A walk through the woods
ooc: Hey guys, sorry if i'm not always on 'souls much :/ Please join! Thanks!

ic:
Echo walked around the borders, looking for anyone who might be part of his pack. Echo was new to the AniWaya, and was curious on how the other pack mates might react to his appearence. A few minutes later, Echo grew tired. He sat down by a rock and decided to wait. He was sure other pack mates would soon come to see him.
[html]

Hi there Smile

The female was always at the borders, it seemed. She marked them whenever she could, rubbing along things or leaving her scent in other ways to make sure that others could tell where the boundary line was or wasn't. AniWaya hadn't grown much in the last few months, not enough for them to get any more land, but she was satisfied with what they had right now. The dark wolfess was one of the leaders of the tribe, the second-in-command below Dawali.

Ember was in her optime form, and stood on two legs today. She was headed back toward the area that she had left a large coil of fencing a few days prior, when she had met up with Cotl and had had a few drinks with him. She'd had a good time, but still had something troubling her. Her spirit animal hadn't returned for a few weeks, and this worried her. She frowned as she approached the coil of fencing, picking it up and starting toward the area of fence that was still broken and needed fixing.

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
Eventually the young male got tired of waiting. There was obviously nobody nearby the boarders, nor was there anything to do besides staring at birds all day... Echo got up and walked north from where he was. Eventually, he picked up the scent of another wolf and began chassing after it. When he arrived to its location, he found a tall, black she wolf in her optime form. Impressed, Echo began greeting the she wolf. "Hello, my name's Echo. Are you from here?"
[html]

She was always excited to meet new members. Ember had been in the pack for over a year and she often saw members come and go. It was nice to get a conversation in, at least, to try and get to know them in case they did stick around. Hemming and Yumiko had become good friends with her after she had introduced herself to them; they kept running into each other and she always had a good time with them.

The leader heard the other wolf approaching and raised her hand in greeting to him. He smelled a little foreign, but had the underlying scent of AniWaya on him--she could tell by this that he was a newer member, but that he was indeed a member of her tribe. She smiled, then cleared her throat to speak. "Hi! I am. I'm one of the leaders here--you must have been accepted by Dawali, because I don't think we've met! I'm Ember Phoenix." She said. "I was heading out toward the border to fix a part of the fence, and I wasn't expecting to run into anyone. Have you lived here long?"

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
ooc: Thanks for the quick reply! Sorry if I took so long on replying. XP

ic: Echo began to hear Ember speak. He almost turned pale when he realized she was another leader. He had been accepted into the pack for only a few weeks and was very new. Echo knew Dawali well and began smiling when Ember mentioned his name. Being accepted by Dawali was an honer to Echo. Joining the Aniwaya was also another honer to the lone wolf.

Echo began replying to the dark she wolf's questions as soon as she finished speaking to him. "I know Dawali well," began Echo, "and indeed, I am a few weeks old. It is truly an honer to be with you and the Aniwaya and it is a privalege to be speaking with another leader of this amazing pack. Thank you for your hospitality! I am very thankful... As for living around these areas... Erm... I've propably been out here for at least a week. Not long however."
[html]

No problem :3 <3

She could still remember the day that she had joined the ranks of the AniWayan tribe. She had been brought to the group by her friend Tayui, another longtime member of the tribe. Ember was still friends with the wolf and her children, a few of whom had chosen to stick around AniWaya. Ember

"I see! That's good to know. He's a good leader." He was a very respectful wolf, and gave her compliments. Her tail wagged back and forth and a grin took a place on her face. She was glad to hear that he was happy here--hopefully he would be one of the ones who stuck around. She pointed back behind him, to where she had been heading to.

"You're welcome, and thank you for joining. I was just headed out here to grab a coil of wire I'd left...but..." She could see to where the wire was supposed to be sitting...but it was gone. And the hole in the fence that had been there before had been repaired. "Someone must have fixed it up already! Probably Hemming, one of our carpenters here."

She shrugged, scratching her ear. "Hm. Then I really don't have anything to do today. I made time to come out here and fix it up. You got anything to do?" She was a little hungry, and perhaps Echo would like to go on a hunt with her.

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]
ooc: Thanks for the fast reply <3 really sorry about the long wait :/

Echo was pleased to see Ember. She seemed very kind and polite. Like Dawali, she was another great member of the pack.

Echo began replying to the dark she wolf's questions as soon as she had finished talking. "thank you for your hospitality," began Echo, "I have been starving for quite awhile. would you like to go on a hunt?"

[/html]
[html]
I got it for you Smile I just deleted the first table in there. Sorry for not getting back to you on that sooner! I checked it on my iPhone <3

She hoped that members found her welcoming; Ember did have a bit of a rough appearance, and she didn't want to scare anyone off with her piercings and weapons. She loved being able to protect her tribe from danger, whenever it came, and often did patrols and checked the borders to be sure that no one was coming across who didn't need to be there. She worried about the tribe sometimes.

Echo mentioned a hunt, and Ember nodded quickly. She was pretty hungry, too, and if they could catch something bigger then she could bring some food back for Lotus, too. The dark leader smiled. "Definitely! I'd love to. We might have to walk a little ways to find something, though--I think I saw some deer around the eastern portion of the border earlier"

[/html]
ooc: Thank you so much for that! Back and RPing. <

ic: Echo began smiling at Ember with confidence. He was now a proud wolf who had successfully made a new friend. But after a few seconds of gazing at the plains, he turned to Ember with a small reply, "It’s no problem at all,” he began. “Going east should be very interesting.” ...”But,” he continued, "besides wolves like us, what else lurks there forests? Are their any other wolves around here?"
[html]

She was enjoying talking to Echo so far, and most definitely would consider him a friend. He was very friendly and outgoing, something that she liked. Ember loved to talk to new wolves, and this meeting was going along just about perfectly. There was a certain bond between members of the same pack.

"Just other AniWayans, unless we cross the fence at the boundary. Maybe we can use that fence to trap some of the deer...they won't know what to do when they face it. It's too tall for them to jump" She said, beginning to walk toward the eastern portion of the territory.

[/html]
ooc: Sorry for the late reply :/ Arg!! Once again I'm late. >.<

Ic: Echo was a very curious wolf. He loved learning new things, but what he loved most of all was Ember. To him, Ember seemed like the perfect person to be with. She was calm, kind and had no trouble being near Echo. Echo seemed extremely happy when around the tall she-wolf. He hopped to meet more of the Aniwaya soon, though. They just seemed so kind.

"Wow, you seem so kind! I am so glade to be with you at the moment. I have never seen such an amazing pack before... After the hunt, may I come with you?" Said Echo with a smile as he followed Ember.
[html]

It didn't take long for her to smell something interesting. She changed directions slightly to head toward that scent, interested, but it seemed that her nose was a little off today. What she had thought was a live deer turned out to be a long-dead carcass; she should have known by the scent of blood that had come off of the thing. It was no good, the meat rotten and no longer fresh. She gave it one last sniff before looking to Echo and heading off again.

This time they were in luck; off in the distance she could see a small herd. There were several does and one buck, with a few smaller babies following along behind. She stopped and looked to the male, the pointed toward the herd. "They all look pretty healthy...which one do you think we should take?" She whispered.

[/html]
OOC: Super quick reply! :O And once again, tytyty for the reply!!! <333 Please PM me if you have any problems at all!

IC: Echo turned his head from left to right, trying to find a target of opportunity. He was truly famished with the sight of full grown buck and he just couldn't wait to dig his long sharp canines into some elk-meat. However, Echo was not so sure if he could pick the perfect target. He was still a slightly inexperience wolf and he certainly did not want to ruin the hunting exhibition for his fellow pack mate. So, he quietly whispered his response into Ember's right ear, "I... I am not to sure. Maybe one of those large Buck?..." A moment later, he walked a few inches close to Ember's side.
[html]

She wasn't sure herself, about which one to pick. Normally one would pick the injured or sickest of the group, as they would be the weakest and easiest to get...but all of these deer were healthy. She looked at the buck, noting his strong head of antlers, and shivered a bit. She could just imagine one of those going into her. Ember looked back to Echo with an unsure look on her face and then back at the deer.

"Those horns look dangerous--maybe one of the does instead? What about that one partway behind the buck?" She asked. If he agreed, then they could begin circling the deer to pick out their target.

[/html]
ooc: 'Souls got sexier!!! 8D Gold and red! Still love the original background, though. That one was awesome :3

ic: "Alright," replied Echo timidly. He swiveled his head once more, in case he saw something easier to attack. He did not want Ember to get into harms way. After all, she was the only wolf that he had seen in days, and she was also his only friend (along with Dawali Amara). But sadly, it seemed that all the deer in this herd were healthy. So, rather than look for the males, he too stared at the doe. "Ready."
[html]
If you go into "my controls" and down to "change forum skin" you can change it to one of many of the past skins! Smile

He agreed to it and she motioned for him to go around the other side of the herd. They could confuse the deer by one of them leaping out at it then chasing it down toward the other. She wondered if he would want to be the one to chase it or the one to ambush it, and waited to see what role he would want to take.

If he went to the left, then she would assume that he was going to chase it. However, if he went out into the brush and hid, she would know that he was in the mood to ambush. Ember wasn't particular about which one she did; she had done both in the past and felt as if either one would be fine.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Heya Ember! :3 How ya doing? :o And thanks for the advice <333 You're awesome <333

IC: Echo was beginning to feel the pains of starvation. After seeing the she wolf's small gesture, he quickly moved towards the left. He was unsure whether she was the one who was going to ambush the doe. If so, it may be the best idea, since Echo was inexperienced. Echo got into position, ready for the attack. "I am ready," he whispered, claws out with a small growl...

[/html]
[html]
Not when I take forever to reply to our thread ;___; <3

She hid in the brush, preparing for the animal to come for her. Echo did his part in the hunt and Ember hers; when the animal came near her she lept from the bushes, dagger ready. She plunged it into the deer's side, ripping it along the animal's torso. Ember tried to get on top of the beast but it got away from her, running away into the woods.

"It'll die soon enough" she said, panting, looking to where her packmate was. "We just gotta follow the trail of blood"

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Oh, it's no problem at all! It's me who needs to start RPing faster. I reply WAY to late on my own threads... :/

IC: Echo was absolutely amazed with Ember's unique way of hunting. In his father's territory, Echo never truly knew how to ambush prey. Anyway, it wasn't anything like Ember's. He nodded his head in response to Ember's question. But Echo had a much larger request. Since they were almost done with their quest for food, it made sense to ask her now while he still had time. "I am truly greatful for your help. After we have completed our journey, could you, by any chance, lead me to one of the main camps of our pack?"

[/html]
[html]
Na uh, it's no problem at all Big Grin <3

They caught up with the huffing, bleeding animal soon enough. It was weak from blood-loss and its breathing was labored; she stood over it when they reached it, then began to press on its windpipe to cut off its air supply. Once it had stopped struggling and moving she stepped back, putting her head down. She quietly thanked the animal for giving its life so that they could continue to live.

She then answered Echo, nodding her head. "Yes. Would you like to go with me to the village, perhaps? I'd like to wrap some of this meat up in leaves and put it into storage--or maybe put it out on one of the racks to dry so that we can use it in the coming winter." She'd do that after they were finished getting their fill.

[/html]