Joining? xD
◦Character Name: Keychain
◦Character Birthdate (including year): November 18th, 2008
◦Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular Wolf
◦Species:Canis Lupus
◦Gender: Female
◦A secondary form of contact: Msn; phobiaphreakz@hotmail.com
◦How you found 'Souls: Top 10/50/100 roleplaying sites x3.
◦3 Roleplaying Examples or fill out your profile: Profile filled out =3? But here if you need it, theres only one but I can write more if you need me to.
--
Keychain made her way through the harsh, punishing snow. The wind blew strongly making it even harder for the poor female. She coughed and hacked, finally spotting a den in the distance. She slowly began to walk faster, then broke out into a run. Panting heavily she tripped halfway, but quickly got up and shook her head. Keychain continued to run. Finally the wolfess reached the den, and dropped probably half-dead. The female prayed that there was no stranger in the den, or else she might have trouble coming her way. The loud sounds of outside seemed to blocked out. The only thing Keychain heard was the 'drip - drop' of water. She looked up and a cave tear landed on her nose. Keychain shook her head, her eyes crossed so she could see her nose better. Keychain always made people laugh when she crossed her eyes.

She sighed, and curled up, glancing at the entrance of the den. Keychain sneezed and coughed. Then she burped, which didn't happen very often. Keychain wasn't the burping type. ''Excuse me.'' She whispered quietly to no one in particular. Keychain frowned as she noticed that her dye was fading slowly, but it would be a week before it completely disappeared like it had never been there before. ''But the aqua looks so cool...'' The female pouted. Keychain had always talked to herself and when she was caught, she felt really embarrassed. She groaned and rolled over trying to get some sleep. However the female was fascinated by her breath which was visible it was so cold. The wolfess put on a grin and took a deep breath, just so she could see her breath when she exhaled.
ACCEPTED~.

Welcome to 'Souls! Went ahead and got you titled up and ready, but though we pointed out a few particulars in the Mentorship forum, upon further review, there are a few other things worth mentioning about your character's appearance. Natural dyes couldn't really achieve such saturated tones -- especially on black fur, regardless of bleaching -- since such bright, vivid tones aren't natural. Natural dyes would not be able to produce such a vibrant colour. Humans have been dead for 22 years, so a lot of the items we take for granted no longer exist!

You've mentioned that you plan on revising some of your character's appearance so it fits in more realistically though, so once you have that sorted out, you should be good to go!
Alright thanks! So, if I changed the aqua to blue *OR* purple would that be acceptable? And I made a mistake, Keychain is a regular wolf not a Luperci xD(I copied the template where the default was ''Luperci'' and forgot to change it). Sorry about that.
The problem with dyes is that you need to have ripe or in bloom ingredients. Since they're all from nature, your character would only reasonably be able to dye their fur in the spring-summer time. You'd also have to ensure that the plants you use are native to Canada, and specifically, Nova Scotia. Purple might be more realistic, since there are many plants that give you a purple dye, but again, they won't be rave/ neon bright. It's more likely they would be a dark or subtle shade of purple.

Mulberries, blueberries, and raspberries might be a dying option. They have plenty of them in Ontario, but I don't know about Nova Scotia. They probably exist, but I can't say for certain!

Your character would also have to bleach their fur to get the colour. The only natural bleaches that come to mind are lemon juice, but those aren't very potent from what I understand.
I'm quite sure you can make bleach with urine?

edit; CLICKIE
Alrighty, I have changed her aqua markings to dark purple, since you guys said that would be more realistic. And, in winter and fall the dye will fade and she will just be black & white? That's what I gathered. I *might* remove the dye all together, since now that I've done my homework it's a lot more complicated than I imagined xD.
Yeah, it is pretty tough! Tongue We don't have many of the basic goods humans had in 1988, or do today. Our history's a bit tangential, so it can be difficult to remember it all!
Alright(I say alright too much) well I have come up with a idea, fear not Tongue.
Well I've decided that I should change up Keychain's appearance, to where she is black & white, but the only white on her is the tip of her tail and on her front left leg. The white on her leg is kind of like a knee sock.
And SOMETIMES, she dyes her fur dark purple?
That would make sense! Big Grin You can always have her as a black wolf with patches of white fur so you don't have to dye it... ;3

I do believe there are a few characters on-board that can dye, too! Big Grin So you could easily make it work! I know my NPC character, Claudius, is learning how to dye, but I swear there are more lurking around. D: But either way, it is definitely doable! :3 Thanks for understanding, and I hope it's alright for your character development. <3
I think Firefly in CDM can dye. Cause I think she help Strel. I think and One of Jacobys charries can dye or tattoo others.
Cotl tattoos.
I could not remember. So ya thank lol
Also, Lolita dyes fur - she keeps her hair dyed, and I'm sure she could be convinced to dye someone. ^^