Stay your soul and leave my heart its song
[html]

She wasn't completely sure what she had come to Grandfathers Tears to find, but figured that a couple of hours of meditation would do her some good. Ember always had a lot on her mind, and today was no exception. She wanted to go to a place where she could clear her mind; perhaps once she got everything out of her head an answer to everything would seep back in. The dark wolfess had been without her guardian animal for nearly three weeks now, ever since her argument with him. She had tried to call him to her, gone to every river and stream and had waited for hours. But he either wasn't there or refused to show himself. She guessed the second of the two.

The stubborn luperci felt safe inside of AniWaya and took off her weapons-belt as she sat down near the edge of the easternmost lake, setting it next to her. There was something about this territory that she liked; it had a very calm and peaceful sort of feel to it. Even the birds in the surrounding trees seemed to quiet as she placed her palms onto her knees and closed her eyes. The warrior would take some time to think and then fish for something for lunch. A gentle breeze swept over the area, making the beads in her hair click together as they were brushed by the wind. That was the only sound that she heard as she concentrated on going deeper into the silence.

[/html]
[html]

wc 300+

The lands of Aniwaya were as usual calm and tranquil, just like they had always been… sort of. Some of the peace was definitely gone now, because Noir Aston had returned home. Today the young woman was revisiting the different spots and places that she had loved so as a child, finding memories and safety wherever she went. Except for a few scenes with rapid cows and mean wolves, Noir’s childhood had been one of the rare happy ones. She had been a very happy child and she was still that content soul that she always had been, though thankfully with a slightly less squeaky voice.

Golden eyes found the black form and narrowed before widening out again when she recognized the older wolfess as Ember. So silly, of course it was Ember! Noisy as always, Noir danced down towards the edge of the lake and aunt Ember, huffing excitedly. Of course the other would be super happy to see her again! Dawali had been happy and mommy had been happy and Toefur had been happy and they were all happy! Surely Ember would be too! Baby Duck was doing his Baby Duck things, so for once there were no crazy quack quack sounds following in the young woman’s trails.

”Eeembeeeer,” The young Aston female whined with excitement and longing, sort of jumping up and down now as she smiled her giant smile at the other. Golden orbs turned round and somewhat shocked when she saw the woman’s face and ears. ”Oh no, what has happened to your face?” Noir had not really gotten a good look at piercings and similar before, and Ember had not been wearing these the last time Noir had seen her! She sucked in her cheeks and tilted her head as she studied the changes apparent in the black woman's face. They looked like they were hurting or something! Perhaps she should offer to pull them out!

<style type="text/css">
.likealotus b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b445a; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.likealotusooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c252e; text-align:right;}
.likealotus p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.likealotus {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... alotus.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4b313e; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c5367; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<333333!!!

She was trying to keep her mind as blank as possible, but the sound of nearby footsteps brought her out of her trance-like state. The Phoenix girl came swiftly to her feet as the sounds came nearer, whirling around to face the would-be attacker. Her mind went straight into warrior-mode, her hand grabbing her sword from the ground as she rose. She didn't want to think that she had been caught unaware in her own tribe's lands. She didn't normally come across anyone on her walks through AniWaya.

A surprised look graced the tall wolfess' face when she realized who it was, her nose filtering through the many surrounding scents to confirm the other's identity. "Noir! I haven't seen ya around much--ya surprised me." Noir looked a little confused about Ember as well, and she frowned momentarily until the other AniWayan spoke. "My face? Do I have something on it?" She asked.

[/html]
[html]

wc 300+

The girl had in truth paid little mind to fact that she had startled the black wolfess. She had failed to see the tension in the other before she had been recognized. Quite often Noir only saw what she wanted to see, and it did not at all occur to her that Ember might not recognize her instantly in an adult’s body. The golden eyed female shook her head smilingly as the leaf eyed woman commented that she had not seen her around much. Of course she had not been able to see Noir because Noir had been far far away baking cookies with wandering people!

An expression flashed in the dark face of the older woman and Noir recognized it as a frown. She did not even know that she had lots of things in her face? They looked like they hurt, but if Ember did not know about them then perhaps they did not all that much. She was happy, but having things in the face like that could not be healthy, surely. ”Yes, lots of things in your face and they look owwy.” Noir’s pale hands connected swiftly in a somewhat worried style before they unwrapped and rose to touch the things in Ember’s face. ”It’s okay, I can take them out!” she said with her thrilling voice, reaching out for a tiny thing similar to a super small stick between Ember’s pretty eyes.

<style type="text/css">
.likealotusooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3c252e; text-align:right;}
.likealotus {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... alotus.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4b313e; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7c5367; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Noir = <3

It was easy to lose track of people in the tribelands. Sometimes wolves missed meetings or went out of the territory for a time...she had noticed the female's absence, but hadn't been sure if she had left completely or not. It was good to see her again, that was for sure. Noir had been one of the first pups that Ember had ever had interactions with...she had helped to open the dark leader up to the possibility of being a parent someday. Ember had always been pretty afraid of pups.

"Things...on my face." She echoed, her brow creasing in confusion. What could Noir mean? It hit her when the younger wolf reached forward toward her forehead. She pulled her head back and away. "Those're supposed to be there. They're...er...decorations, Noir. I saw someone with a bunch of 'em...Piercings, is what they're called. But I decided I wanted some. Didn't hurt too bad to get, really. You've never seen piercings before?"

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

wc ehehe Big Grin

How could Ember not know about the things inserted into her face? The young girl’s face was even more confused that Ember’s. It kind of made her feel sad when the black woman moved away from her – she only wanted to help and Ember did not seem to want to be near her. Now Ember said that they were supposed to be there and Noir was only more confused, because she was very certain that something like that was absolutely not supposed to be there. She had never seen a wolf with stuff in its face, so certainly there was not supposed to be stuff there? Piercings? She had heard about those before, but didn’t people use them in their ears? Yes, she was certain of this – looked at Ember’s ears and face again before frowning. ”They’re not supposed to be in face, Ember,” she complained weakly, wondering if whoever had done this to Ember had aimed poorly and never told Ember that they had placed it at the wrong place -- that being not on the ear!!

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3

She was curious about where the girl had run off to and why she had chosen to return. Many didn't return at all. Ember was very happy to see her, yes, but also very curious. The dark wolfess had never been away from the lands in general. She had come from across the mountain and had moved from area to area on the peninsula, but hadn't left it for more than a day. The one day that she had tried to put it all behind her and run off to have an adventure was the day that the fires had come to the old lands. The Phoenix girl had seen the smoke on the horizon, turned back, and ran all the way back to Storm. It had been a blazing inferno. She hadn't seen her father Phoenix since that day, either.

"Where did ya run off to, Noir? I haven't been away from these lands...what was it like?" She interjected suddenly, trying to take the attention away from her piercings. She didn't want to argue--she liked them where they were at. Noir was a silly girl, always questioning, and Ember was curious to know of the lands outside of 'Souls.

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

--

Ember did not reply to Noir words, but the young girl was easily carried over to the new topic presented by the older female, and just like that she had forgotten about the odd things in Ember’s face that shouldn’t be there. And she hadn’t run, she had actually walked, though she had walked really fast so perhaps it could be called running. Had Ember never been away from these lands? That could not be right, because Ember was older than this pack? Or maybe she meant Nova Scotia place that Noir believed they sometimes called these lands. Pale blond tail started to dance like crazy again while the young girl tried to decide where to start.

"I was going after my friend that is called Ares, but he ran too far away and I couldn’t follow,” the girl paused suddenly and decided to let Ember know why she was following Ares. ”Ares is pretty boy and I thought he was going on picnic,” she explained swiftly before returning to answer the sub-leader’s question. ”Then I don’t know where, but far north of here I met lots of people walking lots and they were nice to me and when I said I was lost they said that I could walk with them for a while without getting lost because they always walked in a large circle like route or something when they walked lots,” here Noir had to take a few deep breaths before she could managed to go on. ”And they were nice to me and taught me lots of things,” she squeaked excitedly and wondered if Ember liked cookies. ”Do you like cookies?”

Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

She hadn't heard of this Ares fellow...but she could understand chasing after a boy, leaving the lands to follow a boy. Maybe it hadn't been that kind of a relationship, but she couldn't help but pair it up in her mind with the things that she felt for Dawali. "I know a pretty boy too." She said quietly. She then cleared her throat, looking away. Ember hadn't told anyone about this secret, her feelings, and she didn't want to let something slip on accident. She sometimes felt that having these feelings was wrong.

Her next words didn't make much sense to her, but she nodded anyway. "A cookie? She hadn't heard of that before. What was it? Ember had eaten some human stuff before. "I've had candy. I still have some candy back in my den, actually. But what's this cookie thing you're talking about?

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

--

Oh, how Noir’s throat suddenly burned with unasked questions about Ember’s pretty boy! To have a pretty boy meant to know a boy that you liked! It had been so long since she had last seen Ares Chance, but her belly still tingled funnily whenever she thought hard enough about him. She wished she could see his pretty super face right now! The pale girl did not immediately grasp that Ember did not understand the word “cookie”. Candy was a word that again blew Noir’s thought around so that she had to reassemble them. ”I love candy!” she squeaked happily just as Ember tried to ask about cookies.

A few moments passed before Noir’s brain managed to realize that she had been asked a question. ”You know in a last year’s ritual where we made nomnom super yummy biscuits? Cookies are kind of same and super yummy just like those biscuits we made!” the pale girl nodded and closed her eyes to better gaze at the mental image of cookies and biscuits and candy all over the place. She was a loyal follower of sugary things. ”Can we have candy in your den, please, Ember?” the girl asked with a pleading tone, looking intently at the dark woman. Perhaps they could sit and chat about pretty boys?

Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

Feel free to PP them getting to the den ;D

Noir must have learned a lot while she was out of the territory--Ember didn't understand a few words of what what she was saying. What was nomnom? She frowned again, trying to figure this out. Noir had made references to the word yummy, so maybe it had something to do with being yummy.

At the mention of the candy, though, she quickly nodded. She loved eating candy, especially with others! There were so many odd flavors to try! She'd had a great time eating it with Hemming before. "Sure! It's really not too far from here. Did you learn all of those different words when you left AniWaya?" She asked curiously. "Nomnom?

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]