a smile pointed to the sky
[html]
Note: I probably won't be able to reply very frequently to this thread until after the 30th - like maybe one or two more posts before then - so please don't join if a slow thread is going to bother you! <3

This was almost what AniWaya had looked like the first time he saw it; the sun's light seemed like golden tendrils that twisted among the tall grass and glided across the river. It had almost been a year now since Hemming had first stepped on these lands, and not only had changes been made within him, they had been made outside of him. Like the construction of a village, frienships and stories had been erected within his heart, and in AniWaya, real buildings had gone up. While these changes had seemed gradual at the time, looking back on how things used to be made the rate of change seem stunning. The male could only reflect on the lands, and what they represented, in awe.

He was cradled rather comfortably in the branches of a tree, his back against its trunk and his legs crossed over an extending branch. Somewhere behind him, where he couldn't see, his young horse friend was probably getting into some kind of trouble. The black youngster was rather rambunctious, still, but Hemming no longer felt as if he had to keep an eye on him constantly.

Despite the nip in the air, it was a fine day to just sit, think and admire the landscape. Always taking this sort of thing into consideration, Hemming did just that.

james made this! ♥
[/html]
[html]

o hai there. late afternoon?

Today had been a day for going back to the basics. It had been a good long while since the dark wolfess had shifted down into her lupus form, preferring her optime for its security and the many things that she could do while she was in it. She had wildly thought that perhaps this was one of the things that would help her to bring Utriu back to her, if she remembered what it was like to be one with nature, or closer to nature. So the female had concentrated and shifted back down the night before, gotten some sleep, then come to the next morning.

The only recognizable thing about Ember while in this form (besides her many piercings) was the fleshy scar on her collarbone and the pale green of her eyes. She had been running all over the territory on this day, getting used to having four legs again rather than two, trying to do some of the things she had done when she was younger and unable to shift. She had swam in the river, chased down a pheasant, and hunted a few rabbits. One hung slack in her jaws.

Lotus was presumably elsewhere. She had brought him back a big box of toys from the city a week or two past, and he had seemed to enjoy them. There were a few stuffed animals that he insisted on sleeping with every night, something that she found to be pretty cute. He was getting bigger and bigger each day...soon enough he would be hunting for himself, finding all of his own food and not relying on her as much. She didn't know how she felt about that. She hadn't given birth to the boy, having adopted him, but they spent so much time together...she cared for him as a mother would a child.

She stared out into the woods as she walked, a gentle breeze blowing her fur back and forth, back and forth. She felt as if shifting down into her lupus form hadn't been a waste of time, even if she didn't get in touch with Utriu again. It was always useful to remember where one came from and to not forget what things used to be like. In this form she occasionally fumbled, but maybe that was what she needed. Perhaps she was growing to be too comfortable in her two-legged humanoid form.

Her walking began to slow. She didn't know what she would do if Utriu didn't reappear soon. She hadn't realized it at first and hadn't even noticed that he was gone for around a week after their argument...but she did miss him. Bayard was nice to talk to, but Utriu understood her on a deeper level than her horse companion. She settled beneath a tree, still thinking on this, and began to lick at the fur of the rabbit, biting at it to get at the tender muscles of the hindquarters.

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
lovelovelove. also, i've quite happily been wearing shorts for the last few days and it's supposed to SNOW tonight. what the heck. this post feels awkward, sorry.

Sometimes, Hemming imagined that he could feel the earth turning. But now, as he lounged in the tree with his eyes turned up to the blue sky, he felt stiller than any water had ever been. It seemed that the Earth was wide and infinite rather than a small sphere tumbling through space, and that the grasses could stretch forever. He knew that far in the distance were mountains and oceans, but it certainly didn't feel like it. The lands of AniWaya were all that had ever been and all that would ever be. For these moments, Hemming didn't know anything else.

He heard his friend as she, seemingly unknowingly, walked towards him, and turned his yellow eyes to watch her sure pawsteps. It was a familiar scent and a familiar companion, but the form she was in was strange. What a time it had been since Hemming had taken that form! It was strange to see, too; this was the first time he had seen Ember like this.

She settled beneath his tree, and excitedly and clumsily, he wrapped his legs and arms around the branch, and allowed himself to slip around so that he was hanging upside down. The speed with which he had flipped was rather surprising, but he managed to hold on and remain - besides the scrape of his hands and legs across the crusty bark of the branch - relatively silent. His head hovered a couple of feet above his friend's, and he grinned at her. "That looks tasty!" he exclaimed, hoping he wouldn't get her teeth in his face.
[html]

and now it's blizzarding! mwahaha!

She had thought of taking it home to cook it, but eating it raw seemed just as good. She was hungry, so it didn't matter too much. And she was in her lupus form...that would making cooking things much more difficult. Perhaps she would cook a big dinner on another night, and invite friends over for a nice drink. Cotl had shown her what good a drink could do someone; it had been great to relax with him. Maybe she would have Hemming and Yumiko over.

She paused in her dining, ears perking up at the sound of scratches in the tree above her. Just as she was starting to look up Hemming flipped upside down, and she bristled, startled. That just wasn't something that you saw every day. Ember took a few minutes to let her breathing slow down again before she spoke. "Hemming! Ya surprised me! You owe me big time now, scaring me like that! Either that or I'll hafta get you back one of these days. And it is pretty tasty...were you just sitting up there watchin' me eat? What a creeper."

<style type="text/css">
.ember1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#990000; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember1ooc {font-style:italic; color:#990000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember1 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#8D4794; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #09000B; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2D0531; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
You can take your weather back now Tongue Woke up to ~20cm of snow!

Hemming shrugged a little, guiltily, but it was hard to tell since the way he was hanging caused his shoulders to wrap around his neck anyway. A sheepish smile was plastered on his mouth as he waited for her to say something, and it didn't stay sheepish for long after that. "Sorry for startling you!" he cried. The wolf, with an amount of huffing that would suggest he was ninety years old, unhooked his legs from the branch. His body swung to the ground almost immediately, but in an unexpected stroke of luck the branch was almost the perfect height to let him down easily. Once he was hanging by his hands only, his feet dangled an inch above the ground. He opened his hands and dropped comfortably to the ground.

Dusting shed tree bark off his chest, he shook his shoulders a little bit (now those were muscles he hadn't used in a long time!) and sat down, cross-legged, in front of his friend. He let out a sigh, glad to be in a position that didn't require the engagement of a plethora of neglected muscles. After a moment, he said, "I wasn't watchin' you, you just happened to sit underneath the tree I was quite contentedly resting in. I think you're the creeper. He smiled crookedly and narrowed his eyes before prompting, "Admit it."
[html]

I have no idea about what to have them do now XD hahaha. They could talk about THEIR FEELINGS. Ember can be like DAWALI DON'T LIKE MEE D: and lol, weather :3 hope it all melts soon!

She couldn't help but chuckle as she watched him right himself, then come down to the ground. He hadn't been that far from the ground to begin with. He looked uncomfortable from hanging in the tree, like his muscles hurt or something; she noticed the small wincing that he did, the way his forehead seemed to crease as if he were experiencing a bit of discomfort.

"You ok?" She gave the rabbit's hind leg another good lick. "Cause ya seem like you could use a bit of my training...get those arms stronger. Yer a carpenter...you should be strong" she teased. "And ahh, I see. I picked this tree at random, really...runnin' into you was a surprise. Share?" She ripped one leg off, offering it.

<style type="text/css">
.ember2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F63BA; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ember2ooc {font-style:italic; color:#6F63BA; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.ember2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ember2 {margin:0 auto; width:394px; background-color:#E9D7CE; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ember3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6B2474; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BB75A2; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
I has a plan ;D

He stretched and rolled his shoulders, feeling particularly old, but Hemming's smile did not flicker. Though she teased him, he couldn't exactly disagree - he should be strong, and really, even if she wasn't really offering, he would leap at the opportunity to have a bit of training. The wolf was sure his friend would oblige such a request, and he could offer something in return. "Oh, would you train me? I'm such a weakling!" he exclaimed, and took the leg gratefully. There was something else he had been meaning to ask Ember, too, and before he took a bite he asked it. "And Obi, over there--" he gestured at the black horse romping several meters away, "--he's awful rambunctious, but a good kid. I have a hard time getting any tack on him though. He gets excited and... I guess I'm not strong enough to keep him steady." Hemming grinned and winked, finding that they were back at his original statement.

"And thanks for the rabbit!" he smiled again and nibbled the meat off the bone. His eyes drifted from his friend to the bouncy horse, and he watched. There was a fondness that the wolf felt for his darling Obi, something that might be akin to paternal love. It welled within the male as he watched, a curious and involuntary smile pulling across his lips. Obi's black hair shimmered in the sun, in stark contrast to the sky and the grass. He was not a creature that could be missed as one looked across the horizon - unless, of course, it was dark.
[html]

She was always glad to share with Hemming-she knew that someday if she was hungry and he had something, that he would probably share with her as well. She only wished that she had more to offer. She let out a choking laugh around the bite of rabbit meat that she had in her mouth when he mentioned not being able to control the horse, shaking her head. She swallowed what she had in her mouth before replying, clearing her throat. "Why not start sooner rather than later with that training, then, eh?"

He looked to his horse and she spoke again, wanting to keep the conversation going. "Lotus is doing well. Learns more every day..I'm real proud of him. He's a special boy, but I take the bad with the good." She said.

[/html]