Starting Anew
ooc: ...Sorry XD. I'm not so good with the timeline adhering, apparently!

word count: 398

ic: It took very little time for Jefferson to respond to the tri-color hybrid's howl. His single eye rested on the newcomers suspiciously for a moment, and then settled on Cerridwyn, ready to rebuke her if necessary, it seemed. She couldn't blame him; Jefferson was protective of the pack, she'd realized that the moment she met him. She wouldn't have even waited so long to call him under normal circumstances, but ensuring that the tiny pup was okay had been her first priority. Before she could reply, Fabayo began rattling off in what was, it was becoming apparent, her style. As soon as the golden pup was done, Ty reappeared, a little worse for wear. Cerridwyn watched him with concern as he detailed what he had discovered in the forest, essentially answering Jefferson's question for her. She did not hear what the tawny male whispered in the Patriarch's ear, but she had a pretty good idea of what was being said; she suspected the orphaning of the two young ones almost from the beginning. She nodded at the male as he limped in the direction of the river. If she didn't come across Angel soon, she would track the male down herself to ensure that his wounds were healing properly. The fact that he suspected the bear of being rabid was what worried her most; she was not familiar with the term rabies in and of itself, but she knew the fevered madness when it was described and she knew how incredibly contagious it was when fluids were exchanged.

She turned back to Jefferson, dipping her head in respect. "Tha' pretty much covers it," she said. "I 'eard th' li'l one's, Fabayo's, 'owl, an' came runnin' t'find 'er. She tol' me 'bout th' bear, then Aine popped up an' verified th' story. Ty was there soon after, an' it pretty much went frae there. I brough' th' pair a bi' deeper inta th' terr'tory t'get them 'way frae th' bear were it still 'bout." She hoped the leader wouldn't be angry about her bringing the pup and the yearling to the fields; she'd only done what she'd thought was best for the safety of the young ones, not to mention obeying the orders of Ty, ranked higher than herself. If it had been adult wolves at the border she might have hesitated, but pups were a different story altogether.
[html]

Closing up! You are free to start looking for threads, but I'd wait till you're titled before you actually start posting ICly. Big Grin

Jefferson could only stare his single emerald wide-eyed at the pup's long breath of speech, waiting patiently as she finished before Ty, next in line, filled in the gaps of her story. For a few brief seconds, the cyclops' eye was reduced to a slit, his fur bristling at the sheer thought of attacking bears; he had lost far too much from those beasts to simply tolerate their existence -- a cold chill slid down the bone of the scarred arm in the sling on his chest -- and he'd nearly forgotten it was around the time the devils would be waking from their hibernation. The feeling passed, though, and he gave a word of thanks to Ty when his former advisee broke away from the group to clean himself off. Feelings of disgust at the thought of the bear were quickly replaced with a subtle, though unexpressed on his face, swell of pride. Perhaps he had not done so bad mentoring the Senex after all.

As she spoke, the cyclops nodded thoughtfully. "Good thinking," he said, then glanced back to the two strangers. Ty and Cerridwyn seemed comfortable enough with them, and from the Patriarch's first impressions, they were harmless. In addition, if they were truly orphaned, then perhaps Phoenix Valley would have made for a good solace. It seemed everyone here had their own issues. "Fabayo and Aine, right? My name is Jefferson; I lead here. If you want to stay, we have the room." Green eye glanced at the dark-furred stranger. "You will start as a Loas and work your way up with time if you so desire. Fabayo here will join you when she's of age, but for now she might find interest in the other pups of our pack. We've got an unusual lot right now."

A rare, scarred smile came to his lips. "I trust Cerridwyn will get you more comfortable. I have other places to be." And with that, Jefferson was gone.

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.