved diving into a stream running near his home cabin, and scaring all the little fish into darting away. Other days, he would spend his time chasing squirrels up trees, flush with the most basic excitement of being a predator. His most favorite game to play, however was War.

Delwyn had only the most cursory knowledge of the growing conflict in the nearby regions, but had developed a childish anti-coyote bias based solely on their being a different species (having no other experiences to base it on). So today he was playing a mighty Luperci hero, facing down craven Coyote enemies. "Take this, scum!" Delwyn barked, snapping at some imaginary foe. "I will protect my homeland!"

Scampering through the budding scrub with the boundless energy of youth, Delwyn ran further and further away from his cabin, and in so doing, was accidentally becoming hopelessly lost, not that he would realize it for a long while yet. Suddenly, his ears perked up at the telltale sign of someone (or something) nearby. Fear gripped him, and all the warrior's mettle that he had been exhibating melted away. "Who's there? he yipped.

[/html]
[html]
The sound of amused laughter echoed from the trees as Ty stepped into the clearing. The orange wolf had been doing what he normally did during the day with his time, trying to keep an eye on and protect the Valley and it's inhabitants, making sure everyone was safe and secure. Ty was one of the few warrior wolves besides Pendzez and Jefferson who lived in the Valley, so it would be a rather easy target if not for those three and their constant vigilance of the Valley, Ty only wanted to do his part. He had finally come to terms with living in the Valley as a protector, accepting that his greatest tribute to the pack was to be a fighter for their protection, trying to better himself for the sake of the pack he was now in after joining almost 9 months ago. He now accepted he was a defender of the Valley, one of the few who were, as many called it the pack of outcasts and dreamers, which wasn't exactly a war clan title. Since the war had started between Dahlia de Mai and Inferni, he had been more vigilant during the day for any intruders that might stir up trouble in the Valley, as Jefferson clearly stated that they were not to get involved with the war.

However, Ty's patrols turned up something that he did not expect, a small pup who had ended up in the middle of nowhere. He had watched the pup from a distance for a second before the smell of Pendzez and Xeris pierced his nostrils. It was obvious that this was their son, a rambunctious and confident youth playing make believe in the forest. Though with his mother and father nowhere to be seen a small hint of worry crossed Ty's face. Were they not watching him? How had the child gotten out this far without knowing? He then noted to himself that it was none of his affair and pressed on, though he would want to talk to Pendzez and Xeris about this.

Nevertheless, when Ty had gotten closer the child's courage had almost disappeared since he had made noise. He hadn't meant to laugh at the sudden change in the boy's character, but it was amusing to Ty how quickly he had changed from hero to child. Nevertheless, he spoke with a friendly and cheery tone, though his words were certainly poking fun at the young pup. "Well, quite a brave wolf you are, out here all alone, defending us from our enemies!" He said with a friendly chuckle, "I'm certain the Valley will be safe with a warrior like you protecting her!" After another breif snicker Ty stepped out fully into the clearing with a friendly wag of his tail, trying to make sure the boy would know he was a friend. Though probably his size and the scars on his body were not helping, Ty had to be careful about not scaring the boy out of his wits.

"Don't worry kiddo, I'm a friend of you mother and father's, you should probably tell now that I smell of Phoenix Valley." He stated as he approached cautiously, not wanting the child to suddenly take off into the woods, which he would if Pendzez had taught him anything about strangers. His tail continued to wag as he spoke again. "My name is Ty Trenton Nasphrite, I'm a part of the pack here. He said, proceeding to look around in the location of the forest. His golden-blue colored eyes then darted back to the child and he asked, "My my, you're a long way from your home kid, how did you end up here all by yourself?"
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Delwyn's ears perked up with excitement and his fear melted away immediately when he realized this was a new friend for him. "I'm fighting Coyotes!" He shouted ecstatically. The pup dropped into a faux-battle stance, his lack of experience readily apparent, "I'm a mighty warrior like my papa, keeping the Valley safe!" His tail then dropped with slight embarrassment, as he had forgotten the basic manners his mother had so patiently been teaching him: "Oh... um... my name is Delwyn. Delwyn Zazkex!"

The snow-colored pup was far too energetic and too naive to be properly nervous of strangers, a trait that could cause trouble for him in the near future. His back legs began to twitch from standing still so long (Almost a WHOLE minute,) and he took a moment to run like a bat out of hell back in forth and all around. When he had managed to work out some of his pent-up energy, he stopped and sniffed at Ty's forepaws.

Unable to hold back his curiosity any longer, Delwyn began with a tirade of questions, each one tumbling out of his mouth with barely a pause between them, "Are you a warrior? How did you get those scars? Can you transform like my mama and papa? I don't know how yet. How old are you? Do you know Jefferson? He's the leader of the Valley! Do you want to play with me? What do you want to play?" Delwyn's tail wagged so rapidly it looked as though it might come flying off.

[/html]
[html]
Ty could only respond to Delwyn's introduction with a stifled snicked and a cracked grin. "Well, it's nice to meet you Delwyn." Ty said to the boy, though his voice trailed off at the end when the boy started running all over the place. This resulted in Ty cocking and eyebrow and snickering again at the child's wild and energetic behavior. Judging on first impressions, it was hard to believe that a child like this came from such people as Xeris and Pendzez, they were so quiet and calm compared to their child. However, the bright white fur was more then enough proof of their connection, and although Delwyn's was covered in dust an foliage from the constant play and exploration, it nevertheless shone with an angelic sparkle in the sunlight. It did worry Ty that the boy now had such a one sided view against coyotes, but he figured it was Pendzez's place to teach the pup that not all coyotes were bad. It was not his affair to teach the boy without his friend's permission, after all, Pendzez might not even know that the pup was even out here.

The pup then procceded to barrage Ty with a fountain of questions spewing out of his mouth so fast Ty's ears pressed forward onto his head trying to keep track of them, snapping him out of his train of thought quite quickly. "Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there kiddo," Ty said, raising a paw in an attempt to get the child to stop his questioning. "You gotta wait for me to answer the questions, that's how a conversation works." Taking in a deep breath, in an out, Ty began to scratch his head with his front paw attempting to recollect all the questions the small boy had asked, before answering them in order. "Now let's see...to answer your questions...Yes I am a warrior, and the scars are not battle scars. I am a luperci like your mother and father, so yes I can transform. I am 2 years old, and when I was your age Jefferson was one of my mentors. As for playing with you, I'm not even sure you should be out here by yourself, so I'm not going to until your mother and father know where you are."

He then stood up and began to circle the boy, acting as a barrier for which the pup could not cross or attempt to run off into the woods. "Speaking of your parents, you did not answer a question I asked you kiddo." His head lowered and cocked to the side, trying to get him into eye level with the little one. "Why are you out here all by yourself? Where are your parents?" He asked as he kept the circle large enough in case the little pup needed to run around again. The pup was lucky that Ty was the first one to find him, in this area, bears and mountain lions roam freely about, catching whatever isn't well guarded, albeit on very rare occasions to they actually leave the mountains to move in this territory, it still happens. In fact, Ty could remember that this was the area where he fought and killed that mountain lion attacking Rendall when she was a pup. But it was very rare that ever happened, nevertheless, Ty kept a vigilant ear and nose to their surroundings.
[/html]
Pendzez was finding fatherhood quite troubling, but he was managing well, so was Xeris with her motherhood. Carwyn seemed to be the calm one, while Delwyn was the energetic child of the two boys. Xion, he wasn't really sure. He would need to spend time with her to get attached and bonded to her. He spent more time with the boys, more of a father and son, than father and daughter. Speaking of Delwyn, was was he?

Carwyn was with his father as they both searched for the second boy. Carwyn was sniffing along the ground, trying to track his brother's scent. His daddy had a better nose, he could smell him out. "Daddy, I can't finds Del. You sees him?" the little boy said to his tall father. "No, but I can smell him, and another wolf." The two walk further.

Then, they both stopped as Pendzez saw his son talking with his father's friend, Ty. He was glad that he was safe, but was disappointed that he ran off without supervision. "That's the question, ain't it Ty. Where are his parents?" Carwyn was in glee as he safe his brother safe. "Delwyn!" he shouted as he playfully tackled and wrestled with him.
[html]

OOC: Sorry about the day-or-two delay. Also I'm glad to see you joined, Daniel (would you prefer I call you Pendez, Daniel, or Dan when I'm OOC?). I was hoping to rp with one of my character's parents soon.

Delwyn loved wrestling around with his brother: he had a surprising degree of natural talent and was very good at it. It wasn't that he was particularly stronger than other pups, but rather, it seemed like he never tired out, which was always advantagous. So excited was he to be playing another game, the snow-colored pup completely forgot to pay any mind to the pair of adult wolves as he pinned and was pinned by his brother time and time again. After rolling about in the brown grass for a good while with Carwyn, probably pushing the patience of his waiting father, the playful little pup broke away with a grin.

"Here's my papa, mister Ty!" he shouted, bounding towards his father with exuberance. Looking up at the red-eyed arctic wolf, he happily claimed "I made a new friend today, papa! He says I'm a brave warrior!" It hadn't yet occurred to the rambunctious youth that his father might be disappointed or angry with him for running off: tact wasn't a virtue that came naturally to Delwyn. Indeed, he was yet naive to the dangers of the real world. As much as his mother tried time and time again to explain to him the virtues of caution, especially while so young, the puppy's mind never conceived of the notion of anything other than fun and adventure being all around him.

Overhead the first few drops of rain from a coming shower began to fall.

[/html]
[html]
Ty's nose flared up again when the scents of two more wolves, but he recognized the scents as friendly, so when Pendzez and his pup did make their appearance, Ty was pleased to see them, but unsurprised. It wasn't like Pendzez to be irresponsible and allow one of his pups to run free. He watched as Delwyn's sibling tackled him and the two pups got into a little wrestling match across the ground, causing Ty to chuckle, remembering having similar wrestling matches with his sister when he was that age. Although surprisingly it was usually his sister who initiated the wrestling matches, it didn't mean Ty was one to run from a tussle.

"It was about time you showed up Pendzez." Ty said, now plopping himself down in a sitting position, though his ears still attuned to the surrounding area. The white noble looked as regal as ever, just like his children, their white fur almost glowing in the parted sunlight between the treetops. "I was beginning to think this little pup had really gotten away from you." He then laughed as his gaze switched between the tussling pups and the white wolf, admireing the family that the noble had created. It wasn't every day when a warrior like Pendzez successfully settled down and had a family, Pendzez was truely lucky to have such a wonderful family.

Getting over the envy, it had been a while since the orange warrior spoke to Pendzez, and he hadn't really had an intelligent discussion with him since their first chat and spar over a year ago, both had been so busy in their own lives. "How are you doing Pendzez?" Ty asked, his attention now turning to the white noble, though not totally losing sight of the two pups, in case they run off.
[/html]
Pendzez watched as the two pups playfully wrestled around. He did allow it for now, but he still needed to remind Delwyn of the dangers if he ran off with now supervision. WIth the whole war going on outside the border, who knows what will happen if Delwyn went out there. When the two stopped, Delwyn claimed that Ty was his friend and that he was a brave warrior. Pendzez showed no smile. "Well, I'm sure you are, but a brave warrior never runs away. We have told you, your brother and sister about the dangers outside Phoenix Valley. What would happen if you went outside? You never wonder off, not without me or mother. Ok?"

Pendzez switched his attention to Ty as he asked the noble a question. It had been sometime since Pendzez had seen Ty last, not since the pack meeting. However, it was a long time since the two had a little spar. "I'm going fine, thanks Ty. Xeris is fine too. And, I want to say, thank you for not letting Delwyn out your sight." he said as he turned back to Delwyn
[html]

Rain was starting to fall steadily, in cold pelting drops. The early-spring change of weather was fitting for Delwyn, as his good spirits were suddenly crushed. His ears flattened back in shame and his tail pulled far in between his legs, and in a remorseful tone he whined "I'm sorry, papa. I didn't know I was being bad. I was just playing. He cast his baleful eyes toward's Ty, looking for support. Seeing none, he walked sadly over to his father. As a puppy, he didn't yet understand that this was a passing moment of awkardness, and was acting with childlike dramatics.

A cold gust of wind blew through the trees, causing water that had been clinging to the tree branches to come showering down over them. In less than a few minutes, the four canines were becoming remarkably wet. Delwyn shook the water from himself uselessly, as more replaced it momentarily. The little pup was acting so miserable it was comical. For all his energy and his inquisitve mind, Delwyn was still a goofy child.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Ty nodded as Pendzez scolded his child for running away, it was apparant now that the boy was not supposed to be out all by himself. Ty could only snicker to himself slightly as he looked away, it was slightly comical to hear Pendzez's explanation of why the pup shouldn't run away. Unfortunatly, Ty suspected that wouldn't be enough to stop a boy like Delwyn from getting out again. He could already read it on the boy's face, the spark of liveliness and adventure was in his eyes, there was no way they were going to keep him from doing this. Ty felt like he'd been seeing much more of Delwyn then Pendzez's expected anyway. For now, all he could do was shrug and say in a chuckle. "Sorry kid, there isn't anything I can say against your father, he's your boss after all."

Before Ty got to reply to Pendzez, the water fell onto him. He only reacted to it with closed eyes and a spurt of water. He didn't seem too affected by the water, though he did shake his head before replying to Pendzez. "It's no trouble at all Pendzez, your boy is very friendly." He commented as he shook some more water out of his fur. "Though he's...quite the adventurous type. I take it that nature came from you?" this being a joke, Ty gave a small chuckle as his gaze was temporarily directed at the boys again, then back to Pendzez, and cocked his head in interested curiosity. "You've gotten quite a family since I last spoke with you Pendzez. Tell me...how's the wife?" He asked the white noble, his tail now giving a slight wag. "Xeris still doing alright after all these kids?"
[/html]
Pendzez had understood that Delwyn was still just a child and that he was very adventurous. Pendzez was like that himself, but he let go of that as he got older. Pendzez was being hard on him, even if it did sound like he was scolding his son, but he was just simply reminding him of the dangers that lie outside the pack borders, what with the war going on. "Delwyn, I don't mean to sound harsh, you got to know that there are dangerous lurking behind every bush out there. Just don't go any where without supervision." He turned to Ty, then back to Delwyn. "Exactly what he says."

He turned back to Ty as he spoke about Delwyn and his adventurous and friendly nature. Delwyn was that alright, and also a handful with him wondering off and all. "Yeah, the old me, as in the younger me, was like that, but I just let go. The pack needed me in ways and, you know, can't be a child forever." Then Ty commented on the noble's family asked about Xeris. His wife? That was a bit strange. Wolves don't have wives. "Ty, even a wolf such as yourself should know that we aren't humans. They have wives. We have mates. However, she is doing fine. She's looking after Carwyn and Xion right now."
[html]

Finals week is over. Should be back on schedule with posting. This one is rather short, hopefully that won't trouble anyone.

Delwyn's ears perked up at a new word: "human". He could tell through context that they were something relatable to, but NOT, wolves. He quickly lost track of that train of thought when an exciting realization came to Delwyn's mind. Looking from his father to Ty and back, he rapidly began formulating the best way to phrase his thought:

"Papa... you and Ty are both warriors, aren't you?" he began carefully, "because I was thinking, maybe, if you felt like it, you two could teach me how to fight. The sooner I start learning, the sooner I'll be good at it." His tail wagged and any of the contrition he showed moments ago quickly melted away as his eyes gleamed with excitement.

[/html]
[html]

ooc: as with Delwyn, I'm back as well.

Ty couldn't help but scoff at the chastising he was getting from Pendzez on what to call Xeris, which in Pendzez's mind was the mate, and how Ty shouldn't refer to things the way humans did. His response was with a disgruntled growl, as if this situation had been explained to him before. "Ah come on Pendzez, there isn't a reason to be nitpicky. Ty huffed out with a flick of his tail. He then proceeded to explain with a roll of his paw in the air. "We speak in their language, we turn into a humanoid form, we've inherited their cultures and mannerisms, does it really matter that much what I call your other? Human term of wolf term, you know what I meant." He then smirked lightly at hearing Xeris was fine, responding with a firm nod of his shaggy head. "Well, at least that's good to hear." He added in. "Without her, we wouldn't really have pups to keep this pack afloat for the next generation now would we? Well...without either of you really..."

Ty's ears perked when he heard the young pup asking to be taught how to fight, and he couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, not many pups were so eager to suddenly get right down to learning how to be a warrior. "You want to be a warrior already?" He asked with a smile. "Well, I gotta admit, you got spunk kid, but I think your father wants to be the one to train you." He motioned to Pendzez as he spoke. "And I wouldn't want to deny your dad the joy of teaching you something he enjoys...However...I wouldn't mind offering a few pointers if you'd ever want them, as long as Pendzez is alright with that."

[/html]
Pendzez didn't show any affected reaction by what Ty said in reply of what the white male said about what Ty said about Xeris being Pendzez's wife. The noble did nothing to correct his statement on how the wolves are like in someway, now, like the humans. However, as Ty finished making his statement, the white male simply replied, "We are still wolves, nonetheless Ty." After a breath, he continued. "but call them what you want. I'm not gonna stop you." Pendzez's ears perked up at the word of pups. "Speaking of pups, Ty, when might we be expecting some of your own?"

Pendzez looked down to his pup as he asked about being a warrior like the two older males. He heard Ty speak, saying that Pendzez would be the better trainer. "Well, if you wish to be a warrior, I guess that can be arranged, but maybe when you are a bit older, yes?" He then looked at. He would be happy to let Ty show some moves of his own. "And yes, I will allow Ty to show you his moves, if he's up to it."