Don't say we're healing when it's just not what we
[html]

Set march 1st

One month had gone by since she'd recovered the knife. She carried it with her everywhere now. She was only now feeling well enough to leave the lands. She avoided inferni, returning to her den in the city. She kneeled outside at Shadow's grave, speaking in soft tones to him and his siblings. I'm sorry i failed you, all of you...I wsih I could try again, for each of you.... She sighed, feeling small and lost.
When she stood, she went into her den by way of the back door. From there, one could see into the kitchen and livingroom. the stairs to the basement were to her left. Instead of going to the basement, she moved to the bedroom that was off the kitchen. She sat on the bed. From the bed, she could see the front porch, and beyond it, the street.
Next to the bed was a picture in a frame. She assumed it was the human that once claimed this room, or the human's mate. She pulled out the only survivng remnant of her journal, the picture of herself and lucifer. She sighed again, laying back on the bed. After a short while, she fell asleep.
[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

She was travelling in her two legged form now, though it made travelling a bit slower. She hadn't been feeling very well lately...and had been wondering if her illness was coming back. She'd had the flu before, and had thrown up a lot. She hated throwing up. Pilot had taken very, very good care of her during that time, and now he was taking care of her again. She'd never felt so helpless.

But today she was going out on her own, for a change. She'd felt well enough, and had told her worried mate that she would be back before the day was over. She loved him more than she could even say...but she needed some time to herself every once in a while. She was so grateful that he understood.

Dierdre put a hand to her belly, wincing. She'd spoken with Soran a few days before, when she'd found that the wolfess was back...and the mother had given her a new perspective on her problems. What Dierdre didn't know was how to tell Pilot about it. And Phoenix. She couldn't just go up to him and say "Hey! We're gonna be parents! Wonderful isn't it? Oh...but I'm not sure if they're yours or not. Sorry about that."

The girl approached one of the houses, opening the door. She'd be able to rest in here for a little while. She was surprised by what she saw, a large wolfess spread over the bed in the center of the room. "Mom?"

[/html]
Sorry i'm so late!

Deuce stirred as Dierdre walked into the house, but didn't wake. It wasn't until the fey was in the room that Deuce stirred, stretched. She hadn't been asleep long, but it was long enough to be missed. She sat up, a hand on her fractured leg. It was a good thing Dierdre had given her that bow, Deuce was now good for no more than a sedate walk.

She gave her daughter a sleepy smile, running her fingers through her mane. hey Dierdre. how's it going? She patted the bed, inviting the girl to sit with her. It was slow going, but the two were mending the rift that had formed between them. The rift the mother had caused.

Today was another sane day. She'd had more sane days than not since recovering Erik's knife. Maybe it was because Erik was again at her side, and didn't need to taunt her. She didn't know.
[html]

She wanted to tell Deuce immediately, but wasn't sure if it was the right time just yet. She needed to know how her mother was doing, how she had been faring since the last time that Dierdre had been around to visit. The necklace that she had given to her hung around her neck, a gentle reminder of the relationship that the grandmother-to-be and daughter had. They had gone through a lot together in the past, but everything had been forgiven and forgotten. They were in the "now".

"It's going well. I've been catching a lot of fish lately, keeping the food hole in Storm full of them. How's the bow working out for you?" She sat down when the bed was patted, dust floating up into the air from the comforter. She wanted to ask Deuce a few questions, about names, as well. She had been thinking about some names for the pups, whether they were girls or boys.
[/html]
As Dierdre sat down, Deuce noticed, not the puff of dust, the molecules floating in the air like shivers of silvery glitter. It was Dierdre's scent. Bi-colored eyes focused on the girl. A scent flirted with her, but she ignored it, focusing on her child. The white girl asked a question, and the mother smiled, her mind still mulling over Dierdre's changes.

The bow works well, especailly since I hurt my leg. It took some practice at first, but I'm pretty good with it. Not good enough to bring down anything major with it, but good enough to get a rabbit or two for supper. Not that she'd been eating terribly much. She hadn't. Just because she had less insane days than before didn't mean she was better. She was just getting there.

Deuce took anpther deep brath, taking in her daughter's scent again. She spoke up then. Dierdre. Are you pregnant?
[html]
Dierdre wasn't touching her stomach at all.

Dierdre had become good with a bow as well. She'd been taking lessons with Phoenix before he'd become ill. He seemed so much better than her at it, sometimes...but lately she'd been taking even more time to practice. She figured that she would need it, once the pups came. A way to bring down game without even moving, barely! It was great!

She would also need it once she got farther along in the pregnancy. So far she didn't like this at all--all of the throwing up, the appetite problems...the cramps. It was terrible. She only hoped that it got better from here.

"...did you already talk to Soran?" She asked, confused. How could Deuce had already known? "Soran said that she thinks that I am. I'm not sure. I mean...I've been dizzy before. And I've thrown up before, too. I did get over the flu not too long ago"
[/html]
[html]

dammit. I swear i read that she was. I'll go back and fix that....

Soran? Now it was Deuce's turn to look confused. Soran's back? She asked, an odd note of hope in her voice. I didn't know that.... She listened to the fey's speech, nodding. been moody? Tempermental? Looking to be alone more often than not? She was thinking of herself, when She'd been pregnant. All three times.
I was like that when i was pregnant. that doesn't mean you will be, every pregnancy is different. Your scent is different, that's how I noticed. That was how she noticed a lot of pregnancies anymore. The scent changed markedly. It was obvious to her now in a way it had never been bofore.
[/html]
[html]

She didn't know a lot about the things that were going on with her body, only what she had managed to figure out from the old human medical books. And those things only applied to humans. Dierdre would have to ask a lot of questions along the way, to make sure things were going along normally. It would probably be a good idea to go and see Fatin, too...she knew a ton about medicines.

"Hmm? Yes! I didn't know...that she hadn't come by yet. Maybe she had trouble finding you--especially if you keep hanging out all the way out here in the city!" She bounced a little bit on the bed, running her hands down the comforter. "Is it...good news to you that she's back? It was nice to see her again. I told her where you were at, Jaded Shadows, but nothing about Lucifer. I wasn't sure if it would be my place."

[/html]
Soran....The white fey's mind drifted back, back to the last time she'd seen Soran. That had been when she'd told the dark lady the news about her and her mate. Shadow had been so young. Deuce rubbed her injured leg gently. After a silent moment, she answered her daughter.

It is good news....Soran and I have been through a lot. I'm glad to know she's come home. Home...the white mother remembered the time she'd left. She'd come back a different woman entirely. And then Soran had helped her rediscover who she was. By the time the white angel had realized that she was truely in love with Soran, she'd vanished from the lands. And by the time she'd returned, Deuce was mated to lucfer. Was it too late? yes...Much too late.

And now? it was even more late. the mother's hand caressed her own belly. The golden thread had failed, and the white mother was expecting as well. It was noticable now, too. She was due near the end of the month, she figured. Would Dierdre be pleased to find out her sib;ings and her own pups would be raised around the same time?
[html]

She had been thinking about names for a while now, and had come up with two of them so far. She really liked the same Taesla, if there was a girl. Dierdre really did want a daughter, one that might grow up to be just like her mother and grandmother. That would be nice. Boys were okay, but she really really liked girls. At least, that's what she was thinking now.

"Yeah. Have you thought of any names, yet?" She asked, motioning toward Deuce's belly. "When should I be expecting my siblings?" The girl smiled a little. She hadn't thought too far into the future, really, and hadn't realized that they would all be raised together. "I want to name one Taeshia Rhiannon...and another one Sirius Revlis"

[/html]
Have you thought of any names? Deuce shook her head in the negative. Not yet... She added, with a rueful laugh, I'm trying not to think that far ahead. I wouldn't mind naming one after my adopted father, though. Taliesin. But a lot of naming them would lay on lucifer, too.

That was how it had always been with the white mother. Had Thanos been around for Dierdre's litter, he would of had the responsibilty of helping to name the pups. As it was, she'd thought long and hard about giving Dierdre her name rather than his, or a derivitave of his.
[html]

For once, Deuce would have someone else there with her when she gave birth, the father of the pups. Dierdre wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for her to be there or not...she thought that Deuce might want her there, but she wanted to try and stay away from Lucifer as much as possible, even after the pups were born. Maybe she would hunt the mother something to eat, and give it to her after the birthing process was completely over. Did giving birth make you ill? Or were you hungry when it was over?

Either way, if Deuce wasn't hungry, she could save it for later. Dierdre was glad that she had a bow, because that meant that she didn't even have to move around a whole lot, and she could still get a meal. She'd have to get a harpoon, too...for fishing.

"I see. I think that it would be a good idea to pass on Pilot's last name, too. We will have to decide that later on, when the pups are closer." She wasn't sure how long a gestation period was for a wolf, really...she'd never gone through this before.

"How much longer until they are born? I think that mine will not be here for a little while longer."

[/html]